Hadji Wright's Winner at Wolves (1 Viewer)

Offhegoes

Mar 14, 2014
For me the moment of the season. I can't remember another goal that I celebrated harder. The elation of that performance, comeback and goal was magical. The Man U comeback was special, but we played so much better against Wolves.

Robinshio

Jul 13, 2022
I physically could not have celebrated Torp’s goal harder. I ran down some steps, ran back up and ended up in a pile of bodies on the floor. A pile of the 5 or 6 lads I was with, a couple of random lads and at least one middle aged female! Haji’s was a close second though.
not even a close 2nd- the haji goal was massive, but miles off the torp for emotion

JSL

Aug 15, 2023
Thanks for reminding me. I have just had to watch the whole highlights on Youtube again

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Dec 15, 2015
I'm still not over the Man Utd debacle and not sure I will be for a long time, if ever. The Torp goal was the most I've ever celebrated a CCFC goal. It was like a 40,000 army at that point. The equaliser against Luton was also special, but this one was just another planet.

The fact those pricks took it away is just criminal. I hope we do playoffs next year and win it, just to right it all and make me have some solid happy memory that we can properly hold on to.

PVA

Apr 22, 2011
On the Torp goal, I was talking to a non City fan the other day and telling him how fucking incredible that moment was.

But he really couldn't understand it - he was saying that because the goal was chalked off it lost all meaning, and surely the disappointment of it being taken off us outweighs the high of the goal. And he asked would I rather I have experienced the goal but suffered the crushing feeling of it being disallowed, or not to have experienced the goal and not had to go through the disappointment.

I obviously chose the former and he was shocked, he said he would rather have the latter.

He's not a plastic or glory hunter or anything either, he's a ST holder at Derby so a 'proper' fan.

I think it's one of those things that is just indescribable, that utter elation and ecstasy.

Domo

Jan 2, 2013
On the Torp goal, I was talking to a non City fan the other day and telling him how fucking incredible that moment was.

But he really couldn't understand it - he was saying that because the goal was chalked off it lost all meaning, and surely the disappointment of it being taken off us outweighs the high of the goal. And he asked would I rather I have experienced the goal but suffered the crushing feeling of it being disallowed, or not to have experienced the goal and not had to go through the disappointment.

I obviously chose the former and he was shocked, he said he would rather have the latter.

He's not a plastic or glory hunter or anything either, he's a ST holder at Derby so a 'proper' fan.

I think it's one of those things that is just indescribable, that utter elation and ecstasy.
i remember turning around to someone i didn't know, and grabbed them by their collar and started violently shaking them, whilst screaming.

shmmeee

Jul 11, 2011
Coventry, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Torps winner is the highest I've felt in 25 years as a fan. The elation, the sheer shock, the comeback, the occasion, everything

I think the only thing that will top that feeling is promotion to the premier league

Only through the playoffs weirdly. Unless it goes to the last day Indont think you’ve get the same hit from autos.

SBT

Sep 14, 2012
And he asked would I rather I have experienced the goal but suffered the crushing feeling of it being disallowed, or not to have experienced the goal and not had to go through the disappointment.
We were talking before the game about whether you’d settle for a defeat beforehand, but with a meaningful goal scored for us in the process. I erred on the side of doing the deal. Would have been a bad decision tbh, but it’s also kind of what we got! (Might actually be my fault)

DannyThomas_1981

Jun 28, 2017
I agree with everyone on here. The only thing I would say is that for the Torp goal - I was in a state of shock, disbelief and near emotional exhaustion after 120 minutes. So it was out of this world but I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing.

The Hamer goal still tops it for me - celebrating that goal at that time in that game with my closest family and friends - greatest City moment.

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
To be fair, as disappointing as the end to the season was, there have been some real all time moments of goals. Aside from Torp (which I will watch just to hear that roar again)

Wright at Wolves
MVE at home to Leicester
O'Hare at home to Leicester

Just brilliant moments you can watch again and again

SkyBlueSoul

Apr 15, 2015
Manchester
For me the moment of the season. I can't remember another goal that I celebrated harder. The elation of that performance, comeback and goal was magical. The Man U comeback was special, but we played so much better against Wolves.
Agree with this tbh. When O'Hare played Wright through me and a few others nearby said "he's offside" so even though I celebrated like hell there was a nagging doubt. No such doubt with Wright's goal and it had been more of a rollercoaster of being ahead, conceding 2 in 4 minutes and being utterly deflated, to coming back and winning.

Reactions: Calista and dadgad

TomRad85

Apr 30, 2018
Saw my neighbour for the first time in ages yesterday. Talked about the game, he said every single person he's spoke to knows that was a goal, the other way and its defo given as one, but they needed Utd vs City to sell to foreign audiences. Cancelling his West Ham season ticket (he's an older geezer who's had one for literally decades) because he's just not entertained by what the game is anymore.
VAR will be the death of this sport.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Deity

Jul 22, 2016
Wasn’t at the Wolves game, but did you really go harder for that than the Torp goal at Wembley? I’m already anxious I’ll never top that feeling.
I was lucky enough to be at both and for me the Wolves feeling was pure elation and the United feeling was disbelief…. Both were up there in my top 10 moments as a city fan. Both were quickly followed by pride !

For those of us of a certain age you will know that our various relegation escape routines were also incredible but the feeling was relief rather then pride.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Feb 3, 2015
The wolves one just continued as we were part of the team celebrations after which made it so special and a unbelievable moment and the joy at finally making a semi final again at Wembley was oh so special.
But.......for 60 seconds at Wembley, I am not sure I know what Heaven is or or if it exists but the emotion, the hugging my 31 year old son, then my friends and then strangers around us will live with me forever, it felt way longer than 60 seconds and the joy, ecstasy and emotion was just dream/fairy-tale like, and then they robbed us :mad: but for that 60 seconds :love::eek:o_O

Brighton Sky Blue

Jan 11, 2012
Coventry
To be fair, as disappointing as the end to the season was, there have been some real all time moments of goals. Aside from Torp (which I will watch just to hear that roar again)

Wright at Wolves
MVE at home to Leicester
O'Hare at home to Leicester

Just brilliant moments you can watch again and again
Palmer against Oxford for quite a different reason, the ‘oooo’ made by most of the crowd in surprise at the quality of the strike. Heard very few of those anywhere never mind CCFC

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

Viktor17

Nov 8, 2023
Better to have experienced "Torp" than not. We will all never experience anything like that again, because the chances of that match circumstance being repeated are near 0.

Will always have that moment, reagardess. Still makes me smile now thinking about it - like being transported to another place.

CCFCSteve

Aug 11, 2011
So I'm changing this canvas above my computer partly because it's faded in the sun View attachment 35604

But also Because he's leaving and replacing it with this View attachment 35605

Love it ! Bobby in the background !

The Torp goal* just wins it for me, the sheer disbelief as has been mentioned, fans crying, mental scenes. But the Wright goal is a very close second, I was lucky enough to be in that corner as well, great angle for the goal

*was never disallowed in my happy world and it will stay that way

Skyblueweeman

Dec 7, 2011
Portsmouth
When Wright scored the winner vs Wolves, I was at home recovering from a small operation that men my age normally have when they don't want any more kids. I was recovering nicely until I jumped up celebrating.

T'was a great, great goal and one that's etched into the memory.

That said, when the Torp winner went in, I've never experienced anything like it. The emotions of the comeback and the fact that we had just beaten one of the biggest clubs in the world, having been 3-0 down...I'll never forget that feeling. Amazing.

skybluelee

May 29, 2011
Weymouth
For me, the Wright and Torp goals are on a par with each other. Both felt like an out of body experience. To have had those two moments in such a short space of time is incredible really. Alongside the Gus goal v Luton the three greatest moments of all-time, albeit one was cruelly taken away 90 seconds after it happened.

Frostie

Jan 31, 2011
Wright was just wild celebrations & limbs, absolute euphoria.

Torp one for me I was literally just stood in disbelief rather than jumping around ecstatic.

2 incredible moments but very different emotions.

Reactions: Sky Blue Pete

skyblue_55

Nov 30, 2014
What a journey & isn’t it fantastic now , that we’re carrying the memories on …
Torp’s goal , a thing of beauty , the come back of ALL time , limbs , ecstasy , overwhelming joy from 36,000 skyblue fans , all as one …
Wrights goal , again superb & against the odds , but Hamer , 2nd leg goal at Middlesbrough was a master at work & again the celebrations just rolled on & on
These will live with us forever
CTID

Users who are viewing this thread