Hadji Wright's Winner at Wolves (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

The Hamer goal in the final was an incredible moment, dont get me wrong. To score in the game that decides if you go to the promised land was unbelievable

But i dont know, I just feel that that day was written in the stars to be Lutons. I never felt we were going to do it

Contrast that with Exeter, we all knew we would win, Oxford, the first time at Wembley in 30 years, and of course the United semi where we all went to enjoy the day and we (lets be honest did) got it done

Something about the whole day, build up, whatever had me knowing we werent going to beat Luton

fernandopartridge

Saw my neighbour for the first time in ages yesterday. Talked about the game, he said every single person he's spoke to knows that was a goal, the other way and its defo given as one, but they needed Utd vs City to sell to foreign audiences. Cancelling his West Ham season ticket (he's an older geezer who's had one for literally decades) because he's just not entertained by what the game is anymore.
VAR will be the death of this sport.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I do think the attraction of City v United is vastly overstated, as a derby Utd v Liverpool and Utd v Leeds has always been better than it. The other thing is that it was the same final last year, I don't even think I watched it or know what the score was.

Mcbean

I do think the attraction of City v United is vastly overstated, as a derby Utd v Liverpool and Utd v Leeds has always been better than it. The other thing is that it was the same final last year, I don't even think I watched it or know what the score was.
Sadly worldwide it’s a minter for the tv and FA people which is why that goal
Was disallowed

skybluecam

I always thought the Torp goal was offside, just from the way that Wright was coming back, and after the delay for the pen VAR was firmly in my mind. So his winner against Wolves was far better for me.

Sky Blue Pete

Looked straight over at lino who had his arm out to show he thought it was on so didn’t half celebrate
Wasn’t obvious it was being reviewed until Onana came up to the ref - it was always going to be of course

Irish Sky Blue

I have watched City since 1967, so for 57 years. In all that time I have never seen a City team come back from 3 nil down. The comeback therefore was incredible enough but to score that goal in the last minute of extra time in an FA Cuo semi final at Wembley against Man Utd was just something else.
I was at the famous Wolves match in 1967, saw us clinch promotion and the Second Division Championship a couple of games later, I was at Wembley in 1987 and have been at all of the wonderful Mark Robins ‘events’ in the last 7 years. However, that moment when Torp connected with Wright’s cross and side footed the ball home was without doubt the most exciting, exhilarating, and the best moment I have had as a City fan. To be there and to share it with with two of my sons, to see the United players on their backs as our team went mental, to see the joyous mayhem in our half of the stadium, I will never forget and don’t think it will ever be repeated. If anything was ever to capture the magic of football it’s that 90 seconds.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Special shout out to the O'Hare goal that hung in the air for about half an hour too.

A level down from the euphoria of the others, but so very important in its own right. That was the moment I stopped casually enjoying the day and started taking the game seriously. There was like this atmosphere change around that suddenly we weren't going to get battered, and the feeling of the place changed in a split second to thinking hold on, we might actually be able to cause a problem here. It galvanised us all.

eastwoodsdustman

A lot of my customers at work know I am a city fan and loads rang me on the Monday after the united game and I said to every one of them that nobody can ever take the feeling away that I had for those 2 minutes when Torps goal went in. Its the best feeling I've had since we won the FA Cup probably better in fact having faced so much shit over the last few years.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

A lot of my customers at work know I am a city fan and loads rang me on the Monday after the united game and I said to every one of them that nobody can ever take the feeling away that I had for those 2 minutes when Torps goal went in. Its the best feeling I've had since we won the FA Cup probably better in fact having faced so much shit over the last few years.

The Day Wembley Stood Still.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

The other moment for me was at the end when their players and fans couldn’t get off the pitch and out the stadium quick enough

Then for what felt like 20 mins they enjoyed our support and we enjoyed their gratitude

Watching the Man United players falling to floor when Trop scored, they knew they were beaten.

Until VAR, cheating bastard's.

gruffskyblue

I never thought the ‘Huckerby’ moment would be beaten. Especially as I was in the West Terrace with my brother at the time. However, the Torp ‘goal’ was an out of body experience like no other. I was screaming, jumping, crying, hugging, swearing, laughing, I felt like I was flying… total hysteria.

At that moment all of the hurt we have been through for so many years prior to MR was expelled. Yes, ultimately it didn’t count but football is about moments. That was the finest of them.

Hertsccfc

I always thought the Torp goal was offside, just from the way that Wright was coming back, and after the delay for the pen VAR was firmly in my mind. So his winner against Wolves was far better for me.
I was starting to think I was the only one who half expected the Torp goal to be chalked off by VAR. I celebrated Wright's equalising penalty much more.

RoboCCFC90

Short story, when Hamer scored against Boro in the play-off semi final I wasn't sure it could get much better...

Then Hamer equalised against Luton and that was another level of feeling and emotion.

Haji's goal against Wolves was on par with Hamer's play-off final goal, just because of the timing and the reward it was going to give us.

I thought that wouldn't be topped (again) until Torp scored against Man Utd and the emotion in that moment was unlike any other..

Since MR's return the high's have been coming more frequently and with higher importance and emotion, long may it continue.

jamboy

Torp, easily. People I usually never speak to, are still making an effort to tell me it was the best game they'd ever seen and that penalties were the wrong way to end the game. I don't know what to say to them. The more I hear that, the more the magnitude sinks in.

Skybluekyle

Whilst Haji Wright's goal was immense, taking into context the 15 minutes, and heck reducing it down to the three minutes, that proceeded it, I remember constantly saying "what have I just witnessed?". This shock was tenfold following Torp's winner, and I will take it to my deathbed, it was the winner (as much as I try not to dwell on it), everyone bar a few delusional Utd fans and those in the room of VAR, know it.

Whilst I am rarely moved, but my brother crying in my arms, we'd done it against the biggest club in the world, coming from 3-0 down to go into an FA Cup final. Even VAR will not snatch that feeling away from us, however brief, and when seeing messages from a mate of mine who is a Utd fan from Northern Ireland, saying "I wish I was Kyle right now", between the ball going in and VAR's "decision". Even he knew, it is a feeling he probably will never feel.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Better to have experienced "Torp" than not. We will all never experience anything like that again, because the chances of that match circumstance being repeated are near 0.

Will always have that moment, reagardess. Still makes me smile now thinking about it - like being transported to another place.
Yeah, the circumstances of the Torp goal will never get repeated. The sense of occasion at Wembley, the importance of winning to get to the cup final, how late into injury time it was, the standard of the opposition and the sheer magnitude of the comeback. It's a Hollywood script in real life, including the moment you thought the villain was dead but they somehow spring back to life.

ms639

Honestly despite it being disallowed the best moment of the season was torp against united. I have never had a feeling like that in my life. Even though it was chalked off, the feeling of pure ecstasy was absolutely unrivalled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SwanLane

That Torp goal was something else. What to compare it with? Sol Campbell’s disallowed goal v Argentina is the closest I can get to.

But actually, to be at Wembley, as underdogs, having played crap for most of the game, go 3-0 down but turn it round in the last seconds…….Campbell’s doesn’t come close.
And the noise and the dancing and hugging strangers and nearly tripping over the seats.
I cant believe I’m saying this but it actually doesn’t matter to me now that it was disallowed. It’s something that happened that nobody can ever take away.

DannyThomas_1981

That Torp goal was something else. What to compare it with? Sol Campbell’s disallowed goal v Argentina is the closest I can get to.

But actually, to be at Wembley, as underdogs, having played crap for most of the game, go 3-0 down but turn it round in the last seconds…….Campbell’s doesn’t come close.
And the noise and the dancing and hugging strangers and nearly tripping over the seats.
I cant believe I’m saying this but it actually doesn’t matter to me now that it was disallowed. It’s something that happened that nobody can ever take away.
To be honest Swanny my emotional connection to CCFC vs. the England is about a million times in favour of Cov - and the gap is only getting bigger as the years roll on. So can’t compare.

Offhegoes

I think the Torp goal is why the semi is so difficult to get over. To have that level of incredible elation and then to see it snatched away.
The Torp goal was certainly 50/50 for offside. The fact they used one angle to make the decision that Wright was offside (so we are led to believe )
and the subsequent camera angles released after the game that confirmed he was level. If that was Man U v Arsenal, they would have checked & shown all the angles. Game is crooked. Maybe not at our level but when you’re talking about a cup final, no way they want a Championship team playing Man City

shepardo01

However, the Torp ‘goal’ was an out of body experience like no other. I was screaming, jumping, crying, hugging, swearing, laughing, I felt like I was flying… total hysteria.

At that moment all of the hurt we have been through for so many years prior to MR was expelled. Yes, ultimately it didn’t count but football is about moments. That was the finest of them.
Exactly this.... This is how I felt!...
I honestly think I passed out for a second!
My head went and I found myself on my knees hugging my kids....
Never felt anything like it

Users who are viewing this thread