Hadji or Chippo (1 Viewer)

LewSkyBlue

Seeing these comparissons and me thinking of my holiday to Morrocco. These 2 midfielders with not much separating them came to mind.

I think for me Hadji just edges it.

Colonel Mustard

Comparing apples and oranges there - two very different types of player. It is also tough to fairly evaluate Chippo, because he made an excellent start to his City career, but then mysteriously lost all form.

LastGarrison

Hadji for me. Another player who just oozed class.

Chippo did the ground work and was a great player but given the choice I take Hadji all day long.

Always remember Hadji's bit of brilliance against Watford last game when we hadn't won away all season and he controlled a ball and volleyed it almost scoring from a ridiculous angle!!!

deanocity3

Hadji for me. Another player who just oozed class.

Chippo did the ground work and was a great player but given the choice I take Hadji all day long.

Always remember Hadji's bit of brilliance against Watford last game when we hadn't won away all season and he controlled a ball and volleyed it almost scoring from a ridiculous angle!!!

I think that is on media gallery some where

NottsCov

Chippo for me, absolutely loved him. I remember Everton away with the inflatable sheep being chucked around the SBA....."Sheeepo!"

junglej13

I am slightly playing Devils Advocate - because both players at times were superb and these days seem a million miles away from where we are now... but the year we were relegated Hadji was pretty dire and the main target for the boo boys for his lack of commitment. As for Chippo being too good for us in the Championship - He was absolutely horrific by the time he left and found that league too physical. He was no great loss when he left. Generally I was always think people have a slightly rose tinted view of the Moroccans - At Highfield Road they were class and in the 'entertainers' team but away from home when we didn't win for the full season you'd have struggled to see a half decent performance from either of them - especially Hadji.

LastGarrison

Also, remember Hadji's free kick at Highbury when we lost 2-1. A peach of a free kick.

Marcus Hall rattled the bar in injury time with a rasper and we just lost 2-1.

We got stranded in Milton Keynes as that was as far as the last train would take us. We may or may not have consumed a few ales by this point.

procdoc

I loved Hadji and Chippo. That was my favourite ever season as a season ticket holder. Dare I say that if we had a better manager we would have won a few away and possibly got into Europe with that team.

Users who are viewing this thread