Had a good nights sleep ? (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Our own chairman did say we couldn’t compete in the Championship. Not sure good management and coaching can make up for such a gulf in resources

cc84cov

Have a feeling we will go out and beat Swansea,Kelly has to come back in We have got to start taking better care of the ball and be braver in possession we’re a totally different side with Kelly playing for us we will see that Tuesday.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Exactly. He’s probably out paciest forward and we never use it. If we’re going to be forced long and have no Dublin-esque forward to be a totem to hit it long to we need to be aiming over the top to force teams back and give us room to play.

It does seem odd. He tries to get Godden to play in behind despite not having a great deal of pace, hence he gets offside. Meanwhile Baka has pace to burn and is told to drop deep and win headers because he's 6'4''. If MR wanted someone to drop deep and challenge aerially yesterday he should've played Biamou instead - it's more his natural game.

Reactions: AOM

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Preston's business model is insane. They spunk huge wages on the likes of Nugent who is well past it & can't even get a game yet they don't even have an U23 team because it's "too expensive".
Their top prospect (Thyrys Dolan) walked away for free in the summer & is now a star at their rivals Blackburn.

It's rife. Arsenal were going to sack their mascot (£20k pa) for cost-savings the same day they spent £45m and £220k pw on Partey.

skybluesam66

46 games we will need to win probably 12 and draw 12 to be thereabouts

so probably need to be on around 10 or 11 points from 1st 10 games
which means 6 or 7 points from the next 5 - which looks tough now, but when we beat Swansea, the mood will change

Hobo

Our fixture list to start the season is brutal. If you look at them we have tough fixtures right up to December 5th at which point it lets up a bit. To be honest, I'm not sure we could've had a more difficult start.

That said, the last 2 games we really haven't played well. We do need to step it up a bit. We looked scared, and if we play like that we will lose.

That is playing in a higher league for you. Then after those hard games, if you get roughed up, the easier games can seem a taller order!!!

We are back at a good level - just enjoy it folks - success never comes cheap.

Speedies_Chips

It does seem odd. He tries to get Godden to play in behind despite not having a great deal of pace, hence he gets offside. Meanwhile Baka has pace to burn and is told to drop deep and win headers because he's 6'4''. If MR wanted someone to drop deep and challenge aerially yesterday he should've played Biamou instead - it's more his natural game.
Baka hasn’t got pace. It’s a myth.

Greggs

Fast over a hundred yards, but the reactions of a stoned sloth

covboy1987

I remember being on here before the season started. Reading the VAST majority of posts saying that staying in this league would be a great achievement this season.
We were all geared up for lots of defeats against the “ better “ sides, and to compete against what we considered the weaker sides.
We even had a good laugh about how Facebook would be in meltdown by now.
Didn’t last long did it. We were well beaten yesterday, we came into it a bit at the end because they took their foot off the gas. They were bigger,stronger and faster,just like Bournemouth were.
We are 5 games in to what will be a long season. 5 kin games,let’s calm down.
We WILL get better and more streetwise.Some have got Robins sacked already ffs.
Lets start to worry if we are bottom at Christmas, and we can sh** ourselves if we are still there at Easter.
I would be worried if we were not creating chances - Brentford game McFadzean should have buried that open goal chance before half time and Godden was unlucky and another day the ball off the bar would have gone over the line - Brentford had 5 shots on target the same as Cov - same story with Bristol city away not putting the chances away or plain unlucky two shots cleared off the line - the only game we were outplayed was Bournmouth - Bit of luck our way and the tide will turn

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I would be worried if we were not creating chances - Brentford game McFadzean should have buried that open goal chance before half time and Godden was unlucky and another day the ball off the bar would have gone over the line - Brentford had 5 shots on target the same as Cov - same story with Bristol city away not putting the chances away or plain unlucky two shots cleared off the line - the only game we were outplayed was Bournmouth - Bit of luck our way and the tide will turn

I still think Brentford took their foot of the gas knowing there were midweek games and could've gone up a couple of gears had they needed to.

SlowerThanPlatt

How many shots were of ‘value’ though? I remember Godden having a few shots from 20 yards out which just rolled to their goalkeeper

We could have had 2 or 3 but they could have easily had 6 or 7

Nick

Administrator

Wasn't it Rose who missed?

Godden had the chance off the bar but that's about it.

To say Brentford didn't outplay us is baffling.

fernandopartridge

Wasn't it Rose who missed?

Godden had the chance off the bar but that's about it.

To say Brentford didn't outplay us is baffling.

Godden had another shot from 12-15 yards, straight at the keeper.

For all the froth on here Brentford didn't exactly make a string of chances.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why weren't these chances shown on the highlights? It just seems a bit weird but the only real chance they showed was the one I saw on about 27 minutes, the shot from the corner.

Before that they had the lad put in one on one but McF got the last ditch tackle in. Unless it was after?

Johhny Blue

We would have beaten Brentford if they hadn't scored two goals and they started with 8 men

Users who are viewing this thread