Gyokores (4 Viewers)

ms639

Absolutely woeful player. That 2 on 1 with max was the epitome of what he is. Although Max couldn’t have made a worse run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stay_up_skyblues

We had no budget left we done most of it on James as sheaf isn’t fancied we needed to replace Kelly else we could of got better in

giphy.gif

SBAndy

Problem is Biamou was on the right hand side in space, but Gyorkeres drove at him rather than central which made Biamou want to run across him to give him space to run into. 2 poor runs but was more caused by Gyorkeres.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

All because he’s absolutely terrified of using his left foot.

pusbccfc

I just don't quite understand what he offers. At least with Max you know that despite having little ability, he'll give 100% and cause some issues with his physical presence and hold up play. Gyökeres is slow, touch is poor, movement is poor and wins very little in the air.

Like others have said, it's come to a time where you'd consider Bakayoko instead off the bench.

fatso

He's very poor, thank fuck he's only a loan, Baka and Biamou arnt good enough at this level, and should be moved on at the end of the season. I think Kastaneer, Hilsner, Allen and Jobello should all be moved on if possible too, so that would mean 6 strikers / attacking midfielders places available for MR to fill, which should make for some interesting times after the season has finished.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Worst striker I've seen since Nick Proschwitz.

Discuss
I was trying to remember what the strikers name was who he reminded me of and it was Proschwitz haha.

Yes, at this stage he does look miles off championship quality as do 4 or 5 at least of the squad today. If we stay up a big upheaval of the squad is needed.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

He's very poor, thank fuck he's only a loan, Baka and Biamou arnt good enough at this level, and should be moved on at the end of the season. I think Kastaneer, Hilsner, Allen and Jobello should all be moved on if possible too, so that would mean 6 strikers / attacking midfielders places available for MR to fill, which should make for some interesting times after the season has finished.

Add Shipley, Pask and Hyam to that list.

Frostie

Just watched the mix up with Biamou again... On second viewing, it's all on Max.

Below image probably doesn't do it justice but Gyökeres carries it waiting for the defender to be on him ready to then just roll it into Max for a free run at goal.

Wtf is Max thinking running across him from here?

Screenshot_20210227-194137~2.png

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Pask hasn't played a single game for us in his preferred position

Which is CB right? A position we look incredibly shaky at over various points of this season, have a feeling if he was good enough Robins would have seen it in training by now and would be having game time there?

skyblu3sk

I don't think I have seen him do anything in any match that has stood out. Even Max has managed that. Not looking for him to bag an amazing goal... just do something.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Also I would say he’s our quickest CB

Yes he is unquestionably, however that isn't the greatest achievement with our other options.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I actually thought he looked good today when he came on. If we stay up, he probably needs to move on for his own sake, to get a full season under his belt somewhere and gain some consistency.

Completely agree will make a good CB/ RB for a league 1 side next season, has the potential to play in the Championship in a few years time. But here ans now I'm not certain.

stupot07

Just watched the mix up with Biamou again... On second viewing, it's all on Max.

Below image probably doesn't do it justice but Gyökeres carries it waiting for the defender to be on him ready to then just roll it into Max for a free run at goal.

View attachment 18906
To me, watching it back its all Gyorkeres.

Picture 1) Gyorkeres is driving towards the right handside of the box (white arrow). He is running directly into Biamou's space.

Picture 2) if Biamou had stayed on the right he and Gyorkeres would have been in the same space ( gold arrow)

Picture 3), given Gyorkeres is driving wide into his space, Biamou is looking to move away from the space that Gyorkeres is driving into and get in the box (purple arrow)

Picture 4) if Gyorkeres had attacked the space and gone central (red arrow), Biamou can keep wide giving the option for rolling it across the goal (white arrow) or shooting himself.

Its cause and effect. Poor decision by Gyorkeres, means Biamou has to move out the space, and it was a poor run. I can only put it down to Gyorkeres had it in his mind he wanted to get it on his right foot so he could have a shot.

51ee0ec6961fa1814877d0c33482b991.jpg
6d5539a52e8b569bfa0acc5d37343d63.jpg
54bbbd96a62a26f46958ee6a6da7cc51.jpg
d81f3d19507ba4f4263f4ff290b65bcf.jpg

Great_Expectations

He was poor today, but I wouldn’t write him off completely. After a shaky start he looked decent technically but seems to have gone backwards the last few games.

Re Pask, I also wouldn’t write him off, the majority of his appearances have been out of position, and at wing back for that matter. Extreme example, but imagine McFadzean, also a CB, playing there.

I get the frustration but let’s not go full write off just yet.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Yep, but I was only looking at attacking players tbf, but you could certainly add those 3 plus Mason. In fact we need a wjole new team!

🤣🤣

Think one of the goalkeepers will be let go also, your right thats nearly a full 11 there haha.

D

Deleted member 11652

View attachment 18906

Wow that’s awful from him. Made Gyo look a clown. It’s for that reason I’d have left walker on

Frostie

Picture 1) Gyorkeres is driving towards the right handside of the box (white arrow). He is running directly into Biamou's space.

Picture 2) if Biamou had stayed on the right he and Gyorkeres would have been in the same space ( gold arrow)

Picture 3), given Gyorkeres is driving wide into his space, Biamou is looking to move away from the space that Gyorkeres is driving into and get in the box (purple arrow)

Picture 4) if Gyorkeres had attacked the space and gone central (red arrow), Biamou can keep wide giving the option for rolling it across the goal (white arrow) or shooting himself.

Its cause and effect. Poor decision by Gyorkeres, means Biamou has to move out the space, and it was a poor run. I can only put it down to Gyorkeres had it in his mind he wanted to get it on his right foot so he could have a shot.

Disagree. He can't simply go central as he would just dribble it straight into the covering defender to nick it off him. Given that the defender is on his left shoulder he has to carry it right. Biamou just has to hold his run next to him. Gyökeres is never scoring from there, the defender is right on top of him, perhaps Max misread that fact.

cc84cov

Disagree. He can't simply go central as he would just dribble it straight into the covering defender to nick it off him. Given that the defender is on his left shoulder he has to carry it right. Biamou just has to hold his run next to him. Gyökeres is never scoring from there, the defender is right on top of him, perhaps Max misread that fact.
Max has tried to take the defender away it’s just the wrong choice

Esoterica

Hello All. I very sad by these comments. I fully committed to playing for Coventry City and promise I trying my best when I given the chance. I have been back and forth a lot during career and I doing my best to help the team and want to settle in and start to scoring goals. I been struggling with a back injury that has affecting my speed and also the pitches we have to play on are not been good for shooting or passing. I sorry for my performances have upset you. Lots of matches left to prove #PUSB #VK_GY
Mate he's Swedish not Borat. His English is better than yours really is.

stupot07

We'll have to agree to disagree, his initial run should be driving Central or to the space on the left. He has run straight into Biamous space. He is driving right to try and go past his man and so he can get a shot off as he gets to the 18 yard box. you may say Gyorkeres is never going to score from there, thats different to saying he is never going to shoot from there. For me, he gets the ball and starts driving, he has 1 thing in his mind.

2 poor runs.

Evo1883

I used to play striker, picture 3 is where I would have gone, run behind the back of him into that 300 yards of space looking for a reverse pass whilst putting the defender at odds and sods and not knowing who to follow

Users who are viewing this thread