Gyokores better than Akpom (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Akpom is the worst player to ever play for Coventry. The performance at Brentford when Pressley nearly swung for him was a disgrace.

Fair play to him turning it around but Vik is a far, far superior player to him. Akpom may be a better finisher but Vik is the complete package.

procdoc

Akpom is the worst player to ever play for Coventry. The performance at Brentford when Pressley nearly swung for him was a disgrace.

Fair play to him turning it around but Vik is a far, far superior player to him. Akpom may be a better finisher but Vik is the complete package.
Akpom is having a one off good season. Never rated him previously

torchomatic

Akpom was rubbish here. I think this season he's doing a McNulty. He'll never match it again.

Gyokeres will only get better.

Grendel

You never saw Andy Spring did you?

fatso

Akpom was rubbish here. I think this season he's doing a McNulty. He'll never match it again.

Gyokeres will only get better.
He was just a kid when he was sent to us on loan (7 years ago) by all accounts he didn't want to be here, and that certainly showed in his performances.

Gyokeres went to Swansea on loan and also failed to impress.
Mark Mcnulty failed to impress every fuckin where apart from half a season here.

I think the point is, players need to find a team that plays to their strengths, where they feel settled and where the manager believes in them.

Terry_dactyl

A quick check of wiki (I know) suggests that he was very good for PAOK and that ‘boro paid £2.75mil for him.
Probably better than many seem to think.

Having said that, I think Vik is the best player in this league. I’d love to see him playing for us in the Prem.

Frostie

Of course Warnock cited signing Akpom for Middlesbrough as one of his biggest transfer failings & railed against the Boro recruitment team saying that it was proof that the new methods of data & video scouting don't work...

dinosaur GIF

Grendel

Of course Warnock cited signing Akpom for Middlesbrough as one of his biggest transfer failings & railed against the Boro recruitment team saying that it was proof that the new methods of data & video scouting don't work...

dinosaur GIF

To be fair his career until this season is not even mediocre

Nearly half his goals in his career were in this season

slowpoke

Have to give credit where credits due and he certainly knows where the back of the net is.
Regards Pressley’s verbal attack on Akpom after the Brentford match I spoke to someone not long after who witnessed it who told me it was the most vicious personal attack in a dressing room he had ever seen and was not well thought of by the then squad, remember he was just 17.

Frostie

To be fair his career until this season is not even mediocre

Nearly half his goals in his career were in this season
He was excellent at PAOK. The fact is Middlesbrough's recruitment team identified him as someone who, used correctly, could be an asset & they were right once a proper manager came in & played to his strengths.

larry_david

He was always supposed to be a star in the making for arsenal. I remember when we signed him I was delighted but obviously the timing wasn't right and these kids go out on loan to test their attitude as well as ability.

As for gyokeres vs akpom in the golden boot, got a fair few bets on our lad at 25-1 so I wouldn't mind akpom out with an injury for a few months at this point. Thr fact he takes pens and vik missed his last one and is now off them doesn't bode well for me.

Still, long way to go!

SBAndy

He was excellent at PAOK. The fact is Middlesbrough's recruitment team identified him as someone who, used correctly, could be an asset & they were right once a proper manager came in & played to his strengths.

Why did it not work under Wilder then? Genuinely curious. Seems only Carrick has got a tune out of him at Boro.

Frostie

Why did it not work under Wilder then? Genuinely curious. Seems only Carrick has got a tune out of him at Boro.
Wilder did start the transformation with him in fairness, bringing him back into the fold & helping him get mentally/physically where he should be. Carrick (and staff) helped him get to another level by playing to his strengths & doing a lot of work off the field with him too.

covboy9

Vik is better end of

akpom just a finisher who plays in a better team, doubt he’s got any assists

akpom is a striker only vik is a completely different player

Kieranp96

Let’s be honest it’s the teams they’re in, Middlesbrough are twice the overall team we’re they create more play more and have many more shooting chances, put vik in their team in current form he would be scoring 2 every game.

Grendel

Let’s be honest it’s the teams they’re in, Middlesbrough are twice the overall team we’re they create more play more and have many more shooting chances, put vik in their team in current form he would be scoring 2 every game.

Gyokeres has missed as many as he’s scored in fairness - he’s finishing isn’t his main attribute

Frostie

Vik is better end of

akpom just a finisher who plays in a better team, doubt he’s got any assists

akpom is a striker only vik is a completely different player
Akpom is far more than just a finisher & doesn't even play as a striker anymore.
Both excellent players but you're right very, very different.

Grendel

dinosaur GIF

Looks like dinosaurs are roaming the earth again tonight

Greggs

If Vic is worth 20 millon, Stoke's number 9 must be worth 50

Greggs

Jesus christ I'm sure scouts and clubs only go on one game when they figure out if a player is worth buying 🤣🤣.
well all the scouts should be after a 43 year old Jagielka, because he made Vic look very very average

Users who are viewing this thread