Gyokeres (6 Viewers)

skyblue025

Has there been any evidence that Brighton will get a cut and how much it is or is it just rumours started by a Brighton fans on twitter?

Kilclines curly mullet

Has there been any evidence that Brighton will get a cut and how much it is or is it just rumours started by a Brighton fans on twitter?
The only people that 100% know are within the clubs / player and agent.

Although just a supporter, in my opinion it’s clear that Brighton will be due a cut as most clubs insert a sell on clause these days, especially for young players who are decent prospects.

Again I know nothing but gut feel would be between 10% and 20 % of profit

So we pay £1 million and sell for £20 million, a cut of £19 million would be due meaning anywhere between £1.9 - £3.8 million.

We would also insert a sell on clause to whoever buys Gykores.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Although just a supporter, in my opinion it’s clear that Brighton will be due a cut as most clubs insert a sell on clause these days, especially for young players who are decent prospects.

So we pay £1 million and sell for £20 million, a cut of £19 million would be due meaning anywhere between £1.9 - £3.8 million.

I want to sell Gyokeres to Sporting, if like I think he will - he’ll be good out there, one of the big premier league teams will be in for him. From sporting he’ll be costing 50-60m - would be good to pick up say 17m and 20% sell on fee

skyblueelephant76

I work with a Brighton fan who has links to the club he is convinced they have a 30% sell on.

Mucca Mad Boys

Makes sense as to why we want such a high price, but has there ever been a 30% sell on clause? Seems massively high

I remember when we signed Blair Adams in L1 in MR’s first spell it was rumoured to be a 45% sell-on fee.

Considering we allegedly paid close to £1m for Gyokeres, I hope we wouldn’t give up 30% of the next fee. 30% of any profit would be more realistic which is worrying for us because we’re going to make a massive profit on Gyokeres.

SleepyGinger

Difficult situation, he’s not going to sign a deal so we have to sell and other clubs will know this. Do we take a lesser offer now (say £15m) or do we wait until other teams panic. It’s a game of chess.

Saddlebrains

Difficult situation, he’s not going to sign a deal so we have to sell and other clubs will know this. Do we take a lesser offer now (say £15m) or do we wait until other teams panic. It’s a game of chess.

Either way we would want him gone for 3rd July no? First day of pre season I would assume (judging by past years) you would surely at that point be looking to add new signings not wondering whether or not your biggest financial asset will be staying or seeing out his contract

shmmeee

Is £15m enough? £4.5m to Bristol, need money for the club, maybe £5m to improve the team and replace Vik? Seems not to me. £20m is likely to leave closer to £10m. The point where it’s worth us losing him on a free might be a bit higher than you’d think.

SleepyGinger

Either way we would want him gone for 3rd July no? First day of pre season I would assume (judging by past years) you would surely at that point be looking to add new signings not wondering whether or not your biggest financial asset will be staying or seeing out his contract
I agree but what if there’s no offers? Do we actively offer him to teams?

Saddlebrains

I agree but what if there’s no offers? Do we actively offer him to teams?

I think there is a point where we would have to yea. However shit it is to say it. We need a rebuild and we need to do that rebuild around Hamer, Sheaf and ( a hopefully fit) O'Hare.

if we could get anything 15 Mill plus i feel we have to take it

worc0257

And if we turn down an offer as too low from a club Vik wants to go to, we have a sulky, disgruntled player on our hands. (And all of this applies to Hamer just as much as Vik.) I think we struggle next season.

Mucca Mad Boys

And if we turn down an offer as too low from a club Vik wants to go to, we have a sulky, disgruntled player on our hands. (And all of this applies to Hamer just as much as Vik.) I think we struggle next season.

Gyokeres won’t be that fussed. The absolute worst case scenario for him is that he has to spend one more season here before walking to whoever he wants next summer.

Robins was optimistic about this transfer window before we even made the playoffs. He knows the score.

If Sporting Lisbon are seemingly willing to break their transfer record to sign him, I’m optimistic one of the Prem teams in need of a striker will outbid them.

skyblu3sk

Is £15m enough? £4.5m to Bristol, need money for the club, maybe £5m to improve the team and replace Vik? Seems not to me. £20m is likely to leave closer to £10m. The point where it’s worth us losing him on a free might be a bit higher than you’d think.
This is what I was saying yesterday at 30% the fee would need to be really high to tempt me. Especially if I thought the prem was a possible target next season.

PVA

Didn’t Brighton somewhat rate him though? It could be why we got him for 1m

Yes I would imagine they put in a high sell on clause.

They aren't stupid there and obviously identified him as a talented player when signing him so I'd have thought they'd have put a decent clause in there when letting him go.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Love to sell to Everton and take Ellis Sims as part of player plus cash, if not nothing less than 20 million as there is a sell on clause. Sporting have started the merry go round so we need to cash in, what would be interesting would be if Doug offered him a 25 k a week contract so its Premier league wages to test his metal.

Skybluedownunder

Do you mean Brighton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skybluedownunder

Love to sell to Everton and take Ellis Sims as part of player plus cash, if not nothing less than 20 million as there is a sell on clause. Sporting have started the merry go round so we need to cash in, what would be interesting would be if Doug offered him a 25 k a week contract so its Premier league wages to test his metal.

Imagine if Everton go for Weghorst instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KenilworthSkyBlue

I doubt there will be £10m left at all. There's operational/infrastructure costs to account for and unless I've missed something the club still owe over £2m to the EFL which I doubt DK will happily bridge himself.

Users who are viewing this thread