Gyokeres (14 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

Sporting CP is interested in hiring Viktor Gyokeres. The 25-year-old Swedish spearhead belongs to the Coventry City cadres.

Sporting CP presented a first proposal by Viktor Gyokeres. Coventry's spearhead is desired by the lions, who will have offered 12 million euros, plus three in bonuses, according to the Record newspaper. The same source states that the English Championship club will have asked for 20 million euros to free the athlete.

Viktor Gyokeres was the second best scorer of the last edition of the Championship with 21 goals, having made a total of 22 and 12 assists in 50 games for the English club. Coventry was at the gates of the Premier League, but lost in the playoff final, on penalties, to Luton Town.

AFCCOVENTRY

Also if we’re clever we should rinse Sporting for as much as we can. Their star player is moving on for £50m+.

Chelsea pull out of Manuel Ugarte race after PSG's last-ditch transfer bid​

Chelsea and PSG triggered the £52m clause in Ugarte’s contract, the player was keen on a switch to Stamford Bridge but PSG dramatically increased their offer to $60m

PVA

Not bad as opening bids go. Feels like we can definitely aim for £20m (maybe more) if that's the first offer from anyone.

robbiekeane

Hes never going to sporting is he its agent work. He’ll end up at a premier league club and we will have 15m-20m in our pocket

bigfatronssba

Hes never going to sporting is he its agent work. He’ll end up at a premier league club and we will have 15m-20m in our pocket

And the slimy agent will pocket £1m for pretty much nothing.

I’m reminded of Brian Clough. “In the 70s the only agent was 007, and he only shagged women, not entire football clubs” 😂

rexo87

Maybe Sporting have made an offer but if they have or haven't it will be being used to hurry others into making bids

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Maybe Sporting have made an offer but if they have or haven't it will be being used to hurry others into making bids

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

There are plenty of news outlets reporting of this offer and as you say, he’s going to be in demand. Lots of big European transfers happening which means cash will be floating about very soon. Apparently Lyon and Eintracht Frankfurt are also interested in him.

Mucca Mad Boys

There are plenty of news outlets reporting of this offer and as you say, he’s going to be in demand. Lots of big European transfers happening which means cash will be floating about very soon. Apparently Lyon and Eintracht Frankfurt are also interested in him.
Optimistically, the European teams will come in and hit a benchmark figure the Premier league teams will beat. Say £15m to start before the financial clout of the Premier teams compete for his signature.

Again, if there's multiple suitors for him, it bodes well for us because we can hold out for the highest bidder. Sporting's alleged offer, frankly, is a bad joke.

Robinshio

Optimistically, the European teams will come in and hit a benchmark figure the Premier league teams will beat. Say £15m to start before the financial clout of the Premier teams compete for his signature.

Again, if there's multiple suitors for him, it bodes well for us because we can hold out for the highest bidder. Sporting's alleged offer, frankly, is a bad joke.
sisu would have already banked the cheque

mark82

Watkins didn't have a year left. Price will go up if Prem teams get involved. European teams could speak to him in January for next year.

jim20

His contract situation is the reason why he will go for a lower sum than some expect. Fantasy figures have been bandied about which possibly would apply if he had years left on his contract.
I get that, but I think £18m to £20m is about fair

Peter Billing Eyes

Gyokeres has been linked to at least 6 different teams and Harriott reckons he’s been sold to the first suitor to show their hand within practically a week of our season ending? I can’t see it myself.

ccfc1234

His contract situation is the reason why he will go for a lower sum than some expect. Fantasy figures have been bandied about which possibly would apply if he had years left on his contract.
Harry Kane who turns 30 next year and is also out of contact next season doesn't seem to be offered at a knock down price. I realise the negotiating positions are different however I think we should be resolved not to be seen as a soft touch.

Users who are viewing this thread