Gyokeres switches to 'top' agent (1 Viewer)

Danceswithhorses

Imho, this doesn't appear to be good news, re keeping our star player.
Players generally hire new agents in order to get better contracts or lucrative transfers.
MR has already been quoted as saying that players shouldn't be asking for telephone number salaries, and to be realistic because we haven't got a big money pot.
That MR statement can only really apply to Gyok, Hamer or O'Hare, with Gyok the most likely.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Imho, this doesn't appear to be good news, re keeping our star player.
Players generally hire new agents in order to get better contracts or lucrative transfers.
MR has already been quoted as saying that players shouldn't be asking for telephone number salaries, and to be realistic because we haven't got a big money pot.
That MR statement can only really apply to Gyok, Hamer or O'Hare, with Gyok the most likely.

It's the beginning of the end, bye bye Victor, thanks for the memories.

AOM

If Vik wasn't going to sign a contract extension by the summer, we'd probably have to sell anyway.
Hopefully the club can at least get a good deal in return

Skybluedownunder

With how much stories are in the press about him at the moment, it feels planned, just keep saying clubs are linked with him to drive the price up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Always strikes me as bizarre it’s not really hard to represent a superstar like him. The difficult task is finding a club for players like bigirimana or bright

Grendel

Always strikes me as bizarre it’s not really hard to represent a superstar like him. The difficult task is finding a club for players like bigirimana or bright

He's not actually a superstar he is not proven at Premier Level and the Agent will be trying to secure a great deal for him, his client and make sure they benefit more than the selling club

torchomatic

Superstar? Mmm... Who's to say he'll be good enough for the Premiership? He is probably the best striker I have ever seen at this club for all-round ability, but he misses a shed load of chances, which "top strikers" usually put away. Be interesting to see where he ends up next season. If it's a lower PL team, then there's always the danger he'll end up back in the same division as us. He'll jsut earn a shit load more money, I guess. Compensations.

coop

If we can get a good price then great got marked out the game Saturday by a 38 year old.So I think he will struggle in any premiership team TBO.If i was MR I would already be looking for his replacement as the ones we have are just not upto championship standard.

tisza

We paid around a 1m for him and eyebrows were raised considering his previous goal scoring record. We aren't able to meet his salary value whether it be from a PL or overseas club. So hope he goes to a PLclub as that's the max value for a transfer fee compared to other European leagues. Can't complain he's given us a couple of great seasons and kept us in the Championship.

steve cooper

Could be any number of reasons he wanted to change, I think the idea of him running his contract down until the end of next season is doubtful though.

Evo1883

If we can get a good price then great got marked out the game Saturday by a 38 year old.So I think he will struggle in any premiership team TBO.If i was MR I would already be looking for his replacement as the ones we have are just not upto championship standard.
I don't think this is fair .. I reckon he has all the attributes to do well in the prem .. just back from international duty too , post sounds a bit bitter

Ashdown

I think everything points to his departure this Summer . It may be his one big pay day , his age, current reputation……but as others have said…..Is he really going to be as big a star in a division full of stars ? He’s been great for CCFC and CCFC and their supporters have been great for him. If nothing else he owes the club a dignified and early exit at maximum value. That way we will have plenty of time to wisely reinvest.

Terry Gibson's perm

Boddy has told Leeds they can have him for 100k and a pre-season friendly arrangement between the two teams.

With Boddy it would be away and they can keep all the cash, I would hope King has more idea and knows this is a chance to rebuild the squad.

napolimp

It would be a shame to lose Vik, without one more crack at the Championship next season, but if we recruit wisely and bring in 2x forwards who are good enough to start, would we necessarily be in a worse position? We rely so heavily on him to lead the line, and don't really have other options. It would be nice to be able to play 2 competent players upfront.

In fact, if we did bring in those options at the front, recruited some quality wing backs, and retained minimum McNally, I'd be quite excited.

Sick Boy

It would be a shame to lose Vik, without one more crack at the Championship next season, but if we recruit wisely and bring in 2x forwards who are good enough to start, would we necessarily be in a worse position? We rely so heavily on him to lead the line, and don't really have other options. It would be nice to be able to play 2 competent players upfront.

In fact, if we did bring in those options at the front, recruited some quality wing backs, and retained minimum McNally, I'd be quite excited.
We need his transfer to invest across the squad as a whole, it’s how we’ve managed to progress back up the leagues. Granted, it’s a lot harder to do in the Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread