Gus's Yellows (1 Viewer)

jordan210

Gus Is only 1 yellow away from a 1 match ban.

Is it worth him picking up the yellow in the Millwall game. So he misses Peterborough and back for Luton.

After Luton we play Fulham. So would be silly him missing that game.

Obviously he could just go without getting a yellow. But we know what our Gus is like !

rob9872

If he "chooses" which game to get a yellow in, it may end up with a red.

Does anyone choose which game to pick a car up in though anyway?
Probably best to leave it until after the game

rob9872

Blackpool didn't get pummeled by Fulham, just let whatever happens happen!
You're right, it's not a given and no they didn't v Blackpool but Birmingham they did and it's just an opinion. A lot of teams at this level are close, some have much larger budgets like Fulham, WBA &Bournemouth and I expect them all to be up there at the end of the season. They will win most games. Where the teams are close, like Luton or Peterborough, then a key player like Gus could be the difference.

I actually think we're well equipped to deal with teams like Cardiff or Boro who are physical. In years gone by they would have bullied us into submission, but we have a stronger side now and a side that plays football around them. I expect us to struggle more against teams with our style but who do it better - a bit like a low rent version of when Arsenal played Barcelona.

D

Deleted member 2477

Perhaps we could play Rose in midfield rather than bring Kelly or Shipley in. Just like he can play rb

fatso

Is it just a 1 match ban at this early stage in the season?
And I wouldn't want to be without Hamer and Dabo at the same time.

rob9872

Perhaps we could play Rose in midfield rather than bring Kelly or Shipley in. Just like he can play rb
Kane can play there too and will be more match sharp, so perhaps another reason to wait until Dabo returns.

rob9872

Is it just a 1 match ban at this early stage in the season?
It is. Then 2 at 10 games if you've already had a 1 game. Each punishment is +1 like a second red is an auto 4 I think.

slowpoke

Disagree. Think we'll get pummeled by Fulham anyway so have him in the games he can influence. Anything from Fulham is a bonus and we have the excuse ready that our best player is banned.
They didn’t pummel Blackpool

Londonccfcfan

He picked up loads at beggining of last season too. By reigned it in.

What's stupid is that he gets silly bookings for mouthing off to referees! He needs to just keep his gob shut...I'm not even sure he can speak language fluently yet.

But I do love the way he shrugs his shoulders.

rob9872

He picked up loads at beggining of last season too. By reigned it in.

What's stupid is that he gets silly bookings for mouthing off to referees! He needs to just keep his gob shut...I'm not even sure he can speak language fluently yet.

But I do love the way he shrugs his shoulders.
He needs to knwo when to and when not to, but I like the fact we've got a few voices in the refs ear these days - fed up of seeing other teams do it and not us. We now have Gus, Fadz, Waghorn, O'hare and Dabo who all like a word. I suspect Kane does too but not seen it yet. Makes a change from when we only had Doyle.

Sky Blue Harry H

When I saw the headline, I thought it was advice for Gus on how to deal with his washing. Never mix your whites with your colours, my mum used to tell me.

Sky Blue Harry H

The Plimsouls

Had to google that one Rob - you going to Millwall? Also do you know if the l&wccfc group got the away coaches going yet? (I'm housebound until Posh at home - son has Cov-id, but I can't seem to catch it, so far!) Catch up soon mate.

rob9872

Had to google that one Rob - you going to Millwall? Also do you know if the l&wccfc group got the away coaches going yet? (I'm housebound until Posh at home - son has Cov-id, but I can't seem to catch it, so far!) Catch up soon mate.
Nope to Millwall (pussy I know) have done it before though Old & New Den, but Amelia's birthday this weekend and lots of family over so giving it a swerve. Hope Zach is okay and you all avoid it.

L&W not sure. Seems to have dies a death a bit without J&P involvement which is a shame. I'm driving to Luton & Blackburn (have room in the car if you want to go), Preston I'm trying to sort work around but if not will be at home and only on the telly and then Hull I'm on a coach having a good blow out and getting hammered! :)

Speak soon mate.

Users who are viewing this thread