Gus's Yellows (1 Viewer)

hill83

Hamer does all the little bits that don’t get noticed brilliantly. He’s essential in there.
His standout bits from early last season have dropped off which could be going against what a few people think of him now.

SAJ

Gus Is only 1 yellow away from a 1 match ban.

Is it worth him picking up the yellow in the Millwall game. So he misses Peterborough and back for Luton.

After Luton we play Fulham. So would be silly him missing that game.

Obviously he could just go without getting a yellow. But we know what our Gus is like !
Can’t see the point of picking up a needless yellow so you can play other games. It will bring him closer to a 2 match ban once he’s got 10 yellows. Just let it happen when it happens. Kelly will be available by then. Sheaf has played well this season so it’s not as though we haven’t got a ready replacement.

shmmeee

Hamer does all the little bits that don’t get noticed brilliantly. He’s essential in there.
His standout bits from early last season have dropped off which could be going against what a few people think of him now.

This, I also think he’s the most likely to try something that doesn’t work out. There was a ball on Wednesday for Dabo that if it had come off an Dabo had read it would’ve been sublime, but Dabo wasn’t going that way and it just looked shit. And another couple where he tried a quick ball over the top that just didn’t come off. I’d rather he was trying them though cos when they do they’ll split defences.

SleepyGinger

Towards the end of last season hamer had a tendency to pass back to the goalie or centre backs straight away. Every time he gets it this season he looks to pass forward.

NortonSkyBlue

It’s an opinion and yes the centre backs are better. Kelly has been the most important player for years and how is Moore doing? or any of the ones you would have binned off? Sheaf back on the bench....
Hamer is a decent player but his lack of discipline is a liability and I would say that his passes rarely reach their target. I suspect a spell on the bench will be the call once everybody is available.

SleepyGinger

It’s an opinion and yes the centre backs are better. Kelly has been the most important player for years and how is Moore doing? or any of the ones you would have binned off? Sheaf back on the bench....
Hamer is a decent player but his lack of discipline is a liability and I would say that his passes rarely reach their target. I suspect a spell on the bench will be the call once everybody is available.
You would drop hamer for Kelly? We’re 4th in the league won 5 from 7

shmmeee

His pass completion is 75% as a mostly progressive player. Kelly’s was 66% last season playing in front of the back four. This is just nonsense. Hamer is ten times the player Kelly is.

I don’t write any players off, I just say my thoughts as I see them. Didn’t rate Moore in the friendlies, now he’s looking like one of our most solid players. Didn’t rate Waghorn at first, last couple of games he’s looked alright.

Hamer was dreadful second half of last season, first half and this season he’s been one of our best players. Claiming he’s “a million miles” behind Kelly is ludicrous.

skybluesam66

The only thing he needs to bring back is the eye for goal - he is getting to the edge of the box and always looking for the pass - He knows where the goal is - he and others (Dabo/ O Hare) need to have a few more long range shots

Hod dog

you on crack? Hamer doesn't get dropped for anyone! he is first name on team sheet at centre midfield and the others are playing to partner him.

NortonSkyBlue

you on crack? Hamer doesn't get dropped for anyone! he is first name on team sheet at centre midfield and the others are playing to partner him.
i am obviously in a minority but I just don’t think he is crucial to the team. He is a decent player but business critical? no. When he is suspended I believe unless others are injured he will struggle to get back in.
Why would I be on crack for holding an opinion?

Greggs

i am obviously in a minority but I just don’t think he is crucial to the team. He is a decent player but business critical? no. When he is suspended I believe unless others are injured he will struggle to get back in.
Why would I be on crack for holding an opinion?
You do talk shit to be fair. Hamer is like Fleck, but better.

Users who are viewing this thread