Gus Hamer Passing Analysis (1 Viewer)

cc84cov

Break it down for me mate ...is this saying he's basically had a good season despite many of us thinking he's been off the boil

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Break it down for me mate ...is this saying he's basically had a good season despite many of us thinking he's been off the boil

It says he’s got good passing stats, above average for the division and ahead of others in the squad.

It doesn’t go near the other elements of his game, like temperament and defensive work.

clint van damme

Good analysis that.
I think his actual assist rate being low is down to our striker issues.
Would definitely have been better if Walker and Godden had stayed fit.

stay_up_skyblues

His form has dropped right off but he’s not the enforcer/water carrier DM that Kelly is. Neither is James. Both need that player behind them to play their best game. They seem to be sharing that work at the minute which stifles them.

Greggs

Are we the only team who had tired players? Wasn't every team in the same boat? Why is it just our players that suffered from fatigue?

fatso

He's been hampered by having a slow moving lumbering donkey in front of him towing a bloody great banjo.
It must be hard to get assists under such circumstances.

Evo1883

Are we the only team who had tired players? Wasn't every team in the same boat? Why is it just our players that suffered from fatigue?

Well for starters most of our players had longer off before the season started .

But really we only focus on our players , I couldn't tell you wether reading or Preston have players who suffered dips in form could you ?

We also had many injuries at once which stifled any kind of rotation .

wingy

Well for starters most of our players had longer off before the season started .

But really we only focus on our players , I couldn't tell you wether reading or Preston have players who suffered dips in form could you ?

We also had many injuries at once which stifled any kind of rotation .
Maybe Wycombe are the true measure on this as going through the play off process, played later longer and came into form later?

clint van damme

No doubt it took its toll on all the players involved with so many mid week games, but it must have been worse for Hamer given what he was used to.

cc84cov

Especially when so much was made of how fresh we Would of been after the longer lay off I expected our fitness to our run the rest who hadn’t had the extended break

ms639

What it comes down to with Gus is the change of system and how that coincided with his dip in form. Early in the season we were very naive at this level and tried to play the same way as we did in L1 and we got found out time after time. Robins had to change it and did and it required a far more disciplined midfield performance. Gus’ value early season was as a true box to box midfielder giving him free license to do great things defensively and offensively. It’s obvious we had to change the way the midfield operated and that meant more rigidity on a player by player basis. Ultimately this was for the good of the team but to the detriment of Gus.

We’ve got another pre-season ahead and I’m sure MR will be working on getting the most out of Gus. The fact is our most talented CAM (o’hare) is given the free reign roll, we can’t have 2 players doing it, we’ll just get found out as we did early doors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TTG

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think he needs to stop looking for the Hollywood ball quite as much and just play it simple sometimes.

cov donkey kick

A player with real talent ,still only young,not use to the frequency of games all competitive no let up.But his game will improve and hopefully he stays and gets better for us.

Hobo

I think I have posted this before but when Tottenham and Chelsea bring in a foreign player from abroad they expect it to take 18 months for them to settle into the club and country.

Hamer has done well. He is still learning the game and English football.

He is useful with the dead ball, he has a range of passing, he is attack minded, he can score goals, he is good defensively and has some aggression.

He lost a bit of form, so what that happens. This seasons fixtures have been a gruelling schedule. Also as the season went on opponents would have tried to nullify his effectiveness in games.

Aim next year - work on delivering the above qualities more consistently.

Users who are viewing this thread