Guardian article on Gillingham match (1 Viewer)

Mcbean

Well we even got a small story in the Daily telegraph today who i have lambasted as the coverage of the real football stories is generally missing in their total football ( not ) Monday edition - they did have an article on Jimmy Hill mostly about his predicament - the trouble is that publicity means people taking notice and the scouts will be there - looking at some pretty looking footballers playing for a generally underated club who can be tempted away with the promise of higher wages - the loans are open season but the likes of Fleck and JOB are pretty critical to todays success

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

"Coventry live precariously still after the shambles that followed their grandiose move from Highfield Road in 2005. Tony Mowbray is their eighth manager in that time, discounting five interims. None has had two full seasons."

Incorrect - Coleman got 2 full years, and just under half of the season he joined. I know it's trivial, but stuff like this pisses me off. Lazy journalism.

Nick

Administrator
I like this line.

A hat-trick by Jacob Murphy bracketed a header by Ben Turner. Both are on loan.

There is some obsession with our loan players isn't there? Because no other league one teams have any loan players.

hill83

All reads a bit try hard and 70% is a copy and paste Mowbray quote. 5/10

Gint11

The negative part of blogs for me is the apparent need for bloggers to try and impress people with vocabulary. I'd love a blog that went 'cov were the fucking bollocks today'. The end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Mowbray counsels calm while Coventry thrash Gillingham to go top

http://www.theguardian.com/football...entry-city-gillingham-tony-mowbray-league-one

Interesting read.

Not to mention the fulsome report in todays Times newspaper which gushingly reports on our demolition of the league leaders. Lets enjoy it while we can, its been a long time coming! Also I notice our goalie is attracting the premiership scouts and according to the Times report is a £2 million target. Long may it continue

Users who are viewing this thread