Greta Thunberg / Climate Change Summit (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191216_121005_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_20191216_121005_com.whatsapp.jpg
    377 KB · Views: 36

fatso

I just don’t get it, If mankind is responsible for global warming, why are all the other planets in our solar system also warming up, it doesn’t make any sense to me!

Tommo1993

I just don’t get it, If mankind is responsible for global warming, why are all the other planets in our solar system also warming up, it doesn’t make any sense to me!

Shut up Fatso, the worsening state of Neptune is our fault!

Brighton Sky Blue

Genius!

Man burns fossil fuels

Combustion produces CO2

CO2 absorbs heat from Sun

Earth gets hotter

fellatio_Martinez

A bit of a non-story isn't it.

"Our train from Basel was taken out of traffic. So we sat on the floor on 2 different trains. After Göttingen I got a seat.This is no problem of course and I never said it was. Overcrowded trains is a great sign because it means the demand for train travel is high!"

She only wrote that after the German railway company called her out after she posted a tweet about having to sit on the floor of an over crowded train. Not mentioning that she was in first class for part of the trip.

This was a clear attention grab for poor old Greta. Corbyn did the same thing a few years ago on Virgin trains.

I'm glad she's having the time of her life travelling the world and being on the front cover of Time Magazine but her whole pompous poor me act is wearing very thin.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes more needs to be done. But it should be aimed more at China and similar than those less polluting. That is where the difference would be made. China has started to make a difference but it could be done much quicker in some areas.

Only way that's going to happen if for other countries (like us) to take the plunge and use more environmentally friendly/sustainable energy sources etc and, most crucially, show it to be cheaper (or same cost) as traditional fossil fuels. This would increase the growth potential of the renewables industry and thus make it more attractive financially, which is what will ultimately lead to the change happening. You can have as many climate summits etc as you want, but unless someone can make a decent wedge from it nothing with change.

Trouble is we've got large western economies like ours and the US taking funding out of renewables and back into harmful industries because of the power and influence they enjoy.

ccfc92

She only wrote that after the German railway company called her out after she posted a tweet about having to sit on the floor of an over crowded train. Not mentioning that this was in first class for part of the trip.

This was a clear attention grab for poor old Greta. Corbyn did the same thing a few years ago on Virgin trains.

I'm glad she's having the time of her life travelling the world and being on the front cover of Time Magazine but her whole pompous poor me act is wearing very thin.

It seemed a very contrived picture, almost photo-shoot like. Not exactly a quick selfie when you're knackered from travelling...

SkyblueBazza

It seemed a very contrived picture, almost photo-shoot like. Not exactly a quick selfie when you're knackered from travelling...
I agree - but then again I fail to see how other than the old 'any publicity...' thing, cannot fathom what purpose it was supposed to serve from a climate change perspective?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

She only wrote that after the German railway company called her out after she posted a tweet about having to sit on the floor of an over crowded train. Not mentioning that she was in first class for part of the trip.

She has Asperger's.

And yes, I am sure she had the time of her life crossing the Atlantic for three weeks in a catamaran.

Plain sailing obviously.

greys4life

Imagine if Trump did something similar? Would he get the benefit of the doubt? He'd be called a calculated liar and rightly so.

You are actually comparing this young person to Trump?

That and the fact you call her pompous says a lot more about you than it does about her.

fellatio_Martinez

You are actually comparing this young person to Trump?

That and the fact you call her pompous says a lot more about you than it does about her.

No you fuckwit. I compared the hypothetical reaction if Trump did the same thing she did.

Please try to comprehend things before rushing in waving your knickers around.

Gazolba

Nothing can replace fossil fuels except nuclear.
There is no other form of energy that can meet the demand that exists.
All other forms of energy combined can probably only replace 5% of our needs.
If we reduced the planets population by 95%, they might suffice.

Otis

Nothing can replace fossil fuels except nuclear.
There is no other form of energy that can meet the demand that exists.
All other forms of energy combined can probably only replace 5% of our needs.
If we reduced the planets population by 95%, they might suffice.
And they said they would never land a man on the moon.

You need to look forwards, Gazbola. Technological advances happen at such a fast pace these days.

Just because we cannot meet the need right now, that doesn't mean that situation is going to remain frozen in time. 10 or 15 years is usually a huge leap in advances.

fatso

Genius!

Man burns fossil fuels

Combustion produces CO2

CO2 absorbs heat from Sun

Earth gets hotter
But surely all that CO2 will just escape through the hole in the Ozone layer!
Do you remember that from the 80’s ? The hole that meant we were all going to die of skin cancer because all the experts told us so!

chiefdave

Do you remember that from the 80’s ? The hole that meant we were all going to die of skin cancer because all the experts told us so!
You mean where we identified an issue, then worked on a solution, implemented the solution and are now seeing the results?
NASA said:
Thirty-two years ago, the international community signed the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer. This agreement regulated the consumption and production of ozone-depleting compounds. Atmospheric levels of man-made ozone depleting substances increased up to the year 2000. Since then, they have slowly declined but remain high enough to produce significant ozone loss. The ozone hole over Antarctica is expected to gradually become less severe as chlorofluorocarbons— banned chlorine-containing synthetic compounds that were once frequently used as coolants—continue to decline. Scientists expect the Antarctic ozone to recover back to the 1980 level around 2070.

Brighton Sky Blue

That hole caused some problems over Australia, but thanks to heavy restrictions on CFCs it's slowly repairing. CO2 levels and the ozone layer aren't related though.

Kind of embarrassing when there's plenty of schoolchildren who have a better comprehension of these issues than you

fatso

That hole caused some problems over Australia, but thanks to heavy restrictions on CFCs it's slowly repairing. CO2 levels and the ozone layer aren't related though.

Kind of embarrassing when there's plenty of schoolchildren who have a better comprehension of these issues than you
I’m actually well aware of that, I’m just loving the fact people are thinking if they change their deodorant can propellant, or change to electric vehicles that they will reverse or slow down global warming. It’s an inevitable fact of nature, it’s going to happen, it ain’t going to change.

skybluetony176

I’m actually well aware of that, I’m just loving the fact people are thinking if they change their deodorant can propellant, or change to electric vehicles that they will reverse or slow down global warming. It’s an inevitable fact of nature, it’s going to happen, it ain’t going to change.
You do know that the world isn’t flat don’t you?

fatso

You do know that the world isn’t flat don’t you?
I do thank you, I do wonder if you really know why the last 2 decades have been the hottest on record, (although the planet has actually been far hotter, over many periods in its past) and why reducing your carbon footprint is actually pointless.

Brighton Sky Blue

I’m guessing you won’t be living much longer to see the consequences of that attitude

skybluetony176

I do thank you, I do wonder if you really know why the last 2 decades have been the hottest on record, (although the planet has actually been far hotter, over many periods in its past) and why reducing your carbon footprint is actually pointless.
Just checking as you seem to have some very antiquated ideas. Yes the planet has been far hotter over the years and it’s always been natural. As sure as the world isn’t flat this time around global warming is man made. It’s not even debatable, it’s absolutely a fact.

Users who are viewing this thread