Greta Thunberg / Climate Change Summit (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Huge twitter/news coverage and a beef with Trump to raise awareness of climate change.

However, how has her childhood been ruined?

clint van damme

Love that red faced middle aged men can get so wound up by a young slip of a girl, it's hilarious.
Personally, think we're past the point of being able to do anything about the impending climate issues we're facing but if people want to try good luck to them.

Brighton Sky Blue

She's a front for an adult organisation. Her speech is that of an adult, they do it so she can not be challenged in the same way as an adult it's quite clever. By the same token it's also sinister that they would use a child to hind behind to force a world view without supplying the evidence she always talks of.

What exactly is it you have doubts over?

skybluetony176

She’s clearly a communist who’s real play is to kill our children. Same for vegans. Long live capitalist AKA the world police.

pastythegreat

She’s clearly a communist who’s real play is to kill our children. Same for vegans. Long live capitalist AKA the world police.
AKA Team America: World Police.
f3534b1e2495c02ca052c16b1b368c0d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueCharlie9

Fair play to Greta. She cares as do many other kids care passionately and really worry about the future of our planet and nature not sure enough of our politicians do. My 13yo daughter gets very emotional about it and lectures me all the time. Who in their right mind gives a flying f*** if someone is advising Greta behind the scenes. Right wing loony press eating themselves up in anger over a child with a different view to them! Pretty shocking really. Perhaps time for climate change to be fixed into the school curriculum as a dedicated subject rather than perhaps Religious Studies... ? It's very true we should ALL be thinking about changing our lifestyles dramatically now...and before anyone asks (yes I have been on a bit of climate change training this week )
With house prices, tuition fees, job insecurities, and Brexit fuckwits I worry a bit over what future my kids will have, (albeit only slightly more than City's promotion bid )

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Agree with everything apart from losing RE. Schools are covering this but more needs to be done. In this country, all the time spent on Brexit is a real distraction from something that is far more important.

Pretty much echoes my thoughts. I'm not a religionist at all and feel it's more power hungry and greedy people playing on others greatest fear with full knowledge they'll never have to provide a scrap of evidence that what they say is true.

But while religion exists there needs to be an understanding of the differences and cultures involved to prevent further bloodshed and wars over the subject, hence the need for RE to enable tolerance.

eastwoodsdustman

She's just a puppet, I bet there is someone making a lot of money out of her, and whoever it is should be ashamed of themselves.

That'll be mummy and daddy. Apparently they're in bed with a green energy supplier or something similar in Sweden and are using her to push their agenda and doing nicely from it.

Irish Sky Blue

I’m amazed that so many people seem to be denying this. It’s a daily occurrence that some scientist or another is on the radio with more evidence of what is happening. This is all just a giant conspiracy for what end? I was listening to a union leader today saying that any change in Labour Party policy with regard to having a carbon neutral economy must still guarantee the jobs of his members in carbon heavy industries. If we don’t make a radical change to the way we live, it won’t be just jobs that his members are worrying about.I think we need to take our head out of the sand and see what is happening to the world. The whether patterns in our own country should be telling us that something is going on.
My son has started going out with a girl who comes from Kuwait. She was saying that temperatures of 50 degrees are now fairly common there, something they only saw on rare occasions before.

Astute

I’m amazed that so many people seem to be denying this. It’s a daily occurrence that some scientist or another is on the radio with more evidence of what is happening. This is all just a giant conspiracy for what end? I was listening to a union leader today saying that any change in Labour Party policy with regard to having a carbon neutral economy must still guarantee the jobs of his members in carbon heavy industries. If we don’t make a radical change to the way we live, it won’t be just jobs that his members are worrying about.I think we need to take our head out of the sand and see what is happening to the world. The whether patterns in our own country should be telling us that something is going on.
My son has started going out with a girl who comes from Kuwait. She was saying that temperatures of 50 degrees are now fairly common there, something they only saw on rare occasions before.
It isn't as simple as you make out though. There are things we can change but others we can't.

Climate myths: It's been far warmer in the past, what's the big deal?

Otis

I say fair play to her and I admire her greatly for what she is doing. I am sure many kids find her an inspiration.

And as for her childhood being ruined, she is talking about her education, which had had to take a bit of a sideline, because this stuff has now taken over her life and she is constantly in the spotlight.

shmmeee

skybluetony176

It isn't as simple as you make out though. There are things we can change but others we can't.

Climate myths: It's been far warmer in the past, what's the big deal?

Trotting our the usual nonsense. Aside from the fact that the article is over a decade out of date the reason it’s nonsense is because it’s been proven beyond doubt (you would think) since then although the climate has changed numerous times in the past this is the first time that it’s man made. That’s the difference.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree with her message, and think we should be doing a lot more to preserve the planet and using renewable energy. Something doesn't sit right with her though, looks completely dead behind her eyes and looks fake as hell with her 'stern' looks and crocodile tears.

She’s autistic dude

Brighton Sky Blue

Trotting our the usual nonsense. Aside from the fact that the article is over a decade out of date the reason it’s nonsense is because it’s been proven beyond doubt (you would think) since then although the climate has changed numerous times in the past this is the first time that it’s man made. That’s the difference.

Give credit to Astute he probably had to go into the 10th page of Google to pluck it out

clint van damme

I don't deny climate change, I don't like children being used as weapons and I don't like how India and China are not held to account - yes I know they are bigger countries but also look at Co2 emissions per gdp. Its staggering.

which is why I think we're fucked.
Same with the situation in Brazil, as far as I'm concerned Bolsonaro is a wanker and what he's doing in the Amazon is wrong, but he has a point when he says we (the west) have been the biggest polluters for years but now we're telling the rest of the world not to do it. No wonder they're telling us to do one.

skybluetony176

Give credit to Astute he probably had to go into the 10th page of Google to pluck it out

It was probably right next to the smoking is good for you Report from 1948 with a forward from leading spokesman for the tobacco industry Babe Ruth. Written on his death bed caused by throat cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread