Grendel clearly does not work for the CET (2 Viewers)

lewys33

So because it doesn't support your opinion it is flawed? I think it is a quite fair representation. Ok Simon could have worded things slightly better, and there are some answers to the questions which could be taken differently ......... but still generally a fair representation I think.

I would love to know why Rob thinks it a good idea to discuss how to hack these online polls. What are you suggesting?

Astute

And people are quoting online polls as gospel...again

The vast majority of people who think that SISUE are not guilty of all charges couldn't be bothered to vote.

Grendel

The vast majority of people who think that SISUE are not guilty of all charges couldn't be bothered to vote.

No one thinks they are blameless.

Monners

I didn't bother with the survey, but if I had then the results would have been even more flawed, as I am not particularly keen on our owners.

ohitsaidwalker king power

That says majority of fans, the majority of fans didn't vote...
All Polls are the same are they not?- a representative sample size- inferential statistics used to extrapolate the consensus. Mori Polls, television audience figures or Democratic election polls at the ballot box. All the same?

Grendel

So why is the poll flawed?

I haven't said it is. 57% mostly blame sisu (that could be apportioning blame 51% to them and 49% to the council) and the rest totally blame the council or say they are as much to blame. I agree.

mark_ccfc

Interestingly I posted a poll on here a little while ago:-

Who carries the most blame for our current problems?

SISU 100% CCC/ACL 0% 73 56.59%
SISU 75% CCC/ACL 25% 33 25.58%
SISU 50% CCC/ACL 50% 16 12.40%
SISU 25% CCC/ACL 75% 5 3.88%
SISU 0% CCC/ACL 100% 2 1.55%

That figure of 60% of fans blaming SISU seems rather familiar. There was also a poll by Les Reid on the telegraph that came up with a very similar figure that was promptly swept under the carpet.

Interesting.

mark_ccfc

Interestingly I posted a poll on here a little while ago:-

Who carries the most blame for our current problems?

SISU 100% CCC/ACL 0% 73 56.59%
SISU 75% CCC/ACL 25% 33 25.58%
SISU 50% CCC/ACL 50% 16 12.40%
SISU 25% CCC/ACL 75% 5 3.88%
SISU 0% CCC/ACL 100% 2 1.55%

That figure of 60% of fans blaming SISU seems rather familiar. There was also a poll by Les Reid on the telegraph that came up with a very similar figure that was promptly swept under the carpet.

Interesting.

Sorry - meant to mention the number next to the percentage is the number of voters. Total number of voters 129 - obviously a more modest number of voters.

dongonzalos

And people are quoting online polls as gospel...again

Nope people just quoting the evidence provided by a poll. It is the only bit of evidence people have to discuss
Other than discussing the words of people and the actions of people.
No one criticises people for creating headlines or discussing these things.
So surely it is natural for the most compelling stat in the survey to be the headline. Also for people to discuss it and quote it.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

What is strange is when people go to lengths creating conspiracy theories such as people rigging polls. Intentionally trying leading questions. Rival fans high jacking polls etc etc.

I think this is the third or fourth survey/poll that has come out with similar results.

I am confident it is quite representative.

Last edited:

mark_ccfc

It is indeed unfortunate that CT worded the heading 'the majority of fans'
However a poll is all about getting the views of a representative sample.
The numbers voting in this poll are a good 10% of the attending fanbase last season so I would say it's a good size sample,
so I would not dismiss these results lightly.

cloughie

It's not the majority of fans though, is it? It's around 900 of those who voted.

That will make the current 'government' flawed also as the majority didn't vote for the Liberals or conservatives combined.

The majority didn't vote then either

Last edited:

Grendel

That will make the current 'government' flawed also as the majority didn't vote for the Liberals or conservatives combined.

65% of eligible voters registered their voice in the last general election do you are wrong - as usual.

sky blue john

I didn't bother with the survey, but if I had then the results would have been even more flawed, as I am not particularly keen on
our owners.

I also didn't vote my views are against our clubs hostage takers !!!!
I find it unbelievable that some are still trying to defend Sisu !!

Grendel

I also didn't vote my views are against our clubs hostages !!!!
I find it unbelievable that some are still trying to defend Sisu !!

No one is - its all in your mind.

Grendel

torchomatic

If around 10% of the population voted then I would agree with you. What percentage of of our total fan base (not just those who attended last season) is 1600?

shmmeee

If around 10% of the population voted then I would agree with you. What percentage of of our total fan base (not just those who attended last season) is 1600?

A high enough number to give a representative sample.

Seriously Torch, drop this line, it just shows ignorance of how surveys work and how we judge reliability.

The questions were poor, but the sample size was fine.

torchomatic

Oh I know how they work; I've seen enough Shampoo ads! I have no problem with the survey per se - yours was much better - I just have a problem with the word "majority". More laziness from the CT.

A high enough number to give a representative sample.

Seriously Torch, drop this line, it just shows ignorance of how surveys work and how we judge reliability.

The questions were poor, but the sample size was fine.

Sky Blue Kid

RFC has got more of the "Brown Stuff" on his nose than my Grandson has in his nappy, and beleive me, he can really fill a nappy. There's one for starters. Need I go on?

Grendel

RFC has got more of the "Brown Stuff" on his nose than my Grandson has in his nappy, and beleive me, he can really fill a nappy. There's one for starters. Need I go on?

Id rather you didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread