Grendel clearly does not work for the CET (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Majority of Coventry City fans blame Sisu for homeless Sky Blues.

Almost 60 per cent of Sky Blues fans blame Coventry City’s owners for the situation facing the club, according to a new survey.

Supporters were asked who they believed was to blame for the current problems at the club.

The majority, 57.7 per cent, believed club owners Sisu were all or mainly at fault, while 34.9 per cent believed Coventry City Council/ACL and Sisu were equally to blame.

Just 5.3 per cent believed Ricoh Arena firm ACL and the city council were solely responsible.

Fans campaign group Keep Cov in Cov revealed the findings after completing what it labelled the largest survey of supporters since the club began to play ‘home’ fixtures 35 miles away in Northampton.

The poll, which received more than 1,500 votes while it ran between December 9 and December 14, also showed almost 90 per cent of supporters would back an independent investigation into the situation at the Sky Blues.

Supporters seem to believe Sisu is bluffing in relation to building a new stadium with 68.7 per cent stating their belief that Sisu will not build a new home for the Sky Blues.

That comes despite club bosses’ repeated insistence that they will build a new ground in the Coventry area and a recent move to establish a stadium consultation group for fans.

A total of 22.7 per cent believe Sisu will only build a new stadium if they cannot purchase the Ricoh Arena.

Just 2.2 per cent believe Sisu will build a new ground and 6.4 per cent are unsure.

If the Sky Blues returned to the Ricoh Arena, 73.3 per cent of fans said they would attend home fixtures. However, 19.1 per cent said they would not attend home games while Sisu was in charge, 4.8 per cent were undecided and 2.9 per cent have lost interest in attending.

Michael Orton, KCIC campaign organiser, said: “This is the biggest survey of CCFC fans since the club was relocated to Northampton.

"A wide range of Sky Blues supporters participated including people who do and don’t go to Sixfields, supporters in Coventry and Warwickshire, elsewhere in the UK and overseas, and so on.

“The survey does not claim to provide definitive answers regarding the views of CCFC fans but it is reasonable to believe it is strongly indicative of supporters’ views and that will remain the case until an even bigger survey is conducted.”

The full survey can be found at keepcovincov.weebly.com.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

That article isn't written by Les Reid.

torchomatic

It's not the majority of fans though, is it? It's around 900 of those who voted.

AJB1983

As a representative sample though, it is majority of fans.
Could say the same about every survey or election ever carried out.

torchomatic

Maybe but saying a "majority" isn't strictly true.

As a representative sample though, it is majority of fans.
Could say the same about every survey or election ever carried out.

Rob S

It's not the majority of fans though, is it? It's around 900 of those who voted.

Or how many times. Here's a video of how to hack a Poll Daddy survey:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRQpsqeD5IQ

Here's why we should be wary of opt-in internet survey results:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2010/04/study-group-issues-a-warning-on-optin-online-surveys/

However, Michael is dead right about the fact that it is now down to people with bigger pockets (e.g. media) to get a proper, representative survey out there.

hill83

I'd be very very suprised if the majority of fans didn't blame Sisu. It's only blaming Sisu where the discrepancy lies.
But regardless more people blame them in some part than don't blame them at all, so the point stands.

Last edited:

covcity4life

everyone blames sisu, their dicks of the highest order

only arguments on here are down to those who dont think council have hindered ccfc in anyway

they are the wums.

one day hopefully the forum will be back to being about footy again.

CovFan

We've already had the author of the piece post in here Grendel, do keep up.

So this shows that 9/10 people blame SISU for what has happened.

lordsummerisle

Should a newspaper really be reporting as news a poll which many on here(from both sides of the divide) have shown as flawed?

Poor journalism just lifting something and publishing it.

Nick

Administrator
Should a newspaper really be reporting as news a poll which many on here(from both sides of the divide) have shown as flawed?

Poor journalism just lifting something and publishing it.

I said it would happen as it happened last time too but I was just being negative with nothing useful to say....

The headline is not really Michael's fault but the cet are misleading again

dongonzalos

I'd be very very suprised if the majority of fans didn't blame Sisu. It's only blaming Sisu where the discrepancy lies.
But regardless more people blame them in some part than don't blame them at all, so the point stands.

Yes I agree more people blame them as carrying all or nearly all the blame.

It's quite a striking point.

Grendel

We've already had the author of the piece post in here Grendel, do keep up.

So this shows that 9/10 people blame SISU for what has happened.

No it's just a copy of Michaels interpretation of the data that's all it is.

Nick

Administrator
Yes I agree more people blame them as carrying all or nearly all the blame.

It's quite a striking point.

So people are again stating a flawed internet poll to back their argument and dodgy headlines in the paper, exactly the same as last time

stupot07

So people are again stating a flawed internet poll to back their argument and dodgy headlines in the paper, exactly the same as last time

Until someone says 40% of fans blame ACL either half,mainly for fully...then it's flawed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shmmeee

Until someone says 40% of fans blame ACL either half,mainly for fully...then it's flawed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

The irony of this statement being that's exactly what's happening the other way right now.

Tonight's gate will be the best "poll" of fans opinions.

To be fair, you can argue each point individually, but that would assume law of averages would mean one of these statistical errors would come out in Sisus favour, and it never does.

stupot07

The irony of this statement being that's exactly what's happening the other way right now.

Tonight's gate will be the best "poll" of fans opinions.

To be fair, you can argue each point individually, but that would assume law of averages would mean one of these statistical errors would come out in Sisus favour, and it never does.

Tonight's gate shows us what fans think about being in Northampton not who is half, mainly or fully to blame to is being there. All of us want the club back in Coventry.

And yeah, the irony, which is why I deliberately posted it. The poll is indicative but not fact.

hill83

Tonight's gate shows us what fans think about being in Northampton not who is half, mainly or fully to blame to is being there. All of us want the club back in Coventry.

Yep, if we were at home I'd be 3 pints deep in the wheatsheaf already ready to freeze my tits off in block 15. As things stand I couldn't give a flying fuck about this game. In fact this is the least I've ever cared about a Coventry City game ever. A league game and I'd still listen/check the score. But this can fuck off.

shmmeee

And yeah, the irony, which is why I deliberately posted it. The poll is indicative but not fact.

Fair point.

blueflint

its not flawed it represents the fans that voted we all know that not all fans bothered that doesn't make it flawed

torchomatic

Well the headline should have the word "voting" in it or "1600". Even a numbskull like you gets that I'm sure.

of course it is its a majority of voting fans what bit of that don't you understand

torchomatic

I didn't make an error.

dongonzalos

So people are again whinging about polls

Unless someone is sad enough to sit for hours on end to rig a poll.
Which the importance of this one means that that is very very unlikely.

Then we should give it credit and pay attention to it.

Last edited:

RPHunt

The full headline in the CET is:

Majority of Coventry City fans blame Sisu for homeless Sky Blues
Fans' survey shows just five per cent believed Ricoh Arena firm ACL and the city council were solely responsible for row

Clearly, some people are struggling to comprehend what "Fans' survey" means.

And for those who think it is meaningless because it is "flawed", I suspect a survey at Northampton tonight might give you an answer closer to the one you are obviously after.

Nick

Administrator
So people are again whinging about polls again

Unless it someone is sad enough to sit for hours on end to rig a poll.

Which the pittance of this one means that that is very very unlikely.

Then we should give it credit and pay attention to it.

And people are quoting online polls as gospel...again

Users who are viewing this thread