Great article - Mowbray (3 Viewers)

Calista

Its been edited, the quote in post #2 was definitely correct at the time, it said.

'The fans crave a new era. Wasps having acquired the Ricoh Arena, Coventry are looking to build a new stadium, a sporting complex with the local rugby club involved and training facilities attached, inside the ring-road within four to five years.'

Do you mean that the article in the Daily Telegraph originally mentioned the ring road but has since been corrected?

Calista

Yes that is correct, I definitely saw it on the daily telegraph article as did others in this thread. Its been edited now to say 8 miles instead.

I’ll bet Tim nearly choked on his roly poly pudding when he read the original article. I’d love to have heard the ensuing phone call.

steveecov

That European regeneration money ain't .tiny.

To some in the world, not just Eueope; apart from the "sent to Coventry", all they know of Coventry is the blitz and Godiva.

Always thought we needed John Lewis type shops.

They would never come with such a small average customer spend.

if the council can help pull this together....Gee this would be better news than any new manager,

A city to be proud of on and off the pitch.

Oh well. Can but dream.

After such an anticlimactic day, I'll sleep well.

Night all and sweet dreams.

sly_old_fox

The King Power stadium is approx. 20 minutes walk (2 miles) from the centre point of Leicester (Clock Tower). Traffic on match days in the immediate vicinity of the stadium can be a nightmare but I wouldn't say that it is detrimental to traffic in the city in general. As a lot of people can travel by train and bus, take in a pre-match pint in the city centre and then walk to the stadium, I would say it works better than an edge of town venue

kdrinkell

An inspiring interview,I used to cringe at his after match interviews when he was at Celtic but he does sound good or maybe he is just good at the PR.

Captain Dart

I love this article about Mowbray and the way he describes his ambition, and his passion for the game and attacking football. If the words translate into action, I may find my love for the club reignited.

But I’m baffled by the “ring road” debate. The article says “Coventry officials said on Tuesday that they are looking to build a new stadium, a sporting complex with training facilities attached, hoping for it to be “within eight miles of the city centre” and “within four to five years”.

I can see no reference to the ring road, so why does post No. 2 on this thread mention it?

8 miles from the city centre could be past Nuneaton, on the edge of Birmingham or nearly in Rugby.

It didn't say that last night, the article has been corrected.

skybluebeduff

“I want to give the players a cause to fight for. Let’s see where we can go. In two months’ time they might be relegated and I disappear."

Yeah,great!

standupforcity

I like his reference to what he plans for us next season...suggests a new contract will be sorted once we survive. A good pointer I'd say.

torchomatic

But not before it causes fluttering hearts on SBT. He goes on about Social Media. He ain't seen or heard anything yet!

Love it, author messes up, says on twitter he was right and then corrects the article!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Nice words from TM.....but calm down folks....that's all they are.....a few well chosen words.....he's hardly gonna turn up & say something like.....

"I've been out of work for 18 months & am now bored, so thought I'd give this rabble a spin as I can't lose.....if I fuck it up, I'll walk away & confirm to anyone who'll listen that the club is rotten to the core & riddled with a culture of failure....If I do alright & keep them up (which shouldn't be difficult if truth be told) then I can either stay on for an extended contract on improved terms or get my agent to see what better jobs are available"....

Anyway....I've got a hangover & had a 4.30am start (thanks kids)....

Good luck in your 13 remaining games TM.

Wheelfass

Nice words from TM.....but calm down folks....that's all they are.....a few well chosen words.....he's hardly gonna turn up & say something like.....

"I've been out of work for 18 months & am now bored, so thought I'd give this rabble a spin as I can't lose.....if I fuck it up, I'll walk away & confirm to anyone who'll listen that the club is rotten to the core & riddled with a culture of failure....If I do alright & keep them up (which shouldn't be difficult if truth be told) then I can either stay on for an extended contract on improved terms or get my agent to see what better jobs are available"....

Anyway....I've got a hangover & had a 4.30am start (thanks kids)....

Good luck in your 13 remaining games TM.
Blimey, talk about being half empty.

Wheelfass

You're probably right.....but it gives a bit of balance to all the romantic horseshit & platitudes in the article.....
If it smacks of PR then so be it, we have seen little spin for such a long time and it just gives us a glimmer of hope. You can't fault his passion. Time will tell if he can follow up his vision with something exiting for us fans......I just hope he gets enough time.

J

Jack Griffin

8miles11.jpg

8 miles is... http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/12/61/68/26/8miles10.jpg
8miles10.jpg

ccfc92

The fans crave a new era. Wasps having acquired the Ricoh Arena, Coventry officials said on Tuesday that they are looking to build a new stadium, a sporting complex with training facilities attached, hoping for it to be “within eight miles of the city centre” and “within four to five years”.

Doesn't seem like within ring road to me :(

Users who are viewing this thread