Grab a beer or a cup of tea, it’s CCFC!! (1 Viewer)

Otis

If the aim is to save the club and find somebody to play, surely there should be pressure on anybody who can make that happen?

I am really struggling to see why somebody would be against that if the aim was about CCFC and a deal being done.
They're not. No-one sensible anyway.

If I were Wasps (and had to take on their stance) I would be saying a further one year deal, as they don't want to see a fellow sports team of this city and it's fans suffer and fall off the grid and vanish, but that, that is it. SIsu have 12 months to drop the challenge or face eviction.

A one last final warning (and that's not me taking sides, that's me just trying to wear the hat and take the situation as it is right now).

Captain Dart

it is a bit of a nonsense.

All sides need to move somewhat, but Sisu really need to make that first step and stop the legal proceedings.

They have clearly completely pissed off the council and that in turn has influenced Wasps.

Stopping the legal challenge would be the key to unlock all the doors.

If Wasps still refuse and go back on their word following this, then a massive campaign drummed up against Wasps and encouraging of boycotts etc. Also combined with protests against the council too.

Drop the legal battle and let's see if the goodwill is there or it's just all bullshit.

If SISU dropped the legal action and Wasps did not negotiate that would certainly be unacceptable to me.

skybluetony176

it is a bit of a nonsense.

All sides need to move somewhat, but Sisu really need to make that first step and stop the legal proceedings.

They have clearly completely pissed off the council and that in turn has influenced Wasps.

Stopping the legal challenge would be the key to unlock all the doors.

If Wasps still refuse and go back on their word following this, then a massive campaign drummed up against Wasps and encouraging of boycotts etc. Also combined with protests against the council too.

Drop the legal battle and let's see if the goodwill is there or it's just all bullshit.

That about sizes it up.

We’re in a situation at the moment where we as fans are expected to expect everyone but the owners to do the best by the club regardless of what the owners do against those parties. Not sure how that’s going to work either short or long term. Sisu has to meet someone halfway for the benefit of the club. Until that happens I’m not sure why fans are getting angry at an article that provides a time line claiming an ulterior motive by the author, aside from the fact that the author has always always been upfront about his motive.

If someone wants to arrange a Wasps protest I’m in. In the meantime I’m not going to get upset by the angle of protest from the only ones willing to organise a protest.

Otis

If SISU dropped the legal action and Wasps did not negotiate that would certainly be unacceptable to me.
To everyone with half a brain cell.

To me a see it as a win/win.

1. Legal challenge dropped - Wasps agree to work with the club and we negotiate a long term deal at the Rioch.

2. Legal challenge dropped - Wasps still don't agree to work with us, we all go full throttle on Wasps and the council and cause a disruption to Wasps games (that can simply be full on encouragement for spectators to boycott Wasps)

Nick

Administrator
That about sizes it up.

We’re in a situation at the moment where we as fans are expected to expect everyone but the owners to do the best by the club regardless of what the owners do against those parties. Not sure how that’s going to work either short or long term. Sisu has to meet someone halfway for the benefit of the club. Until that happens I’m not sure why fans are getting angry at an article that provides a time line claiming an ulterior motive by the author, aside from the fact that the author has always always been upfront about his motive.

If someone wants to arrange a Wasps protest I’m in. In the meantime I’m not going to get upset by the angle of protest from the only ones willing to organise a protest.

Again, who has said that SISU shouldn't be pressured or get shit or anything even close to that?

Do you all have access to secret posts that nobody else can see?

Why is it when somebody mentions pressuring others also that people assume it means everybody but SISU?

NorthernWisdom

My issue with dropping legal action is that's bullying in its own way, and attempting to skew a process that's enshrined in law. I appreciate the process here is more than likely to tie up and delay but... aren't we setting a dangerous precedent if we don't let things go through to their due course? Better to let all dirty laundry be aired, and then to move on.

My question would be more what's changed from last year, when ultimately the bluster stopped, and a one year deal was agreed. I'd have thought the suitable compromise would be the one year deal on a rolling contract. That commits neither side to terms and situations that may be unfavourable to them, means negative PR is avoided for all parties, and it ends up being 'business as usual' for a while... benefitting all parties. CCFC can focus on the football, Wasps have the security that their tenant is there for the foreseeable, and has to give sufficient notice if they're not to be, and CCC have the football club around for the city of culture bid.

In life, it's usually what's in it for us, and a one year rolling deal seems the best fit to suit all parties and leave none of them losing out, particularly.

Nick

Administrator
My issue with dropping legal action is that's bullying in its own way, and attempting to skew a process that's enshrined in law. I appreciate the process here is more than likely to tie up and delay but... aren't we setting a dangerous precedent if we don't let things go through to their due course? Better to let all dirty laundry be aired, and then to move on.

My question would be more what's changed from last year, when ultimately the bluster stopped, and a one year deal was agreed. I'd have thought the suitable compromise would be the one year deal on a rolling contract. That commits neither side to terms and situations that may be unfavourable to them, means negative PR is avoided for all parties, and it ends up being 'business as usual' for a while... benefitting all parties. CCFC can focus on the football, Wasps have the security that their tenant is there for the foreseeable, and has to give sufficient notice if they're not to be, and CCC have the football club around for the city of culture bid.

In life, it's usually what's in it for us, and a one year rolling deal seems the best fit to suit all parties and leave none of them losing out, particularly.

People also seem to be missing that and making the mistake of taking Wasps word on it. We had it at the time that they stopped talks because of legal action but then commenced them and did a deal with legal action was ongoing.

Now Wasps have said it's about the legal action again it's taken at face value and accepted and that's that.

Why shouldn't that be questioned? (Whilst also questioning SISU, for avoidance of doubt). What is the harm in asking them things like that? People seem to be dead against it.

Otis

My issue with dropping legal action is that's bullying in its own way, and attempting to skew a process that's enshrined in law. I appreciate the process here is more than likely to tie up and delay but... aren't we setting a dangerous precedent if we don't let things go through to their due course?

I would tend to agree with you, but over how many years and how many challenges and how many rejections?

I think just about everyone accepts they will never win. That then makes the process a bit pointless doesn't it.

How many defeats now and how many more to come?

People drop legal challenges all the time when there is very little chance of winning. This seems to be a dead cert to be rejected.

I'm all for allowing anyone to use the legal means to try and achieve justice or right a wrong, but there also has to be some balance.

How much time, effort and money have the council spent on defending these actions?

NorthernWisdom

Oh, and as for the initial article. I've only read half of it so far. It's well written, it offers an intelligent argument, although I personally have some issues with a couple of the assertions (ultimately nobody was willing to pay for a percentage of ACL under the terms originally set out. It fails to acknowledge repeated attempts to renegotiate on the part of boards pre SISU, let alone the current lot - it doesn't point out the 'negotiations are at an end' line actually came from ACL'). It does, however, pose an interesting and illuminating comment about the situation at the time of Wasps buying it with respect to offers to talk, which offers a rather good insight. Now I'm fairly sure there was an alternative view to that, where it was argued this was empty rhetoric, and there was no actual desire to talk. Ultimately, we're talking rhetoric on both sides however.

The issue has always been opposing perspectives and, ignoring the current crisis(!) that's always going to be the issue while the stadium is owned by a profit-oriented entity that isn't the football club. The deal as originally constituted was necvessary to enable ACL to exist, but it didn't help the club. Ultimately, any deal for CCFC to play at the Ricoh will either end up subsidising themselves, or Wasps - there's a very small area where a deal can be found that benefits all parties sufficiently. Ironically, it may be easier for Wasps and CCFC to make a deal than when it was CCC and CCFC. There won't be the cultural differences between city council and ruthless investment fund there was then... although there will be two ruthless investment funds duking it out instead!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I'd also like to know SISU's current plan B too. I refuse to believe they don't have one - they've always had one before! But I'd kind of like to know what it is.
Agreed. Maybe sue the EFL if they prevent us from playing outside of Coventry? M

Come on... imagine the EFL dealing with that shit storm! Would he hilarious

NorthernWisdom

Agreed. Maybe sue the EFL if they prevent us from playing outside of Coventry? M

Come on... imagine the EFL dealing with that shit storm! Would he hilarious
One of the worst case scenarios could well be that franchsing ends up enshrined as being allowed in the football league... CCFC are no more, but Barnet find themselves parachuted in as the Coventry Bees.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Just looks like too ordinary fans using limited knowledge to put 2 and 2 together and coming up with the wrong answer on that twitter account. Cant see anywhere that has David Johnson putting a like on any of the posts. Offering up opinions, even if demonstrably wrong, is not rewriting history.

All pretty clueless. Am losing the will to live with all this nonsense and it is only going to get worse the closer we get to the deadline. Personally i think personal attacks on any side of these arguments are just wrong and greatly weaken any point being made.

Just to be clear. No one can know if SISU have "pocketed" anything as of yet, the figures are just not available. First off though all money has to be paid to or accounted for by OEG/CCFC, and after that OEG/CCFC costs have to be met before even beginning to calculate if there is anything left to repay ARVO (SISU Capital nor SBS&L have anything directly owing to them from OEG/CCFC) You cannot make simplistic calculations as in the above twitter exchange because it ignores things like increased wage costs (new players and after promotion), bonus payments, increased overheads, timing of cash flows, the real amounts paid for players etc.

In the 2017 accounts (the last ones available) income was 6.1m total costs were £7.2m the profit on player sales 0.25m leaving a deficit before interest charges of 0.85m. That is a deficit that has to be paid for simply for the club to keep going. It is a similar picture every year. How do they think CCFC keeps going if SISU keep "pocketing" the money

Fans might not like it but owners are entitled to withdraw money that has been lent to a club. In our case there is no great evidence that this is happening. Over the two years to 2017 SISU have put in close to £1m in extra loans.

On the positive side if it did happen funds were used to repay loans that means a club is slightly more saleable because there is less debt left to repay and less interest is charged
No. Its an opinion. As is your analysis of what is going on.

We all get told stuff and form an opinion from there. Including you and including me. Doesnt mean we have to have the same opinion.

People are entitled to an opinion even if it is wrong or in your opinion it is wrong

Has David Johnson liked those posts on twitter?

Anyway like i said i have had enough of this nonsense so going back to the real world to do some real work.
Thank you Oldskyblue58 for giving us an unbiased and honest opinion . :emoji_thumbsup:

bawtryneal

I cannot believe you lot are still at it !!

Nick, the problem you have as somebody who reads and is active in social media is that you think everything is a conspiracy and believe most of the rubbish that ts written is based on some co-ordinated plan.. Most of it is mindless wind up merchants with a small measure of intelligent conversation. Its why, apart from occasional time on SBT, I never read or look at twitter, Facebook, Instagram or whatever.
You are typical of a whole younger generation who thinks the whole world revolves around the internet.
As I posted yesterday, it needs somebody (Sepalla) in SISU to withdraw their pointless court action and harmony and piece will break out and we will have a home for the next 10 years.
Unfortunately SISUs strategy does not allow them to withdraw the case as they will then have some explaining to do to their investors as to why their initial investment is lost.
Hence we need massive goodwill from Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
I cannot believe you lot are still at it !!

Nick, the problem you have as somebody who reads and is active in social media is that you think everything is a conspiracy and believe most of the rubbish that ts written is based on some co-ordinated plan.. Most of it is mindless wind up merchants with a small measure of intelligent conversation. Its why, apart from occasional time on SBT, I never read or look at twitter, Facebook, Instagram or whatever.
You are typical of a whole younger generation who thinks the whole world revolves around the internet.
As I posted yesterday, it needs somebody (Sepalla) in SISU to withdraw their pointless court action and harmony and piece will break out and we will have a home for the next 10 years.
Unfortunately SISUs strategy does not allow them to withdraw the case as they will then have some explaining to do to their investors as to why their initial investment is lost.
Hence we need massive goodwill from Wasps.

The point you are missing is that the bloke behind them all works for the council and is on the Sky Blue Trust board. It isn't a 14 year old pissing about or somebody being funny like the Angry Michael Doyle one for a laugh.

It's funny that for about the week before the news about the Higgs and Wasps I was making a point of saying something is going on as there were strange accounts popping up, people saying weird things that didn't up and it was laughed away as paranoia.

Part of my job is to look for strange patterns, things that don't look right etc on the internet (hence I am on it all the time), trends etc. Of course I am never 100% right but I don't persist with things for no reason and I am happy to be proven wrong. All that's happened so far is that the point I have made at the start of this thread about people being scared / strangely against to pressure anybody else (including SISU as well at the same time, to avoid doubt) has been proven.

I guess PWKH was just a WUM with small conversation and no agenda too? It's very naive to think that things like that aren't going on when I have seen 100% first hand they have been. Some of it may come across as paranoid but I am more than happy to show the workings out!

olderskyblue

I've read the article now, and I don't see anything that will change people's minds on the current or past situation, or anything to get worked up about, unless someone has an agenda of their own of course..... ;)

NorthernWisdom

I've read the article now, and I don't see anything that will change people's minds on the current or past situation, or anything to get worked up about, unless someone has an agenda of their own of course..... ;)

giphy.gif

Captain Dart

I'd also like to know SISU's current plan B too. I refuse to believe they don't have one - they've always had one before! But I'd kind of like to know what it is.
Good luck with that.

Captain Dart

The point you are missing is that the bloke behind them all works for the council and is on the Sky Blue Trust board. It isn't a 14 year old pissing about or somebody being funny like the Angry Michael Doyle one for a laugh.

It's funny that for about the week before the news about the Higgs and Wasps I was making a point of saying something is going on as there were strange accounts popping up, people saying weird things that didn't up and it was laughed away as paranoia.

Part of my job is to look for strange patterns, things that don't look right etc on the internet (hence I am on it all the time), trends etc. Of course I am never 100% right but I don't persist with things for no reason and I am happy to be proven wrong. All that's happened so far is that the point I have made at the start of this thread about people being scared / strangely against to pressure anybody else (including SISU as well at the same time, to avoid doubt) has been proven.

I guess PWKH was just a WUM with small conversation and no agenda too? It's very naive to think that things like that aren't going on when I have seen 100% first hand they have been. Some of it may come across as paranoid but I am more than happy to show the workings out!

So now you are saying there is a conspiracy with 'fake' accounts being used to push it.
Earlier on you said it was a 'common theme', whatever that is supposed to mean.

Honestly you are sounding like one of the tin foil hat brigade.

Nick

Administrator
So now you are saying there is a conspiracy with 'fake' accounts being used to push it.
Earlier on you said it was a 'common theme', whatever that is supposed to mean.

Honestly you are sounding like one of the tin foil hat brigade.
So you are telling me there are no multiple accounts controlled by a particular person?

How about you start proving me wrong with things rather than trying to get away from it by adding things in?

How is it tin hat when it's there for people to see? Your reaction and squirming makes it worse.

Captain Dart

So you are telling me there are no multiple accounts controlled by a particular person?

How about you start proving me wrong with things rather than trying to get away from it by adding things in?

I think you'd better have proof to make accusations, personally I have no idea.

Nick

Administrator
I think you'd better have proof to make accusations, personally I have no idea.
I do have proof and know I'm right else I wouldn't say it. Anybody with eyes could also figure it out.

It's strange how much people don't seem to have an idea about isn't it?

Again, try reading threads and you would see how obvious it is.

olderskyblue

I assume there must be some newly created "users" on here then? Anybody taking any notice of them? Anybody taking any notice of anything anybody writes on here? Most people have their set ideas, and push their own "agenda" for whatever reason. With some posts it's stupidity, some with malice, some that are just looking for an argument, and some that are very well thought out, and reasonable (like this one....) ;)

Although, if someone "cries wolf" often enough, one day they might get proven correct... ;);)

Internet points are valuable aren't they? :emoji_joy:

Nick

Administrator
I assume there must be some newly created "users" on here then? Anybody taking any notice of them? Anybody taking any notice of anything anybody writes on here? Most people have their set ideas, and push their own "agenda" for whatever reason. With some posts it's stupidity, some with malice, some that are just looking for an argument, and some that are very well thought out, and reasonable (like this one....) ;)

Although, if someone "cries wolf" often enough, one day they might get proven correct... ;);)

Internet points are valuable aren't they? :emoji_joy:
Who's crying wolf?

I'm not talking about people with an opinion, im talking about people pushing things for a reason.

olderskyblue

Who's crying wolf?

I'm not talking about people with an opinion, im talking about people pushing things for a reason.
Whatever they're pushing, most on here, won't be buying, unless they are already of a similar mind.

The thing is, whatever is being pushed will not have the slightest effect on SISU, Wasps or the Council.
In all the things that's gone on, what, if any, effect has it had in moving things forward?

Nick

Administrator
Whatever they're pushing, most on here, won't be buying, unless they are already of a similar mind.

The thing is, whatever is being pushed will not have the slightest effect on SISU, Wasps or the Council.
In all the things that's gone on, what, if any, effect has it had in moving things forward?
It has no effect on moving things forward, only backwards really which is my point.

Maybe some don't want certain things moving forward?

chiefdave

That's a key point. People have said before that there needs to be some 'myth busting' done as too many people believe things that are incorrect to be fact. Was suggested the trust were well positioned to do it as a prelude to pressuring all sides.

What we see is the opposite. It's a case of confirmation bias. The Johnson piece being discussed here is a prime example.

Captain Dart

I do have proof and know I'm right else I wouldn't say it. Anybody with eyes could also figure it out.

It's strange how much people don't seem to have an idea about isn't it?

Again, try reading threads and you would see how obvious it is.

So what accounts are you talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread