Goldy's going; Who can replace him? (1 Viewer)

From what i've heard, it sounds like David McGoldrick won't be returning to Coventry City. So what are we going to do now? Is it time for Cody McDonald to step up? Or is a new man needed? Who do you want you (realistically)?

ccfcway

From what i've heard, it sounds like David McGoldrick won't be returning to Coventry City. So what are we going to do now? Is it time for Cody McDonald to step up? Or is a new man needed? Who do you want you (realistically)?

what have you heard ?

whos told you ?

well think of all the clubs that are supposed to be interested in him. 5 championship clubs, another L1 club and a dutch PL club, so tis hardly likely he'll stay here

mark82

If the championship clubs are Barnsley, Peterborough, etc.. (ie the smaller likely to get relegated teams) then not sure why he would be more interested in them. Ditto league 1 club unless its maybe sheffield united. We are on the up and could be in the promotion mix very shortly. It is all down to whether SISU get their wallets out.

If the championship clubs are Barnsley, Peterborough, etc.. (ie the smaller likely to get relegated teams) then not sure why he would be more interested in them. Ditto league 1 club unless its maybe sheffield united. We are on the up and could be in the promotion mix very shortly. It is all down to whether SISU get their wallets out.

It wouldn't surprise me if Burnley signed him if Charlie Austin leaves.

covcity4life

he has already made a comment about lower placed championship teams using grass is not always greener school of thought

TommyZoom

I think he will stay if given a fair amount of cash to do so...And I don't mean a ridiculous amount just something to say we appreciate what you're doing, keep it up. Or maybe a particular clause which states if we don't gain promotion in the next two years he can leave the club for a set fee.

I think he will stay if given a fair amount of cash to do so...And I don't mean a ridiculous amount just something to say we appreciate what you're doing, keep it up. Or maybe a particular clause which states if we don't gain promotion in the next two years he can leave the club for a set fee.
Apparently thats we're gonna do, that clause. I reckon we'll have to spend around 250k
on the fee and he's gonna have to be our highest paid player. If he doesn't stay, i would love to see Calvin Zola come to City, maybe Tom Pope

smileycov

Facebook User

Hey i know lets start the same thread but with a different title! That wont be boring at all!!

LJC_CCFC

For the first time in his career he is starting and scoring regularly, he won't want that to stop. Personally I think we will get him on loan for the rest of the season as no one is going to offer forest anything substantial for a player out of contract in the summer, then the question is will he get the money he wants

Yorkshire SB

Cardiff have been linked with him, and are severely lacking striking options. A striker in the form of his life joining a team winning week in week out..would probably work out very well for both parties. They've got money to spend and even if he was only there 6 months I'm sure promotion to the PL is something he'd like to add to his CV.

zuniga

I wouldn't be surprised if he turns down a move in January and waits until he's a free agent in the summer. Not sure if Forest would let us have him on loan for the rest of the season if this happened though, they'd probably decide to keep him unless we can agree a loan fee.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Apparently thats we're gonna do, that clause. I reckon we'll have to spend around 250k
on the fee and he's gonna have to be our highest paid player. If he doesn't stay, i would love to see Calvin Zola come to City, maybe Tom Pope

I know it's nearly Christmas but what has Santa Claus got to do with all this?

And that is what this forum is all about. Voicing your opinion. If you dont like it, what you doing here?

The point is that you're voicing your opinion via a new thread, rather than adding content to an existing one. Considering the latter is easier, more time effective and less likely to result in justified negativity, I'm surprised the exact opposite keeps happening.

Diehard Si

I love how people hope we've changed. They will deliver nothing but disappointment on the McGoldrick front.

We will let him slip through, join a rival and propel them to promotion and leave us mid table.

skyblueman

The McGoldrick loan has proven one thing for sure...

There are great strikers out there currently out of favour just waiting to be given a decent chance

Robins will deliver another McGoldrick I have no doubt whatsoever

SkyBlueScottie

In other words you have read the same speculation we all have.

Apparently thats we're gonna do, that clause.

Again this is taken from an interview with a club rep (possibly Waggot) one which we have all read in the telegraph

And that is what this forum is all about. Voicing your opinion. If you dont like it, what you doing here?

The problem isnt in voicing your opinion, its the way you are doing it. Your opening gambit suggested you had "heard something" ie something different to what we have all read, a bit of a "i know something you dont" type post...

Also, as previously advised you could have added your opinion to one of the many McGoldrick threads.

covboy9

none of our current strikers are able to play upfront on his own, id say maybe Ball could but he's injured, Cody and Rod can't play in a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1. We will have to dip into loan market, wheres Frank Nouble these days? a player like him would be ok, we'll have to loan someone, i think your Popes and Zolas are out of the question

skybluegod

I'm glad your not a scout or our manager. calvin zola who has 18 goals in 46 games at burton who are league 2. Then tom pope who is unproven at anything above league 2 and has had just one good season in league 2 just like cody.

skybluejelly

I'm glad your not a scout or our manager. calvin zola who has 18 goals in 46 games at burton who are league 2. Then tom pope who is unproven at anything above league 2 and has had just one good season in league 2 just like cody.

he might well be a scout..dib dib dib and all that;)

Users who are viewing this thread