Godden Out (1 Viewer)

AiS86

netherland players first ever club (12).jpg
I'm curious to know who all our players originally supported. Even go so far as doing a training session wearing the kits like the Dutch national team do for with their first amatuer club's kits. Call it non uniform day for Children in Need or something to stop the inevitable whinging about it

skybluericoh

Most if not all players support their boyhood teams, I don’t have a problem with it.
when I worked in automotive, my favourite cars where jaguars, I’ve never worked for them but buy them.
it a job for them, there work hard at it and play well, they get paid. Same as we do in our jobs

duffer

Most if not all players support their boyhood teams, I don’t have a problem with it.
when I worked in automotive, my favourite cars where jaguars, I’ve never worked for them but buy them.
it a job for them, there work hard at it and play well, they get paid. Same as we do in our jobs

I was with you until the "work hard at it", bit.

Like I always say, if I'd known they wanted me to work, I'd have asked for more money. 😁

But yes, why would it bother me who our players support, as long as they're doing it for us on the pitch.

Given the nomadic lifestyle of most professional footballers, and the probability that they got into the game because at least someone around them supported a team somewhere and hence got them interested, it's not really a big surprise is it....

the rumpo kid

He was taking his son to a game on his day off. Like my dad used to when I was a kid. I think Godden's dad also used to take him as a kid too.
Thing is Nick I doubt your dad was an employee of another football club when he took you to a game, I also doubt if he was he would share that with his employer or the fans of that club by putting pictures everywhere. People can do whatever they like, but if he hadn't put those photos of him and his lad then there's no thread here is there, just don't be stupid with it Matty.

Nick

Administrator
Thing is Nick I doubt your dad was an employee of another football club when he took you to a game, I also doubt if he was he would share that with his employer or the fans of that club by putting pictures everywhere. People can do whatever they like, but if he hadn't put those photos of him and his lad then there's no thread here is there, just don't be stupid with it Matty.
Who cares? Its not like hes faked injury to miss our game to go.

It's unrealistic to expect city players to not support other teams?

hamertime

I’m not keen on it. It’s obviously players can support other clubs.

If he was at a big club he wouldn’t get away with that, if he played for a premier league club their fans wouldn’t have it. Just another example of ours fans being apathetic.

If he played for Leeds you think he would get away with that?

skybluericoh

Greaslish (SP)before the teachers come after me is a massive villa fan plays for Man City. Lineker massive Leicester fan gave them ££££7 when they went bust played for Everton, Spurs, Barcelona, some team in Japan, could go on but some people just want reasons to have a go at players, suppose it easier than supporting them when they need it?

SlowerThanPlatt

If it was rival club you might have a point, we’re not going to be competing with Arsenal anytime soon.

alexccfc99

Not a great idea really showing your love for a club while your playing and being paid by another, if it's godden or hammer ( I'm sure sufc fans arnt happy with photos of him at the CBS) or anyone else.
Must have missed our decades long rivalry with Arsenal

Who cares? It was his day off, Arsenal and that level of football is another world to us

Nobody was arsed when Vik kept going to Spurs by virtue of Kulusevski getting him freebies last season

skybluericoh

Must have missed our decades long rivalry with Arsenal

Who cares? It was his day off, Arsenal and that level of football is another world to us

Nobody was arsed when Vik kept going to Spurs by virtue of Kulusevski getting him freebies last season
It’s just people finding another reason to moan, if he was banging goals in for fun doubt this post would have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread