Goalkeepers (1 Viewer)

1966skyblue

Unsure as to why Burge still picked over Charles Cook. Terrible today.
Totally at fault for 1st goal. Came out ridiculously a couple of times and distribution awful and slow.

jghccfc

Unsure as to why Burge still picked over Charles Cook. Terrible today.
Totally at fault for 1st goal. Came out ridiculously a couple of times and distribution awful and slow.
Totally agree, never been a fan of burge, kicking is woeful, no control in the box, to slow to get things going, have to go back to RCC

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

1 awful pass straight to them
another when he half came out to collect, but then just stood and watched
very poor - no wonder the defence in front of him are scared to do anythin

Dazmataz

Honestly, what was we doing when he bowled it out to our centre back with 2 attackers around him. Sunday league standard.

Seamus1

Outfield players play poorly and the manager gets the sack, so what on earth is that big nosed goon of a goalkeeping coach still doing here? In the past 15 years we have had 2, maybe 3, decent goalkeepers who came here with the talent/experience already. When RCC first played I remember how good he was at plucking the ball from the air...now all that has been coached out of him by someone who flapped more times than fucking Yankee Doodle Pigeon!

rupert_bear

RCC is purely and simply a better keeper than Leigh Burge, his team mates will know that, not saying he's the long term answer but he is the only answer we currently have. Other things need answering too is it a coincidence that players with money value don't play regularly Stevenson, Stokes, Harres. Talking Stokes in particular where is he? Exactly what is his injury ? would have been back quicker with a cruciate or a broken leg.

Astute

Outfield players play poorly and the manager gets the sack, so what on earth is that big nosed goon of a goalkeeping coach still doing here? In the past 15 years we have had 2, maybe 3, decent goalkeepers who came here with the talent/experience already. When RCC first played I remember how good he was at plucking the ball from the air...now all that has been coached out of him by someone who flapped more times than fucking Yankee Doodle Pigeon!
Being a GK is a confidence thing. You can't make a good GK shit by coaching. Most of what a GK does comes naturally. But you can knock their confidence. And they can knock it themself by making a few mistakes. They can then stop coming for crosses in case they drop or miss the ball. And not all GK's can kick straight.

Otis

Being a GK is a confidence thing. You can't make a good GK shit by coaching. Most of what a GK does comes naturally. But you can knock their confidence. And they can knock it themself by making a few mistakes. They can then stop coming for crosses in case they drop or miss the ball. And not all GK's can kick straight.
Burge has always been indecisive on coming for crosses, while RCC on the other hand has pretty much always come out for them.

One is indecisive and the other hot-headed.

Great_Expectations

I've never rated Burge, he's a liability waiting to happen.

I appreciate not everyone is a fan of RCC, but is by far the better keeper. His distribution alone should put him above Burge, who either waits too long to release it, or passes it straight to the opposition, or straight out of play.

I feel for Burge as his confidence must be shot, and it's all a bit of muchness as we are already down, but I'd play RCC in preparation for next season.

RCC should have started following his penalty heroics, as I'm sure his confidence was sky high. Poor decision from RS.

Warwickhunt

Burge is getting worse he,s getting like Dracula! Doesn't like crosses

NortonSkyBlue

After the oldham game, where RCC kept us in it, I couldn't understand grasp how anybody thinks that Burge was the better keeper.
Think of the weak defence any keeper would be shot to pieces having that lot in front of him.
I have no idea what Slade sees in Burge but it can't be talent.

stevefloyd

Hear hear

Garryb80

Burge is an absolute liability. Not the only one on the team admittedly but how he is in ahead of any goalkeeper is a mystery to me.

Astute

Hear hear
So Oggy is at fault for RCC going for crosses he can't get to and Burge who doesn't go for the easy crosses?

Maybe it would help if you could show Oggy how to polish a turd.

stevefloyd

Get rid of oggy... he has relegation all over him now and he has been a constant demoninator in our demise, get Kirkland in as player coach he is younger with different ideas as they say a change is as good as a rest

Astute

Get rid of oggy... he has relegation all over him now and he has been a constant demoninator in our demise, get Kirkland in as player coach he is younger with different ideas as they say a change is as good as a rest
So it is all the fault of Oggy now?

stevefloyd

So Oggy is at fault for RCC going for crosses he can't get to and Burge who doesn't go for the easy crosses?

Maybe it would help if you could show Oggy how to polish a turd.
He must have some input like yes I think we should sign this shit goalkeeper

Otis

Oggy? Oggy the hero? Oggy the Sky Blue legend?

Surely, surely not. ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

I would think that Oggys time is about up as they will need to cut costs in all areas again next year and goalkeeper coach isn't going to be crucial I would expect an older goalkeeper who will do some coaching.

If you could join the two together you might name one good one rcc throws it out too quickly and Burge too slowly.

Could Burge please stop clearing the mud off his boots before each kick and fucking hurry up.

Astute

He must have some input like yes I think we should sign this shit goalkeeper
We have had players signed that our manager hasn't exactly wanted. Now you want me to believe that a coach is choosing the players?

So where did we sign Burge and RCC from?

Terry Gibson's perm

You think these two are bad look st the third choice he is absolute rubbish

stevefloyd

We have had players signed that our manager hasn't exactly wanted. Now you want me to believe that a coach is choosing the players?
I never said he chose them but must have had some input when asked about them signing a pro deal

Astute

And nothing to do with them being the cheap option?

stevefloyd

3rd time lucky trying to post...i never said he chose them just provided input when they signed pro

stevefloyd

I will reply to astute here because i tried 3 times and it didnt work.... i never said he chose them merely suggesting he must have had input when asked about goalkeepers signing a pro contract

Otis

I will reply to astute here because i tried 3 times and it didnt work.... i never said he chose them merely suggesting he must have had input when asked about goalkeepers signing a pro contract
Of course.

The manager would ask the goalkeeping coach his recommendations and ask him if they are good enough for the first team.

Users who are viewing this thread