Goalkeeper Simon Moore expected to sign according to the Bladesman. (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Can’t see us signing another senior keeper
we Have if it happens a 31 year old, 28, 21& 19 with seniority probably in that order I have heard
Been unconvinced by Badlan for a while. Too many cheap speculative ones that might come off... but don't. Kasta, Hillsner. We just can't afford that.

However Moore does fit with the successful L1 and L2 strategy which was largely abandoned in summer 2020 - good English league players being released by their clubs and picked up for free or next to nothing - see Kelly, MacFadz, Allen

On the negative side being described as a 'good shot stopper' is a very low benchmark indeed (see Burge). It's a bit like a striker being descibed as 'good at kicking the ball towards the goal'...It's the day-job

Every team makes relative to their budget cheap speculative signings, there is no exact science to spotting a player (apart from experts like you of course)
[/QUOTE]
Badlan doesn’t sign or I assume decide who to sign that’s the managers job and decision. Hilsner in fairness had a medical issue wether it’s cleared up or not we don’t know but it didn’t become apparent until after he signed perhaps could point a finger at the medical people I don’t know. As for Kastaneer you get players who don’t work out some costing millions

stupot07

Could we just not be after 2 GKs? This guy as new number 2 and then a first choice, Wilson is nowhere near good enough and we wouldn't want another season with him between the sticks but if the management don't rate the kids then it's a cheap and easy fix to have Wilson as 3rd choice.
Ridiculous if true, why give Wilson a 2 year contract when you can sign loan keepers in an emergency at any time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Not to labour a point but Wilson’s Championship stats: Played 30 - Conceded 31 - 10 Clean Sheets
Moore: Played 35 - Conceded 42 - 6 clean sheets

Again, I’ll back him and I hope he comes good. But there’s foundation to my concerns.
Wilson has got some great stats and is a good keeper I dont understand why he gets so much stick

CDK

Has games where his command of his 6 yd box on crosses is better than morosi but still not at required level.Robins said it after the 1-0 loss at Birmingham against Preston when he said of the loss we keep giving goals away and will be working hard through the summer to put it right.

fatso

I wouldn't be suprised if Wison ends up first choice, MR rates him and his stats are excellent. (all be it that he played behind 7 defensive players)
He has made a couple of major fuck ups but he's still gaining experience at this level, with a good pre season and some one on one training he could be the answer.

Frostie

People crying because Moore has been back up to Dean Henderson in the prem.

Ben Wilson was back up at bottom of the league Bradford in league 1

No offence Ben, and you did better than we ever thought you'd do, but we need a number 1

Wilson was backup to Moore who was backup to David Marshall when the 3 were together at Cardiff.

bawtryneal

Wilson is a terrible keeper as his career shows. Why be positive with someone whose a waste of a wage

Because he plays for "our team" and reads this forum and is a guy who thrives on positivity and support not negativity ( like the vast majority of human beings)
But, if it makes you happy slagging everybody off from behind your key board without any thought for the consequences of your words then "what can I say" apart from please consider others feelings.

CDK

Because he plays for "our team" and reads this forum and is a guy who thrives on positivity and support not negativity ( like the vast majority of human beings)
But, if it makes you happy slagging everybody off from behind your key board without any thought for the consequences of your words then "what can I say" apart from please consider others feelings.
Some people don't care about there remarks on sites and the lasting reactions from the players slagged off.

bawtryneal

What winds me up the most is he is a season ticket holder of many years and must get some satisfaction from slagging off the majority of the players, management and owners. If you dislike it that much then find something else to do on a Saturday afternoon and take your negativity away from this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread