Goalkeeper Simon Moore expected to sign according to the Bladesman. (5 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

So coming towards the end of the season, and I'd say since he came back from Covid he's been... mixed, to say the least. Can see why, for much of his career, he's been seen as capable understudy rather than absolute first choice, in that he's kind of dependable, but there are a few goals where you wonder if he could have done better.
Solid 7.5 for the whole season

shmmeee

In an ideal world I’d want better in the summer, ideally a young keeper with potential to improve, but we are a million miles from an ideal world and he’s well down the list of positions that need replacing.

The fact his drop in form has come post covid suggests we might well have to wait a few months to see him back to his best anyway.

Reactions: AOM

rob9872

He's a solid keeper, but his recent form hasn't been great. Ben didn't let us down at all in the games he stepped in nor last season and I think he was unlucky to lose his spot straight back to Moore when fit, so imo he should be given Saturday if at least only to remove the complacency from Moore as an expectant starter might sharpen him up.

fernandopartridge

He's a solid keeper, but his recent form hasn't been great. Ben didn't let us down at all in the games he stepped in nor last season and I think he was unlucky to lose his spot straight back to Moore when fit, so imo he should be given Saturday if at least only to remove the complacency from Moore as an expectant starter might sharpen him up.
Wilson is not good enough, "never let us down" apart from numerous basic errors yeah

SBT

In an ideal world I’d want better in the summer, ideally a young keeper with potential to improve, but we are a million miles from an ideal world and he’s well down the list of positions that need replacing.

I swear this board is obsessed with spending money on keepers. When you look at the gymnastics we had to pull to sign Jake fucking Bidwell, the idea of us doing the same for a small upgrade on Simon Moore fills me with dread.

Liquid Gold

My worry with him at the start was that he was a good shot stopper but butter fingers and would spill shots or not catch crosses.

First half of the season he was immaculate at everything.

Since he returned from covid he hasn’t developed bitter fingers but he’s been beaten more easily.

I think he is like a lot of our squad and could do with a proper summer break.

Terry_dactyl

Are we really debating this ? Fuck me look how he’s played all season it was an off night for them all last night form hasn’t been great accross the board for a while,small squad etc pitch went to shit he’s a top keeper
Tbf he’s made more mistakes than just last nights howler of late.
I think it’s reasonable to assess his performance. We did earlier in the season when he was always great.

Frostie

One for debate but I think the general level of first choice goalkeeper quality is fairly even across the league. There's little between the absolute best & the middle of the road (like Moore) to the less decent ones in my opinion.

Moore is good enough for this level & to try & upgrade him would be mega money for minimal gains in my opinion.

His ability on crosses, general command of the area & distribution are an enormous improvement on what we have had previously & enable us to play the way we do.
His weakness in my eyes is a very strange tendency to go to ground very, very early - literally the opposite of what you are coached although he does seem to make it work more often than not.

KenilworthSkyBlue

One for debate but I think the general level of first choice goalkeeper quality is fairly even across the league. There's little between the absolute best & the middle of the road (like Moore) to the less decent ones in my opinion.

Moore is good enough for this level & to try & upgrade him would be mega money for minimal gains in my opinion.

His ability on crosses, general command of the area & distribution are an enormous improvement on what we have had previously & enable us to play the way we do.
His weakness in my eyes is a very strange tendency to go to ground very, very early - literally the opposite of what you are coached although he does seem to make it work more often than not.

I do agree but I think at times as well he actually doesn't get down quick enough when dealing with low shots - as shown with Hull's first goal last night. It's strange.

lordy_87

Maybe there has been a few occasions where you could say "he could have done better" but last night was the first real mistake he's made with us so far. He's been generally superb all season. He's the least of my worries in this team. Fuck me goalkeeping errors are made every week at the highest level. See Real Madrid vs PSG last week.

robbiethemole

Very sound keeper, just caught out by an early shot which skidded off the pitch, why the fuck didn’t we do the same to their guy? Oh wait we prefer to try walking it in

Adge

If it’s not broke then don’t try and fix it…….

Users who are viewing this thread