Goal of the decade (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

Someone mentioned that Godden’s fourth at Wycombe could be the “goal of the decade”
It was a great goal but I’m not sure it would even crack the top ten.
I’ll start by nominating Franck Moussa’s chip against Leyton Orient . His thunderbolts against Port Vale and Preston the same season are also right up there.
Any other nominations?

Esoterica

Biamou’s volley in the 6-2 Yeovil defeat was incredible technique, unfortunately the goal was not important so it doesn’t get the credit it deserves. Grimmer at Wembley?

Frank Sidebottom

Biamou’s volley in the 6-2 Yeovil defeat was incredible technique, unfortunately the goal was not important so it doesn’t get the credit it deserves. Grimmer at Wembley?
That was sublime, Just rewatched it, Unfortunately I could only find the full highlights and not just the goal. It's weird that we decided to play without a defence or a goalkeeper that day.

SlowerThanPlatt

Moussa without a club since 2018 when he got released by Gillingham after 2 games. His best spell was with us.

Robins does tend to be good at getting flair players to perform. Bright and Nazon spring to mind. Bayliss and Jones before injury too

Last edited:

ccfchoi87

Is a goal defined by its context? Thomas’ goal won us the checkatrade. Any goal at Notts County or Wembley contributed to promotion. Surely they rank above any other goal this decade? Or are we ranking on the goal alone?

harvey098

Biamou probably has three in the top 10

Vs Yeovil
Vs Swindon (my favourite)
Vs Peterborough

That’s without his two overhead kicks against Notts County and Cheltenham

Gint11

I thought shipleys rocket free kick away at Luton was decent too

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Biamou probably has three in the top 10

Vs Yeovil
Vs Swindon (my favourite)
Vs Peterborough

That’s without his two overhead kicks against Notts County and Cheltenham

Peterborough goal was great but don’t think it makes the top 10 of the decade personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

Someone mentioned that Godden’s fourth at Wycombe could be the “goal of the decade”
It was a great goal but I’m not sure it would even crack the top ten.
I’ll start by nominating Franck Moussa’s chip against Leyton Orient . His thunderbolts against Port Vale and Preston the same season are also right up there.
Any other nominations?
Any goal by Max!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

My son 12 year old thinks either

Doyle against Wycombe
George Thomas against oxford
Fleck long distance side foot
Max overhead against Notts county

MatthewWallis

There was a goal David Bell scored away at Preston that I thought was really good at the time but I can’t find a video anywhere!

Johhny Blue

Correct!

Don Hutchinson away at Leeds was a pisser but perhaps more than a decade ago.

I thought about the bell goal when I started the thread. Carl Baker scored an overhead kick the same season that was unusual as the ball came to him from in front rather than across his body

Lord_Nampil

For the limbs Aaron Phillips goal away at wolves was pretty special ended up 4 rows in front of where I was standing!!

robbiekeane

This top bloke has made a Twitter thread with all of the goals people have replied saying could be in with a shout:

PurpleBin

Grimmer at Wembley. The moment.

I was on the Sky Coverage as they came back from the adverts at half time as well.

Users who are viewing this thread