Goal Music (1 Viewer)

peeler

CCFC are asking on twitter for peoples views on music when a goal is scored.

Personally I can't see an issue with it, when they used to play Chelsea Dagger, everyone around me used to stand up and pump their arms in the air.

As far as I can see it adds to the atmosphere.

Ian1779

At the Euro's they play Seven Nation Army after a goal... (I think that's what it is at least)

Don't mind it at all.

ccfcrob

there's no need for it, i prefer it when the celebrations die down and we belt out Play Up Sky Blues! Nothing beats that

covcity4life

7 nation army
kasabian im on fire is a personal fav but thats leicesters bag
could copy the stanley cup winning pittsburgh penguins and play "lets get a party started"
i liked in wiorld cup 2006 when "feel the love nation" or wehatever its called was played after every goal

or of course no goal music, keep it natural like the old days

Sky Blue Kid

Might be my memory playing tricks on me but, didn't we back in the 60's play "Bits and pieces" or "Glad all over " after scoring a goal?

torchomatic

Music not needed.

peeler

Might be my memory playing tricks on me but, didn't we back in the 60's play "Bits and pieces" or "Glad all over " after scoring a goal?

When I went to Port Vale a couple of seasons ago, didn't they play 'Glad All Over' when they scored?

Anyway I though it sounded impressive and had the affect of galvanizing their support as one.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its palace that play "glad all over" aint it?

.....but then again, they also have cheer leaders & a laughable section called the "ultras"........

I had a fair bit of time for palace fans when I lived in sarf laandaaan for a while back in the day.....shame they've become a bit of a joke....

peeler

Its palace that play "glad all over" aint it?

.....but then again, they also have cheer leaders & a laughable section called the "ultras"........

I had a fair bit of time for palace fans when I lived in sarf laandaaan for a while back in the day.....shame they've become a bit of a joke....

Wiki, not to be relied on, but they say Rotherham United, Port Vale and Swindon Town all use 'Glad All Over'

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

When I went to Port Vale a couple of seasons ago, didn't they play 'Glad All Over' when they scored?

Anyway I though it sounded impressive and had the affect of galvanizing their support as one.
Back in the 60's they played ' Glad All Over ' at Highfield Road all the time and I know I'm sowing my age I was there, your right it does galvanise the fans. PUSB. :)

Last edited:

skybluepm2

Something either unique or relevant perhaps but not that cringey cheesy bollocks Chelsea Dagger. It's about 15 years old for a start. Not even lower league small mentality clubs do this anymore.. Oh wait.

Malaka

I'm pretty sure that we used to play a few bars of lets all sing together when we scored. In some sort of electronic music (not a Stylophone). It might be good on an electric guitair

ccfcrob

I'm pretty sure that we used to play a few bars of lets all sing together when we scored. In some sort of electronic music (not a Stylophone). It might be good on an electric guitair
Highfield Road mid 90's, I have to admit that was pretty cool!

Great_Expectations

I don't mind goal music, but it has to be right and galvanise the crowd - ideally something everyone can chant/shout along to. I hate Chelsea dagger - bad memories of shit seasons.

Surprised nobody has gone contemporary - "insert strikers name"'s on fire....

I'm sure we won't be sick of it by the end of the Euros.

peeler

I don't mind goal music, but it has to be right and galvanise the crowd - ideally something everyone can chant/shout along to. I hate Chelsea dagger - bad memories of shit seasons.

Surprised nobody has gone contemporary - "insert strikers name"'s on fire....

I'm sure we won't be sick of it by the end of the Euros.

Once we get a striker......... Mind you I'm getting a little fed up with that chant already

Users who are viewing this thread