GMK (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I do have a log in for SB Talk but haven't used it for years I posted probably around 5 times in all, (having now checked it isn’t active and doesn’t work). The transition from GMK to SBT is something I don’t really want to comment in depth on.

What does that mean?

usskyblue

I am pleased to have given you so much with so little. Beneath me? No, just didn’t find it funny on the whole.

GMK was part Coventry City, part troll-fest, part total bollox ...you either ‘got-it’ or you didn’t...but it was way more avant-garde than some give it credit for because it was always more of a movement, than a fucking tribute.

It wasn’t vanilla for a reason m8

Bumberclart

I did hear a rumour that SkyBlueSundae (the lass from Sheffield) had passed away.
She came out drinking with me and TallPaulHall once in Barnsley and scared my Barnsley mates to death.

TPH was a top lad. Scouse accent but Cov through and through,

NortonSkyBlue

GMK was part Coventry City, part troll-fest, part total bollox ...you either ‘got-it’ or you didn’t...but it was way more avant-garde than some give it credit for because it was always more of a movement, than a fucking tribute.

It wasn’t vanilla for a reason m8
What complete and utter bollocks, it was a Coventry city forum that got hijacked by adults behaving like imbeciles. Murked, eleventy billion.... avant garde? Was it fuck.....movement? Yes it was by and large shit. Thank god it bit the dust and no I am not your m8, are you twelve?

Liquid Gold

What complete and utter bollocks, it was a Coventry city forum that got hijacked by adults behaving like imbeciles. Murked, eleventy billion.... avant garde? Was it fuck.....movement? Yes it was by and large shit. Thank god it bit the dust and no I am not your m8, are you twelve?
Enter a post about a board you’re not interested in to tell everybody you didn’t like it and then argue what it was all about.

You keep having a normal one.

Mcbean

don't hold back :) - was it fun - if you went along with it yes and bollocks to the rest

usskyblue

Fuckinell, it wasn’t for you...no need for a full-on flounce about it. It’s not my fault you’re so fucking easily offended.

Perhaps you should take your crepe-thin skin off the thread before you bleed out? ...m8

Fergusons_Beard

I never got the love in for GMK. I found it purile to be honest.
I thought it was a Coventry City forum but it evolved to a group of like minded juveniles.
Eleventy billion, which still raises it head on here, went from mildly amusing with a telescope to cringe very quickly and Bob bones and the like....do me a favour.
Lamented? Not by me. This site is better in every way IMO.

The irony is Riyadh that this board is full to the brim of ex GMKers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fergusons_Beard

I did hear a rumour that SkyBlueSundae (the lass from Sheffield) had passed away.
She came out drinking with me and TallPaulHall once in Barnsley and scared my Barnsley mates to death.

TPH was a top lad. Scouse accent but Cov through and through,

TPH! Great Lad!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blind-Faith

Wouldn’t it be great to find a rivals site and set up a game against them , like the gmk days. Once this Covid stuffs out the way , I might actually take part this time!

CovInEssex

I remember getting trolled on GMK. Proper had me over. I'm sure Knowl or someone was in on it as well.

I was posting about something or other and someone called me a c*** etc so I PM'd them asking if they'd like to meet up. Then they posted a thread saying I'd been threatening them (screenshots included) and I logged in and found out I was banned. It's funny now.

Can also remember someone so casually posting "Eastern Europeans in general are scum" and then defending themselves over it relentlessly haha.

Ring Of Steel

I remember getting trolled on GMK. Proper had me over. I'm sure Knowl or someone was in on it as well.

I was posting about something or other and someone called me a c*** etc so I PM'd them asking if they'd like to meet up. Then they posted a thread saying I'd been threatening them (screenshots included) and I logged in and found out I was banned. It's funny now.

Can also remember someone so casually posting "Eastern Europeans in general are scum" and then defending themselves over it relentlessly haha.

GMK was so advanced in the dark arts of trolling that there was actually a shadowy organisation known as The GMK Vikings, who used a separate forum to plan their various co-ordinated attacks on people- who’d play what role, who’d say what and what new ‘characters’ were going to be introduced

Otis

Was that Sarajevo Sami?

Otis

I would have cut up the halftime oranges, but I am worried I might find them too sexy.

Travs

Leicester's Bentleys Roof board is still very active, and i think were part of the rivals network (now seem to be part of the Fans Online network, which the West Terrace board was/is still clinging onto life on...)

They talk often of the GMK days, and i know they used to have regular meetups and matches. I know Christonabike posts on Bentleys occasionally, as do i on the very rare occasion, perhaps one or two others do too...

NorthernWisdom

Was funny coming over here and finding all the most rabidly pro-Sisu types such as Ginetta and VOR werebwere again anti-Sisu fanatics who accused those who'd never liked them like myself and Northern of being pro-Sisu.

Was always good putting links up to what they'd said in the past..
Voice_of_reason being particularly adept at walking into it time after time

Users who are viewing this thread