Glastonbury (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Liam Gallagher is now becoming a caricature of himself. It's like that Kevin and Perry sketch where they went all Manc when they got home from watching Oasis.
It's sad to see a clapped out , prematurely aged hanger-on still thinking he looks good snarling and having "attitude" wherever he goes when he can barely catch his breath between words.

clint van damme

Liam Gallagher is now becoming a caricature of himself. It's like that Kevin and Perry sketch where they went all Manc when they got home from watching Oasis.
It's sad to see a clapped out , prematurely aged hanger-on still thinking he looks good snarling and having "attitude" wherever he goes when he can barely catch his breath between words.

Remove the prematurely aged and clapped out from your post and you've just described my son

bringbackrattles

Liam was poor I thought and the Killers are just a decent pop band. Saturday night headliners should be Metallica , Foo Fighters or similar rock music.

clint van damme

Went to see Prodigy instead that night. Just after they’d released Invaders Must Die. Brilliant set.

I only ever saw them once, Bestival 2010, straight after went to another stage and Lcd Soundsytem played, 2-3 hours top quality live music, what a night!

fernandopartridge

Radio 1 have been going on about the Stormzy set all morning. Biblical is the latest description. Everyone's raving about it apparently. I watched a little bit but certainly wasn't blown away.
Radio 1 like most media is commissioned and delivered by middle class people who get excited by seeing a black person talking street, it's so far away from their ordinary terms of reference, like many in the crowd at Glastonbury (Glasto if you like)

clint van damme

Pretty much sums up these Vegan lot. Same as the save the planet protesters, hypocrites.

*I appreciate its not a genuine headline, but it is true.

"Alright mate, fancy Glastonbury this year, a load of us going, some decent bands and we'll have great craic"

"Brilliant, count me in"

"I've got to warn you though, it's on a dairy farm and they'll be vegans there, smacks of hypocrisy".

"Ok then, I thi k I'll leave it".

SBAndy

Waiting for Chemical Brothers coverage to finish so I can watch the whole set on iPlayer.

Mcbean

Great thread team laughed like a drain - I think it’s overrated - some of the surprise acts have been brill like Tom Jones but it’s become too fuckin difficult to get a ticket - much prefer a rock gig with one act - anyone in daylight gets no real atmosphere with no lights etc BBC radios Jo Whiley annoys me so much with her continual blather !

Sky_Blue_Daz

Who else would you like to see in the “legends slot “
I think Elton John would be a good shout

My wife suggested ABBA

Sky_Blue_Daz

Thinking about I know they aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but I think The saw doctors would do a great set

Users who are viewing this thread