Glasgow (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Classic example of waiting for real news though.

Old days this probably wouldn’t even be news for a couple of days. No more dangerous now than it used to be. Gift and a curse the tinterweb
To be fair, I was getting it from actual news places rather than randoms.

hill83

“Understands” being a get out of jail free clause.

I understand that you are a ballbag.

hill83

Sounds like someone went tonto at the reception, still I await the all crime is terror squad to arrive.

giphy.gif

OffenhamSkyBlue

Funny how the seemingly random slaying of three people (who may or may not have been known to the suspect, i don't know) gets a lot of press, unlike the tragic mowing-down and killing of three members of the same family by someone who was pissed at the wheel in Cumbria earlier this week.

hill83

I get where you are coming from (i think) but it’s not strange though really is it. People die in car crashes every day. Same reason we aren’t getting daily updates of people dying from heart attacks since mid March.

Nick

Administrator
I do like the "was just some angry bloke at reception" approach. I usually just threaten trip advisor.

David O'Day

Funny how the seemingly random slaying of three people (who may or may not have been known to the suspect, i don't know) gets a lot of press, unlike the tragic mowing-down and killing of three members of the same family by someone who was pissed at the wheel in Cumbria earlier this week.

It's sensationalism that sells

jimmyhillsfanclub

It's also increasingly fake news that sells....and the blurred lines between social and mainstream media is a major concern...

....I've recently been re-reading orwells essays for the first time since I was a floppy haired indie kid....as relevant and pertinent today as klein and chomsky

clint van damme

It's also increasingly fake news that sells....and the blurred lines between social and mainstream media is a major concern...

....I've recently been re-reading orwells essays for the first time since I was a floppy haired indie kid....as relevant and pertinent today as klein and chomsky

No logo is the simplest blueprint for change I've ever read. Unfortunaely hardly any fucker will read it

jimmyhillsfanclub

No logo is the simplest blueprint for change I've ever read. Unfortunaely hardly any fucker will read it

Highly recommended her latest "no is not enough" .....which highlights how all the issues raised (but not addressed) in no logo and the processes described in "shock doctrine" have lead us to a point where the corporate takeover of democracy is complete....and trump is in the whitehouse

clint van damme

Highly recommended her latest "no is not enough" .....which highlights how all the issues raised (but not addressed) in no logo and the processes described in "shock doctrine" have lead us to a point where the corporate takeover of democracy is complete....and trump is in the whitehouse

Got Moneyland to get into next then Don Winslows power of the dog trilogy.
That lot will take me a while but I'll stick it on my least.

jimmyhillsfanclub

How do you like moneyland....its 2nd from top on my bedside pile to read....

...yep....I've been married a long time:emoji_rolling_eyes:

clint van damme

How do you like moneyland....its 2nd from top on my bedside pile to read....

...yep....I've been married a long time:emoji_rolling_eyes:

Got bought it for father's day. Not started it yet. Listened to a couple of podcasts with Olliver Bullough though and it sounds really interesting but we'll see.

David O'Day

Ignoring two of the cities most famous institutions imported sectarian violence rooted in the 17th century

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

If you are on about the Football teams then to be fair the Sectarian tensions weren't imported by them, they just became totems for it.

fernandopartridge

If you are on about the Football teams then to be fair the Sectarian tensions weren't imported by them, they just became totems for it.
Yes that's a fair point. Actually they exported the problem via the implantation and then became totems for it back home!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

Anyone else find it funny how no attempts are being made by the media to name the attacker? They fucking would if it was regarded as terrorism.
And the decision to shoot him may well have been taken because the default assumption was he was a terrorist. I'd have thought a Taser would be just as an effective way of taking down someone with a knife.
Of course, i wasn't there so can't know all the circumstances. It would not surprise me if the police have a stronger desire to shoot someone when "one of their own" has been a victim ...
Remember the Thames Valley copper last week stopped a knife-wielding maniac with a rugby tackle!

Nick

Administrator
He was unhappy at living conditions in a hotel he didn't pay a penny to stay in. Alright for some.

Not sure if the issue about shooting him, may well have caused more damage if not.

OffenhamSkyBlue

(Genuinely sorry for interrupting your interesting discussion on sectarian politics and related violence, but this was on my mind overnight)

Nick

Administrator
TBF, i think they'd been rounded up and locked away!
Hardly locked away, they weren't in a prison. It was a hotel that if there was no Corona people would be paying to stay in.

WiFi signal is bad, let's stab some people.

Will be interesting to see how the blame is the government's and not that ungrateful c**t.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Video on the news of an asylum seeker in there. Moaning it's like a prison because they only get their meals at set times and theres no air con.

Trying to say why the bloke was angry, it's fucking unreal.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Video on the news of an asylum seeker in there. Moaning it's like a prison because they only get their meals at set times and theres no air con.

Trying to say why the bloke was angry, it's fucking unreal.

This the part of asylum that bugs me - if you're claiming asylum then you must have to be in a position that your life in your own country is so untenable you fear for your life. If that's the case moaning about being put up in a hotel and having meals at set times seems very minor in comparison and unbelievably ungrateful.

It's the one thing that makes go down the "you could always go home?' route. Buy them a plane ticket, give them a ride to the airport and wave bye-bye.

Users who are viewing this thread