Glasgow (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Multiple stabbings in the city centre.

The world is fucking shit.

OffenhamSkyBlue

At risk of opening up old wounds, there are many on Twitter suggesting they know it's a terrorist attack. No word either way from anyone in authority. Witness reports of "ambulance crews in hazmat suits", which is probably anti-Covid PPE, in all likelihood.

Nick

Administrator
Im not going to mention the T word just yet but it doesn't look good.

I won't comment but hope everybody is OK as much as they can be :(

fernandopartridge

3 stabbings on Bournemouth beach yesterday. Britain has got so many problems and so many of them can be traced back to the annihilation of state capacity over 40 years and most notably over the last 10.

OffenhamSkyBlue

3 stabbings on Bournemouth beach yesterday. Britain has got so many problems and so many of them can be traced back to the annihilation of state capacity over 40 years and most notably over the last 10.

I'm not sure i understand what that means, FP! I consider myself intelligent, but only in science, so politics and philosophy are a bit alien to me. Could you explain? We used to just say "Bloody Thatcher" - is that pretty much it??

Nick

Administrator
Reporting that "several" people are dead and the attacker has been shot by police.

OffenhamSkyBlue

According to reports, it has happened in the Park Inn (a delightful chain of hotels just a few notches down from Travelodge), which is currently used to house large numbers of asylum seekers.
I am not making ANY inference as to the underlying or immediate causes of the incident, just stating what is being reported.
The assailant appears to have been shot dead by police. Other casualties (including stabbing of a police officer), but nothing confirmed by anyone in authority.

shmmeee

Have the terrorists been sat around waiting for lockdown to finish? Three months of isolation and web usage probably doesn’t help deradicalise I’d guess. Assuming it is terrorism of course.

Philosorapter

Well I was going to take a trip into town today but thats just been cancelled.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Anyone seen that "mass brawl" last night on the beach at Ogmore, in South Wales? Looked like town (or even football) rivalry, but it could have been travellers from the look of a lot of them.

Nick

Administrator
According to reports, it has happened in the Park Inn (a delightful chain of hotels just a few notches down from Travelodge), which is currently used to house large numbers of asylum seekers.
I am not making ANY inference as to the underlying or immediate causes of the incident, just stating what is being reported.
The assailant appears to have been shot dead by police. Other casualties (including stabbing of a police officer), but nothing confirmed by anyone in authority.

giphy.gif

Philosorapter

The response is not the same as you would see as a normal stabbing in Glasgow, if there is such a thing. This is something more than that.

Coincidentally, I was at the High Court in Glasgow earlier on in the year for jury service on a murder caused by a stabbing.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Hang the bastard who did this. Slowly.

derbyskyblue

Awful news, it makes you wonder if anywhere is safe. We take the grandson with us shopping or just a walk round a park , in this day and age i keep thinking is it wise to do so.

derbyskyblue

Don’t be silly. The list of more dangerous things than terrorists includes biscuits and step ladders. Don’t change anything and don’t live in fear.
I know what you mean, i just worry for the wife and grandkids. Your propably right though.

hill83

Awful news, it makes you wonder if anywhere is safe. We take the grandson with us shopping or just a walk round a park , in this day and age i keep thinking is it wise to do so.

I genuinely wouldn’t change anything that you do or worry about it. I’ve had a cousin killed with an axe and my dad was almost murdered with a hammer. Still go where I want to go without fear.

LastGarrison

I genuinely wouldn’t change anything that you do or worry about it. I’ve had a cousin killed with an axe and my dad was almost murdered with a hammer. Still go where I want to go without fear.
Yes but would you risk eating two pink wafers at once??

Users who are viewing this thread