Gillingham match thread (4 Viewers)

James Smith

My phone ran out of juice at work and I've been unable to post anything until now when I've got back from the pub drowning my sorrows and found a charger. What the Feck happened today? The only chance I had to check the score was before the break and we were one up. It's not even that we lost which I've sadly come to accept as likely under Elvis. It's the manner in which we lost today which really sucks, last ten minutes of the game and we go to pot. What the hell are we doing, why can't we take a goal advantage and capitalise on it instead of just sitting on the lead and hoping nothing bad happens like a goal.

If we don't go down this season then I'm going to count it as a result because I think it's looking ominously likely if we continue in this vein. How fecking depressing is that.

Gazolba

What the Feck happened today? The only chance I had to check the score was before the break and we were one up. It's not even that we lost which I've sadly come to accept as likely under Elvis.
Once again we only played for 45 mins. We had one forced substitution due to injury and one due to exhaustion. So SP was forced into ineffective subs due to the weak bench (3 youngsters). Of course, well before that we would have added to our first goal if we had half-decent strikers.

CJ_covblaze

Is this CJ off here on the phone in now?

Yeah it was. Like the other callers I think I did very well to not use any expletives to describe that shower.

CJ_covblaze

He's gotta go tony! ( in a broad Brummie accent).

Search for Jasper Carrot's set that involved him. I find it nearly as funny as the opposition find our defending.

1966skyblue

Unbelievable, Webster at fault for goal 1 and 3 again. Poor attempt at tackle on first goal and bottled challenging for the ball after Fleck's header in midfield. If Pressley stays and keeps picking him we will go down. Worried that Pressley can't see it. Does he not review the video.

stupot07

Where the hell was haynes for the third? Their player is attacking right where the left back should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Where the hell was haynes for the third? Their player is attacking right where the left back should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
He was pushing up high trying to equalise, you can see come back into the camera frame.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

That little bloke had space every time, and caused problems whenever he got the ball. Only time Haynes recovered well was when he conceded the pen

Nonleagueherewecome

You see him jogging back into the picture towards the bottom of the screen. I assume that he went on an overlap as we tried to attack and was caught out by the counter, which is maybe to be expected when you're 2 down with minutes to go.

stupot07

You see him jogging back into the picture towards the bottom of the screen. I assume that he went on an overlap as we tried to attack and was caught out by the counter, which is maybe to be expected when you're 2 down with minutes to go.

Yeah as I guessed....but then you can't really hammer webster when he's left totally exposed trying to keep shape between him and martin rather than committing too early and leaving a massive gap between them. He should have done better with the first mind.

It looks as though haynes got the ball for the pen, but you can't really see from that angle whether he's made contact with the player or ball first.

SkyBlueSid

He was pushing up high trying to equalise, you can see come back into the camera frame.

The third goal was irrelevant really. You can't blame anyone for being caught upfield when you are chasing the game in injury time. I can recall occasions when I've criticised them for NOT chasing a game when a goal down late on at the Ricoh, as if they are playing for a one goal defeat.

The real problem was the abject capitulation from a winning position in the last 10 minutes. We never seem to be able to run the clock down and shut out a game, which is down to poor coaching, and very possibly a lack of fitness.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The third goal was irrelevant really. You can't blame anyone for being caught upfield when you are chasing the game in injury time. I can recall occasions when I've criticised them for NOT chasing a game when a goal down late on at the Ricoh, as if they are playing for a one goal defeat.

The real problem was the abject capitulation from a winning position in the last 10 minutes. We never seem to be able to run the clock down and shut out a game, which is down to poor coaching, and very possibly a lack of fitness.

May not be a popular opinion but I think we missed Thomas in the last 15 minutes.

Grendel

That little bloke had space every time, and caused problems whenever he got the ball. Only time Haynes recovered well was when he conceded the pen

Haynes can't defend. If Johnson is not going to figure much more we need a left back.

He's one of the poorest full backs we've had for some time.

The Reverend Skyblue

It's nice to know that on two of the general football forum sites I go on the many Gills fans voted us as the worst side to visit Priestfield this season by a long way. Disjointed at the back and clueless and toothless going forward were the main comments

Most thought relegation a certainty

oh dear it's not just us who think we are crap

hill83

Don't worry. We've got the best striker since relegation in Simeon Jackson. Armchair Mourinho said.

Gazolba

It's nice to know that on two of the general football forum sites I go on the many Gills fans voted us as the worst side to visit Priestfield this season by a long way. Disjointed at the back and clueless and toothless going forward were the main comments

Most thought relegation a certainty

oh dear it's not just us who think we are crap

But then we have also had several opposing managers say we are the best side they have faced this season.

stupot07

But then we have also had several opposing managers say we are the best side they have faced this season.

How do we know that the opposing managers aren't saying the same about every team they beat? To be honest we've been that poor this season, i can't believe any manager would sincerely say we are the best side they have faced this season.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread