Gillingham (Home) Match Thread (4 Viewers)

covcity4life

would love a win but not losing is still big,we dont wanna derail optimism predict a win though saying that

3-1 or 5-0

lifeskyblue

Tough game...who can score most and will either defence be able to cut out silly mistakes. I think we can win this by the odd goal in 5. I think Samuel might score but have never rated McDonald (so he is bound to get one). Armstrong, Murphy and fleck for us.
13,750 crowd
But a draw will still be an ok result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hill83

Like last time we need to do good kicks and running and get the ball into their goal and keep it out of our goal.

skybluelee

Gillingham's form is only ok and we have been sensational at home. Spoilt for choice in terms of selection, suspect our bench would walk into any other L1 first XI. The biggest crowd since the Gillingham game last season. All City fans buzzing and counting down the hours to KO.

0-1.

jimmyhillsfanclub

0-0 thriller....

missed penalty for us, red card for them, 20+ shots each, 12999 gate

....& rain.....oohh the rain.....it beats down so hard that it makes your head bleed.......

mark82

Tut tut....what idiot has started another match thread?

whats wrong with the other one?.....wait till the forum owner or one of the mods gets here.....some folks just don't get how to use a forum.....fuckwits...

....oh...hang on..

Think this is the thread that gets automatically created before each match.

Ranjit Bhurpa

it was only v northampton that mowbray was saying we were down to the bare bones

all of a sudden it is a totally different issue in terms of who to leave out

Going out of the Cup will have been a small price to pay if it has accelerated the need for re-inforcements at CB, RB and CM.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Mowbray's going to have one hell of a headache picking a team for Saturday....:confused:

I personally would keep the back 4 the same.
Flecky and Vince sitting as usual or do you give Biggi a start?
Do you risk playing cole even tho he's not 100%?
Murphy has to start after last week.

JOB in behind Arma, with Kent and Murphy either side?

Or Cole at CAM with Kent and Murphy either side? - Id prefer cole to play just because he has the potential to clip another 35 yarder in with incredible ease!

Either way we'll need to defend properly, this will be the toughest test we've had this season. Can't have another repeat of Barnsley

Also if TM has a headache in selecting the matchday squad, imagine the problems Gillingham will have in trying to predict our squad and formation to play against.

skyblueinBaku

Like last time we need to do good kicks and running and get the ball into their goal and keep it out of our goal.

Hill, don't forget that we need to do good ball heading, too.

Ranjit Bhurpa

Looks like the telegraph have picked up on the hype, saying it is a big weekend for the Ricoh Arena because........

......... Wasps are playing Toulon

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/big-weekend-ricoh-staff-wasps-10459789

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS - this really pisses me off. Do these hacks at the Wasps Telegraph not think before they publish of the likely reaction from their readership??

It wouldn't have been difficult to put a more pro CCFC slant on this with 1st playing 2nd rather than some poxy rugby tournament. Where's Simon Gilbert when you need him?

ready_96

Two big games this weekend then. least we have first dibbs on the grass haha

Personally i think gillingham will come here and park the bus on the edge of there own 18 yard box, try to make us commit to many players forward and then look to hit us on the counter attack

Sky Blue Pete

Not long got mine, difficult to get 2 seats together in East Stand. Staff in Club Shop said tickets sales very good.

Note on Facebook

Sky Blue Pete

Ok so assume 4-2-3-1

Charles-Cook
Ricketts
Stokes
Turner
Martin
Vincelot
Fleck
Murphy
Job
Kent
Armstrong

Bench

Bigi
Burge
Phillips
Haynes
Fortune
Lameiras
Tudgay

Assuming no Cole

Att 14500 at least I hope

2-1

shmmeee

3-2 thriller. Cole, Murphy, Turner to score, Turner's a last minute winner from a corner.

Samuel and some other bloke on loan to score for them.

Pundits explode.

13k crowd.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
We win i think we can push on ill go for 2-1 if not a 1-1 draw a loss wouldnt be a huge set back but would put a dent in confidence and id rather us try pull away a small bit then be in mix with 4th and 5th for a change ha.

ccfcmad1

Apparently tickets selling well around 9k sold not including Gillingham sales think they'll bring 1k at most should be 14k+, 3-2 city anouther goal fest PUSB

Steve.B50

At the SCG last night the club said they are expecting a gate of just over 14,000 on Saturday.

We all need to encourage as many people to get up the Ricoh and see what they are missing.

James Smith

Whilst I'm (always) hoping for a win this is one of those games where I would settle for a draw here. Found out I was owed an extra day of holiday so there was a minute chance I might have been able to make this match. Plus a mate had a spare ticket, but I now can't have that day off due to work being short staffed this weekend. I will be following the action on here and the Telegraph website though. I will be spending my holiday day Christmas Shopping I've been told :(
I hope RCC is back and fully fit......

Great_Expectations

If Cole is fit I would like to see him get a substantial run out. I think it's fair to say he has been a little anti climatic so far - this is the perfect opportunity for him to truly make his mark.

Gint11

What sales are we looking at? East stand? Which stand is that? The closed one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Just been online to get a few tickets in block 16 and could not get one in the top half.

For previous games I have been able to have a choice of an awful lot of seats there on Friday or Saturday mornings.

Users who are viewing this thread