Gillingham (h) to be moved (1 Viewer)

skybluestu01

Would need work on the pitch and new stands to 3 sides- has 1 decent stand, but plenty of potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

There is a 5 year contract to host the Multiplay event. The contract was completed during the time CCFC were at Sixfields. The club etc will have been made aware of the booking before they came back, and most likely the FL will know.

The 3 day event itself takes over all the exhibition space, the various bars & restaurants and much (all) of the car park space (last time a large marquee tent was erected in car park A). The gamers are allowed to camp on site. It wouldn't be possible to share the site for a match or other events. There is also set up/take down time to consider

Still a couple of years on the contract left

Is it true that they mock up the inside to be like a bachelors bedroom? Curtains drawn and massive empty pot noodles everywhere.

chiefdave

Would need work on the pitch and new stands to 3 sides- has 1 decent stand, but plenty of potential

The Butts is an ideal location, 15 min walk from the train station and of course right next to the city centre. With 3 sides open could fairly easily and quickly be upgraded to something in the region of 10-15K capacity using temporary stands.

However as a long term solution I'm not sure there's enough free space to get much above 15K. Even that might not be possible now as isn't some of the land around it already being developed.

Isn't it also owned by CCC?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think its a 99 year lease that CRFC own but CCC own the freehold.

All sorts of problems with this idea.

By the time you get the stands up temporary or otherwise that's going to remove a lot of the parking. Not sure what the planning ratio is for stadiums but I can not see there being enough space to comply

At present I would think the ground is well short of FL regulation standard and I agree that I cant see there being enough room to cater for any expansion over 10 or 12k. does that mean we are thinking small as a club, thinking we have found our level or would it mean build another ground later - that sounds an expensive way of doing things. How could would this BPA be future proofed. Yes I know Bournemouth had a small ground and succeeded but they also had a major sugar daddy type of investor to go with it.

If we did do it and then moved out would CCFC be putting CRFC in an impossible and unaffordable position? Could threaten their existence

Present ground there would be problems with crowd segregation.

Where do the other incomes from executive boxes etc come from. Would there be room for significant conference or restaurant facilities

If the ground as a whole to be redeveloped doesn't that mean CRFC might be homeless for a period of time

The pitch itself would be a major issue and require major investment

The infra structure around the area would need significant improvement. Its ok dealing with 1 or 2 thousand but 9, 10 or 11 thousand ?? Who would pay for that how does it fit with other infra structure planned

Floodlights would need improving which could be a problem for the high rise residents close by

How close can you actually build to a railway line?

The site works as it is yes but increase crowd size by a factor of 5 and I am not sure it would

Where is the finance coming from ? wouldn't we be doing what we are now ....... renting off a rugby club

What are the existing plans for the area and would a larger stadium fit in with that?

SISU are going to have to deal with CCC something they have repeatedly said they will not ...... and the feeling appears mutual

Just do not see it happening as it stands

lewys33

Butts is a non starter. Only big enough for *maybe* 12k all seater, and like previously stated - there would then be no parking and the roads/infrastructure would not cope. The car parking could go underground but that is extremely expensive.

CJ_covblaze

Butts is a non starter. Only big enough for *maybe* 12k all seater, and like previously stated - there would then be no parking and the roads/infrastructure would not cope. The car parking could go underground but that is extremely expensive.

Wouldn't an underground carpark cause the stadium to be structurally unsafe due to the size of certain attendees?

skybluestu01

I think there are more questions than answers as raised by oldskyblue58 - but if the Arena is making the situation untenable for CCFC and they need to be out at the end of this next season then there are limited options with Butts being one of them to consider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

I heard something around this about a week ago but It was suggested more about approaching for training / development/ youth games
However that wouldn't require JS's attendance and the pitch would need an upgrade
It was also suggested all three parties have been Communicating.

fernandopartridge

I heard something around this about a week ago but It was suggested more about approaching for training / development/ youth games
However that wouldn't require JS's attendance and the pitch would need an upgrade
It was also suggested all three parties have been Communicating.

Which 3 parties?

Grendel

heard it here first.

Multiplay are holding their tri-annual gaming convention on that weekend.

It seems we heard it wrong - no moving the fixture apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread