Gillingham (h) to be moved (1 Viewer)

nerdygeek

heard it here first.

Multiplay are holding their tri-annual gaming convention on that weekend.

lewys33

I hate stereotypes. But everyone should go to the ricoh tesco that weekend. It's quite a sight.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

heard it here first.

Multiplay are holding their tri-annual gaming convention on that weekend.

the stadium should be able to support both events isnt that what it was designed for just means car park A will probably be out of action same as last season when that big fuck off tent was on it (rather there then killing our pitch)

Grendel

Can clubs move fixtures at random? I'm sure Davis Cup and Florence and the Machine have been in the Hall same time as a game is on.

AJB1983

Probably booked before they knew the football club were coming back.
And just being picky here but it's not our pitch is it, it's Wasps....

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
There is a 5 year contract to host the Multiplay event. The contract was completed during the time CCFC were at Sixfields. The club etc will have been made aware of the booking before they came back, and most likely the FL will know.

The 3 day event itself, if it is same size, takes over all the exhibition space, the various bars & restaurants and much (all) of the car park space (last time a large marquee tent was erected in car park A). The gamers are allowed to camp on site. It wouldn't be possible to share the site for a match or other events. There is also set up/take down time to consider

Still a couple of years on the contract left

Last edited:

Otis

Can clubs move fixtures at random? I'm sure Davis Cup and Florence and the Machine have been in the Hall same time as a game is on.

That does surprise me. Never knew the ardent tennis faithful were also Florence and the Machine fans. Nice idea to combine the 2 into 1.

pusbccfc

The last event didn't use anything in the stadium bowl, so I reckon the game will go ahead.

TakeMeHome

They haven't even.moved the Southend game yet. I went last time and alot of the walking too and from different bits was via the concourses, so can't see them wanting to mix the crowds.

skybluestu01

The Arena can earn more money through non footballing activities than from the sky blues - there has been no announcement on hospitality deals for the next season yet as the arena won't make facilities available to the football club as they have been booked out to other events. We are being squeezed out of Ricoh...no surprise then to see senior SISU officials visiting another Coventry sporting arena couple of weeks ago as future at Ricoh is bleak beyond this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

The Arena can earn more money through non footballing activities than from the sky blues - there has been no announcement on hospitality deals for the next season yet as the arena won't make facilities available to the football club as they have been booked out to other events. We are being squeezed out of Ricoh...no surprise then to see senior SISU officials visiting another Coventry sporting arena couple of weeks ago as future at Ricoh is bleak beyond this season.

Can it though? How did that work out for them last time?

skybluestu01

Be interesting to know how much CCFC paying in stadium rental for a season and how much they can earn from a weekends gaming festival? I am lead to be believe they are similar amounts in terms of revenue to Arena.

AJB1983

Pitch should cope better now it's a hybrid pitch (same as twickenham).
One reason the pitch wasn't great last season was there wasn't enough recovery time between the last gaming festival and the first game back.

mark82

Utter rubbish. Fixtures were only announced last week.

Grendel

Pitch should cope better now it's a hybrid pitch (same as twickenham).
One reason the pitch wasn't great last season was there wasn't enough recovery time between the last gaming festival and the first game back.

They don't use the pitch.....

Grendel

Gaz71

I think it was the insomnia event which was held on the pitch last year and that was when we were playing at sixfields

skybluestu01

Utter rubbish. Fixtures were only announced last week.

The hospitality package deals were supposed to be announced last Wednesday - the football club do not have access to the various lounges traditionally used for hospitality packages as they have been booked for other events and as a result are unable to offer the range of hospitality deals they want to. I also know for certain that two senior SISU people were looking around another stadium in Coventry only a couple of weeks ago.

Terry Gibson's perm

The hospitality package deals were supposed to be announced last Wednesday - the football club do not have access to the various lounges traditionally used for hospitality packages as they have been booked for other events and as a result are unable to offer the range of hospitality deals they want to. I also know for certain that two senior SISU people were looking around another stadium in Coventry only a couple of weeks ago.

do we take it then it was the Butts unless we are going to start playing on the ice;)

skybluestu01

Yep TF & JS were being shown round the Butts 3 weeks ago. Playing on ice is maybe an interesting idea, would give us home advantage.

armybike

Yep TF & JS were being shown round the Butts 3 weeks ago. Playing on ice is maybe an interesting idea, would give us home advantage.

So CCFC want to sell 6000 season tickets and then move to a 3000 seat stadium?

ccfcway

down to the final few choices. An announcement in the new year. Owning our own stadium is priority.

Terry Gibson's perm

Maybe they think they can distress them and pick it up on the cheap. I went past today on the Nuneaton to Coventry train and it looks a tidy little ground never been inside as I don't like Rugby

skybluestu01

My understanding is they see no long term future at Ricoh and are desperate for a new stadium so looking at all options. Rugger club have a plan but no money - not sure what SISU would bring to the table.

Terry Gibson's perm

My understanding is they see no long term future at Ricoh and are desperate for a new stadium so looking at all options. Rugger club have a plan but no money - not sure what SISU would bring to the table.

All of the same things they bring to the Ricoh a rental income, beer and food money every other week. Would it be up to football league standard?

I cant see us being at the Ricoh after next year but let's wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread