Kastaneer might even get a start
Think go dabo 60 mins then sure kastaneer or pask or rowe as a sub

Hilsner and Shipley amc

Walker or baka start. Maybe both and drop hilsner

Eccles and sheaf dmc

Rose 60 mins at cb.

We can do this. Looking forward to it

Offhegoes

Apart from giving Rose & Dabo game time (45 mins max each) I wouldn't pick anyone involved against Bristol except Walker. Sheaf is too valuable for Friday to risk despite him needing game time. Our B Team are good enough to get something here

BornSlippySkyBlue

Yeah, think I’d be resting a few and getting minutes into a few more. Be good if Dabo and Rose can get some minutes, maybe Hillßner. Walker still getting used to his teammates so he’s a starter for me and maybe it would be a chance to see what a Baka / Walker pairing works like.

Mason as well maybe. Plenty of options and plenty needing game time.

Hobo

I can't see Sheaf or Ostigaard playing at Gillingham or any of Saturdays starting eleven, they will be needed Friday. They can work on fitness during the week in a controlled envirpnment.

Rose Dabo Walker and Bakayoko yes. Time for some youngsters like Eccles to gain experience.

With no crowds the away tie next round is hardly a big money draw for Gillingham or Coventry. Its going to be like two u23 sides.

David O'Day

I can't see Sheaf or Ostigaard playing at Gillingham or any of Saturdays starting eleven, they will be needed Friday. They can work on fitness during the week in a controlled envirpnment.

Rose Dabo Walker and Bakayoko yes. Time for some youngsters like Eccles to gain experience.

With no crowds the away tie next round is hardly a big money draw for Gillingham or Coventry. Its going to be like two u23 sides.

Match fitness is very different to normal fitness though, he's got to play games to get it up to standard

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree - even drawing a big team in the next round is no incentive without a crowd, unless it is covered by Sky etc and you receive their payment for the privilege,

better days

The League Cup can’t have long left in its current format, inconvenience even for the smaller clubs
It can be revived
Keep the semi finals one legged as they are this year and allow teams in European competitions to play youth teams
The final will always get a full house and if smaller clubs go further there will be more interest all round
And it will make it harder for those entitled bastards in the top six to win it every year

Brighton Sky Blue

We’ve had a lengthy pre season but match fitness is still not quite there. I’d play a mixed team and try to win it just for another not long after

robbiekeane

It can be revived
Keep the semi finals one legged as they are this year and allow teams in European competitions to play youth teams
The final will always get a full house and if smaller clubs go further there will be more interest all round
And it will make it harder for those entitled bastards in the top six to win it every year
Youth teams? Like the EFL Trophy did/does? No way, being forced to play full strength teams against u23s was grossly unfair

better days

Youth teams? Like the EFL Trophy did/does? No way, being forced to play full strength teams against u23s was grossly unfair
Don't think there are any rules about who to field in the League Cup so lower league teams can still give fringe players a game
But if top teams could only use U21s it would even things up

standupforcity

Got to make a decision on Biamou...is he in or is he out....surely this is an opportunity to put him to the test, see how hungry he is?!!

mark_ccfc

Got to make a decision on Biamou...is he in or is he out....surely this is an opportunity to put him to the test, see how hungry he is?!!
He still might play to put him in the 'shop window' as it were, but he doesn't seem to figure in future plans though.

fernandopartridge

He still might play to put him in the 'shop window' as it were, but he doesn't seem to figure in future plans though.

I doubt he'll play personally, it seems Robins' main objective is to get players he's going to use up to speed. Then again, he might not want both of Baka and Walker to play 90 minutes so we shall see.

Alkhen

less jazzed for this than the JPT games against u23 teams.

Would have loved an away day at Molineux but with the league game Friday really not feeling tonight

Legia Sky Blue

Be interesting to see how long MR gives the likes of Dabo, Sheaf and Rose with Friday's game in mind. I notice QPR haven't got a game midweek so if any of these are likely to start on Friday I would expect them to be subbed by the hour mark. There is probably less urgency for Rose to be rushed back, so he might be the most likely to play the full 90.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Even though match fitness is an issue, with another game happening in 3 days, I cannot see the core of the first team being played. It will be counter-productive. As others have mentioned, we still have a decent back up squad and players that will be keen to impress.

Still looking forward to tonight's game regardless!

SleepyGinger

Is drysdale eligible for this one?

I’d go

marosi

Dabo
Rose
Osti
Drysdale/Williams
Mason

Shipley
Sheaf
Hillsner
Bapaga

Walker

Eccles rowe and baka off the bench.

Saddlebrains

For me

Billson ( gotta give him a competitive game at some point see how he copes)

Dabs - take off after 60
Rose - take off after 60
Williams
Thompson/Drysdale
Mason
Sheaf - take off after 60
Eccles
Hillsner
Bapaga
Baka

Minutes into the legs of the ones we need for Friday, run out for the younger ones

Users who are viewing this thread