Get that clown out of goal (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Collins is the better keeper, definitely.

But, in the interest of fairness...

People posted Collins' post shot xG a few weeks ago showing he's one of the best in the league.

Wilson's PSxG last season is better than Collins' this season.

Wilson's is much worse this season of course , but I think it's worth pointing that out to put Collins' season in perspective.
Collins should be first choice, end of. I'd prefer us to go out and invest in a 'keeper who we could be our number one for years to come. It doesn't seem as though Robins sees it as a priority position though.

CCFCSteve

That's why I asked if it was Robins or Thomas telling him to stay. He has come for crosses before so why not this one ?

He’s always been hit and miss when it comes to crosses. I don’t know what might’ve been said but I can 100% guarantee that Robins hasn’t told a keeper not to come for crosses in his six yard box. Calls like that will always be left to the keeper as there’s so many variables

Quite a few have also questioned Collins recently, in particular not holding onto/parrying shots which again is a fair observation, especially if there’s opposition players near. Collins has been the better keeper this season though and I think just gives the defence a bit more confidence…yesterdays back four didn’t do Wilson any favours though

Old Warwickshire lad

Who was the keeper came on loan from brum, podgy git ambled out, caught every high ball that came in. Changed our defence overnight from a bunch of nervous wrecks, to confident defenders who knew they had a goalkeeper they could trust.

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

Happy_Martian

yesterdays back four didn’t do Wilson any favours though
It's just this. Regardless of circumstances, fans hate on Wilson no matter whereas Collins gets a clean bill of health, even though he's constantly letting goals in.

SBT

Who was the keeper came on loan from brum, podgy git ambled out, caught every high ball that came in. Changed our defence overnight from a bunch of nervous wrecks, to confident defenders who knew they had a goalkeeper they could trust.
Ahh David Stockdale. The nailed on GK for the CCFC Short-Lived Legends team, also featuring Dennis Wise, Lee Mills and Richie Partridge

SBT

The "delay" in Wilson getting to the ball for the second goal...

Seems to be another defender in the way to protect that ball. Keeper leaves that to his defenders, 9 times out of 10.

View attachment 34223

And the own goal...

View attachment 34224

Weight on his left side to fall that way. Ball goes through his legs. @Nick, are you suggesting he could have stopped it with his legs ? Bent down to collect it ? Remember the speed at which the ball is travelling.
Screengrabbing iFollow screenshots to try and Zapruder your way into believing that Ben Wilson is a good keeper, you deserve better in life my friend, don’t do this to yourself

Calista

Leaving aside the wider question of whether Wilson or Collins are good enough for our ambitions, the cross for the first goal isn't a harmless floaty ball of the type we tend to put in. It's whipped in hard but has a looping trajectory that would put doubt into most keepers' minds.

ccfctommy

Collins has player over 200 league games and is 5 years younger than Wilson

At his age wilson played less than 30 and was dumped out to Telford

There’s zero comparison.
So? Liverpools keeper today (Kelleher) has only played ten league games. He's 25.

alfielloyd

So? Liverpools keeper today (Kelleher) has only played ten league games. He's 25.
If you are unable to recognise the difference between being Liverpool's reserve keeper, second to a keeper capped by Brazil over 60 times and being Accrington's reserve keeper you obviously do not know too much about the great game.

slowpoke

Premier clubs have three keepers all of which are good enough for their first team, we have three keepers too, Moore is leaving and might be followed by Wilson, we have nothing at the moment backing up Collins.

TomRad85

that's actually comical
It's not even one where you say you need to give the manager the benefit of the doubt, as he's, you know, the manager and we're just blokes on a forum. On this he's completely wrong, end of discussion.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

slowpoke

It's not even one where you say you need to give the manager the benefit of the doubt, as he's, you know, the manager and we're just blokes on a forum. On this he's completely wrong, end of discussion.

Sent from my SM-G973F using
I admit I’m a bit old school when it comes to goalkeepers probably spoilt by having Glazier & Oggy for the best part of 25 years who dominated the six yard box catching most crosses, corners, free-kicks, long throw’s etc, none of ours do, distribution seems more important nowadays. The trouble with that defenders have to be on the ball and get to the loose ball first.
Most important position on the pitch.

Old Warwickshire lad

Ahh David Stockdale. The nailed on GK for the CCFC Short-Lived Legends team, also featuring Dennis Wise, Lee Mills and Richie Partridge
Not on about legends or anything else, just pointing out how a keeper commanding his area can instil confidence in his defence.
He was a bit of a fat git as well .😂😂😂🍷🍷🍷

Hertsccfc

There can be all sorts of reasons for decisions about team selection which we as fans have no knowledge of. Robins has more knowledge than any of us.

TomRad85

There can be all sorts of reasons for decisions about team selection which we as fans have no knowledge of. Robins has more knowledge than any of us.
Nah, it's bullshit and makes no sense. Hopefully he's figured it out now.

shmmeee

Dj Khaled Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

For the Clean Sheet King

Covkid1968#

Wasn’t it the West Brom home game that got Wilson dropped!! With Collins ill it could be Wilson chance to redeem himself!! 🤷🏻

JSL

Was Collins "ill" forvyesterdays match hence why he wasnt selected? Anyone know?

Skyblue Bangkok

It’s hard talking and judging keepers as we have had Glazier, Blythe and Oggy in the past. All with their faults , but all outstanding keepers
We haven't had a top keeper since Westwood, when I think of Scott Shear and that Italian guy who played one game at Tranmere in a league cup game I break out into a cold sweat.

Users who are viewing this thread