Get behind Coventry United, YOUR LOCAL TEAM (1 Viewer)

mrbluesky87

I know I am going to get abuse for this and franky I dont give shit however I believe we need to get behind our new local team. I know there are dreamers on here who think City will still start at the Ricoh come the beginning of the season but I dont think we will, we have seen the last of CCFC as we know it.

I'm also not going to slate anybody that wishes to follow them at Northampton however if come 3pm on the first home game and we kick off at sixfields I really do not see how anybody can say they follow Coventry, Northants 2nd 11 yes, but not Coventry.

I am one fan who will not be attending any games home or away nor will I be purchasing any merchandise until we return to the City and SISU have gone. Thus in the mean time I intend to support the real football club that represents the people of Coventry and I hope that this team can push onwards and upwards.

At the very leaset Coventry United have new kits unveiled and made by Adidas, Red home, White away which I have to say look really smart.

The fact is and as it stands this may be the only Coventry Club in the future.

Let the abuse begin

FRY-CCFC

I believe that the attendances for them will rise at the start of the and then fall as the season goes on when the novelty of supporting them is gone

James Smith

I know I am going to get abuse for this and franky I dont give shit however I believe we need to get behind our new local team. I know there are dreamers on here who think City will still start at the Ricoh come the beginning of the season but I dont think we will, we have seen the last of CCFC as we know it.

I'm also not going to slate anybody that wishes to follow them at Northampton however if come 3pm on the first home game and we kick off at sixfields I really do not see how anybody can say they follow Coventry, Northants 2nd 11 yes, but not Coventry.

I am one fan who will not be attending any games home or away nor will I be purchasing any merchandise until we return to the City and SISU have gone. Thus in the mean time I intend to support the real football club that represents the people of Coventry and I hope that this team can push onwards and upwards.

At the very leaset Coventry United have new kits unveiled and made by Adidas, Red home, White away which I have to say look really smart.

The fact is and as it stands this may be the only Coventry Club in the future.

Let the abuse begin

Not going to hurl abuse (we're all fans of football and you didn't suggest supporting Villa) but it might help if you posted a fixtures list so people know when the matches are?

skybluearmy88

Fry I think your completely right there mate. As for "Coventry united" I'm gonna give it a miss, 3 things put me off, there name, the fact red is there main colour and the fact that someone mentioned the guy who set them up is a plastic man united fan.

Covcraig@bury

If its Red and the name has United in it ," COUNT ME WELL AND TRUELY OUT "

Egg chasing for me if CCFC are not playing at the Ricoh.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think the bloke who set it up is a Man Utd fan? I know one of them and have met another and they are pretty big city fans...

duffer

As above, other than the fact it's a team called United, playing in red, I wish them luck. But they could never replace CCFC.

In truth I'd sooner follow Cov Sphinx or Nuneaton or Leamington, in the hope of watching them progress, than an entirely new team claiming to be the real Coventry City. Sphinx in particular might take offence at United claiming to be the only remaining Coventry team.

If CCFC falls, and there was a true 'phoenix' team, I'd rather they played in sky blue, and had some genuine connection to the old team. As it is this is entirely premature, imho.

Covcraig@bury

I don't think the bloke who set it up is a Man Utd fan? I know one of them and have met another and they are pretty big city fans...

Then they should be playing in Sky Blue, drop the United idea and have something else . I fecking hate the mention of United.

Coventry Legion FC ,
AFC Coventry ,
Club Coventry,

ect,ect ect. But not RED or UNITED .

covmark

Totally agree mate, whoever decided to play in red and call them United needs to have a serious word with themselves. Hardly going to encourage the masses is it

RoboCCFC90

No thanks..

jimmyhillsfanclub

I don't think Coventry Legion FC is a very good idea though do you?

.....The team would be made up of a gang of gobby scrawny teenagers & managed by a handful of balding chubby blokes with appalling dress sense & a distinct lack of social skills?

Bennosdancingfeet

Are "coventry united" not getting it?

Play in sky blue and lose the united part of your name and you could be onto a winner. Potentially good gates which in theory should catapult you through the leagues.

Play in red and call yourself united is a HUGE school boy error. This could be your one chance of doing something special but the stubbornness of name and colour is sadly going to hold you back.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Sphinx play in Sky Blue....play in Coventry....have real links to CCFC......have been established since 1946 and play at a higher level than these jonny-cum-lately opportunists that call themselves united.....

andyboy81

Can I just ask......

When We return to the City, where will your loyalty lie then? Or is it transferable THAT easily??

mrbluesky87

I agree with majority of comments so far however in regards to colour I suppose the guys backing and setting this team up also believe that there is only CCFC who play in sky blue and they still hope as we all do that we will back back at the Ricoh suporting them. In time if CCFC were to fold or permantely move away they may well change the colours.
Also the main point of my post was to try and highlight supporting a local team as opposed to traveling how many miles to Northampton to support the 2nd 11.
I will go and watch Cov United and purchase a top because it could be a piece of history in years to come especially if CCFC cease to exist as we know it which I fear they will.

andyboy81

Sphinx play in Sky Blue....play in Coventry....have real links to CCFC......have been established since 1946 and play at a higher level than these jonny-cum-lately opportunists that call themselves united.....

This was my point when all this started... Why support a brand new club which will fold as soon as City come back when we have a lower league club already in the city which could really benefit from the extra finance for the next 3/4 years and give them a REALISTIC chance of success in the future

Myself personally... I am going to try and get to some games in Northampton and when I cant, try and go to watch the Sphinx as its 2 streets from me.

theferret

I'm not sure I understand what the point is. As I see it there are two likely scenarios:

1. CCFC start the season at the Ricoh after all, or if not make a very swift return to it, and things more or less return to how they were.
2. CCFC relocate to Northampton and a new Phoenix club is formed called AFC Coventry City and we all go and support that at the beginning of the 2014/15 season.

Either way, there's no real mileage in the idea that people will defect to either CU or CS in any significant numbers whatsoever. They may get a short term boost, but that's all it will be, but good luck to them anyway.

mrbluesky87

Can I just ask......

When We return to the City, where will your loyalty lie then? Or is it transferable THAT easily??

The point has been missed, I refuse to watch a football team in Northampton, thats not where I live or born and bred therefore I would rather watch a local team and if in years to come CCFC move back to the RICOH (not a new ground and SISU have f**ked off) I will happily watch them. More to the point how can people go and watch football at sixfields and claim they support Coventry?

skybluelee

Play in sky blue and get rid of the 'United' for 'Pheonix' or something and I will adopt them as my 2nd team. Otherwise they are simply irrelevant to me.

Bollocks to supporting coventry utd!! I loved ccfc at weekend still get a buzz going see the team on the pitch so will be supporting cov city wherever they play PUSB!!! Im a scab so what!!!

andyboy81

The point has been missed, I refuse to watch a football team in Northampton, thats not where I live or born and bred therefore I would rather watch a local team and if in years to come CCFC move back to the RICOH (not a new ground and SISU have f**ked off) I will happily watch them. More to the point how can people go and watch football at sixfields and claim they support Coventry?

If that is the case and you are not "supporting" the new team and simply just watching another team for 3/4 years, what is the point in investing your money into a flash in the pan club which will die as quick as it was made in 3 years time???

Put money into the Sphinx and help them!! They haven't asked for this situation with CCFC whereas the founders of Coventry United are in my own opinion trying to exploit the situation to make a bit of money!!!!

James Smith

Covkid1968#

As far as I am aware the club have said they will look to review the name change / team colours if CCFC cease to exist. As they say that only at that stage will it be a true replacement. These are CCFC supporters afterall

Users who are viewing this thread