George Thomas to Scunny (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

I totally agree with that Torch.

Having seen where they play, in front of a paltry crowd against a bunch of other overpaid youngsters, as opposed to proper meaningful league and cup games, where there is more pressure and the spotlight is on you, then I think he took the money option rather than the football one and he has lost a year of his career. I think the same will happen with Stevenson.

I don't hold any malice against Thomas, he seems a nice lad, I just think he made the wrong choice. Obviously time will tell.

Totally agree. Maddison did it the right way. So did Wilson. Sign for a team where you'll actually get a game.

Moff

Totally agree. Maddison did it the right way. So did Wilson. Sign for a team where you'll actually get a game.

I know you are not a fan of Strachan but his comments on Under 23 football and how he feels it stunts a players development were spot on. He feels players should be playing league football, or at least reserve football.

Under 23 leagues are just another hairbrained scheme of the Premier league to allow their clubs to harvest the best talent and play them in meaningless games to see if they will turn out ok

David O'Day

I know you are not a fan of Strachan but his comments on Under 23 football and how he feels it stunts a players development were spot on. He feels players should be playing league football, or at least reserve football.

Under 23 leagues are just another hairbrained scheme of the Premier league to allow their clubs to harvest the best talent and play them in meaningless games to see if they will turn out ok

Nicky Butt at Man United is quite scathing about the U23 league

David O'Day

George gave us some light in the darkest season. I wish him only the best and hope he does well for Scunthorpe, after tomorrow of course.
He would walk in to our team.

Why do we need a not that quick not that skilful right attacker?

Loughborough Sky Blue

To be fair, Thomas is from Leicester and is a Leicester fan iirc, if I was playing for a non league team and was offered a deal at Coventry regardless of whether I was good enough I'd jump at the chance to play for my team. Not forgetting the fact that he has been on the verge of the first team and has made a few appearances for them so isn't far away. Can't blame him for moving there!

Moff

To be fair, Thomas is from Leicester and is a Leicester fan iirc,

I think I saw him today in Blaby, and wondered if he had signed for Scunthorpe why would he be down here, but with the game being at home tomorrow I presume he would be ok to be in Leicester.
If it was him, he wont have spent much time acquainting himself with his new team. Lets hope it shows.

letsallsingtogether

Hope he has a good season as long as it doesn't affect us.
I also believe he is just an average player that is why he's back in L1.
If he was any good he would at least be in the Championship, just goes to show we have a better youth set up then incester.
IMHO.

duffer

Can I have some of what you're smoking please. Top scorer Indeed.
What a decent move it turned out to be for his career. He might be ok financially but at his age money isn't the be all and end all.

Politely differ.

If he blows his ACL tomorrow and never properly recovers, or simply ends up dropping down the divisions by never quite fulfilling his promise, that cash will come in quite handy.

GaryJones

better days

Can't see the present U23 format lasting too much longer
Apart from the coaches and staff whose jobs depend on it hardly anyone in football has a good word to say for it
The direction of travel can be seen from U23 teams participation in the Checkatrade Trophy
Young players need to play against men in games where the result matters from about 17 or they don't develop

Users who are viewing this thread