George Thomas to Scunny (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

10 goals as a 19 year old for us in our worst team of all time. Easily gonna score atleast 20 this year in a more than compotent Scunthorpe team
He scored 5 league goals for us last time. He’s no better than JCH so no he wouldn’t walk into our team.

Scored a good goal in the Checkatrade trophy final, but is just a try hard. May score tomorrow. But he won’t score 20

vow

Kevin Nolan says "Ahhhhh we would have signed George Thomas on loan if those play-off decisions went our way! Its so unfair" Boohoo Boohoo
Ha, that's you joking, right?!

harvey098

GT was effective more than eye catching. Very good movement, I think he will do well and will net a few (lets hope it doesn't start tomorrow)

Reactions: vow

no_loyalty

I said on another thread sometime ago that we should try and get Thomas on loan. I guess Robins has a better player lined up to replace McNulty

GaryJones

I guess he does!

Ricketts

What time do you have to sign in order to qualify for tomorrow? I thought it was 12 noon today. Scunthorpe announced signing later than that.

Sky Blue Pete

Sure you have to sign by 12pm today to be able to play so won’t be against us I dont think.

If we weren’t in I’m excited about 2nd striker

ccfcway

Don’t get all this “grass isn’t greener stuff at all. He left us for big money (relative) and is back on loan in league one.

No doubt he will be better off financially than someone like jones who also lost most of last season.

It’s a short career, they have to do what they thing is best. I would for me and my family

skyblueelephant76

What time do you have to sign in order to qualify for tomorrow? I thought it was 12 noon today. Scunthorpe announced signing later than that.
Could have been signed this morning and just announced this afternoon. They also bought in Lund from Burton so they are having a busy day.

Reactions: vow

luwalla

Can’t blame him for moving to Leicester , I’m sure he got paid a load more , so no hard feelings on that front... but never excited me when here, scored a decent goal in a cup final , bang average apart from that... watch him score hat trick tomorrow now!!

SkyBlueCRJ

Don’t get all this “grass isn’t greener stuff at all. He left us for big money (relative) and is back on loan in league one.

No doubt he will be better off financially than someone like jones who also lost most of last season.

It’s a short career, they have to do what they thing is best. I would for me and my family

Well surely it's relative on your definition of "the grass isn't always greener"? Whilst you, like many, would settle for a more lucrative contract, there are still a host of players out there who have ambitions in football and want to play week in week out. Sometimes money isn't the be all and end all and I refuse to believe that any player would rather be playing in an U23's league opposed to mens football.

Why I think "the grass isn't always greener" is suited to Thomas, is because by moving to Leicester so quickly after breaking into the first team, he may have stunted his development by playing week in week out for their U23's. Thomas would've learned far more by staying with Coventry there's no doubting that, but that's neither here nor there as he made his decision and we can only speculate on how well he may or may not have done. Like you said it's a short career for a footballer so he won't be on 'big money' for long as I'm sure other clubs won't match his wages if he were to move permanently to League One - but it all depends on how he performs this season.

harvey098

No, but the point is that he moved to a Premier League club to further his career, he hasn't. He might as well have stayed on that basis.

I don't know. A year in a premier league development squad with the very best coaches and facilities is probably better for a young kid than knocking about in league 2.

Gint11

Finance aside, assuming it’s true GT has gone on loan to scunny (I’ve not checked yet) just proves signing for Leicester reserves was, as predicted an awful footballing move. As I said, money aside.

I know there are egos but surely playing week in week out is the way to go. Get your performances to a level where you then move to a bigger club and go straight into the first team. Simple really.

torchomatic

We were shite the season he played so that is taken into consideration, but I honestly didn't care when he left and I don't really rate him to be honest.

Nah nor me. Could never see what the fuss was about. Maddison did it the right way, i think Thomas didn't but as has been pointed out he earns loads so that's what matters.

torchomatic

I don't know. A year in a premier league development squad with the very best coaches and facilities is probably better for a young kid than knocking about in league 2.

I doubt it. I would think real football develops a player more than anything else.

mark82

Why do they have such a crap record for bringing players through if the coaching is that good?

Moff

I doubt it. I would think real football develops a player more than anything else.

I totally agree with that Torch.

Having seen where they play, in front of a paltry crowd against a bunch of other overpaid youngsters, as opposed to proper meaningful league and cup games, where there is more pressure and the spotlight is on you, then I think he took the money option rather than the football one and he has lost a year of his career. I think the same will happen with Stevenson.

I don't hold any malice against Thomas, he seems a nice lad, I just think he made the wrong choice. Obviously time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread