George Hudson passed away (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSid

Very sad to hear of George Hudson's passing. He was my boyhood hero, amazing player.

I had the pleasure of meeting George a few years ago at a Legends' Day. We sat and had a drink with him and he was such a lovely, humble man. He was genuinely surprised anyone remembered him, let alone regarded him as an all time great. A big part of Sky Blue history who will be sadly missed. Thanks for the memories, George.

bringbackrattles

Very sad to hear of George Hudson's passing. He was my boyhood hero, amazing player.

I had the pleasure of meeting George a few years ago at a Legends' Day. We sat and had a drink with him and he was such a lovely, humble man. He was genuinely surprised anyone remembered him, let alone regarded him as an all time great. A big part of Sky Blue history who will be sadly missed. Thanks for the memories, George.
That's what I've found when I've met any ex City players how humble and modest they are. It's really strange in a way you'd think they'd embrace it etc, but no they only talk when pushed. I heard that a few ex players would occasionally meet up at the Mount Pleasant pub for a drink,the pub in Walsgrave,so as I used to live round there me and a mate would go in and hope we'd spot them. Sadly we never got to meet them,but a few regulars said they liked a Sunday drink,and were treated well and had drinkers/fans buying them pints. And George was there a couple of times I heard, I would have been in awe !

thekidfromstrettoncamp

R I P George
3 games stick in the memory most 1. hatrick debut his first touch ball knocked up to him on the floor he did a shimmy left the centre half for dead.I looked at my mate no words were spoken or needed centre forwards didn't do that then. 2.The goal against Southampton at home 1966 back to Tony Knapp chipped it over his head went round him and scorred.3 F A cup replay v Crewe we were in the west end he was right of us front of us in the box recieved the ball seemed to have 2 or 3 chances to shot but wanted to make certain he would score placed it in his bottom left hand corner great skill.

Citysince47

George Hudson. City legend. I can remember the furore that the announcement of his signature caused. JH had lost his marbles getting rid of Terry Bly. George took one game to put us in our place. Debut hat trick. Who can ever forget THAT goal against the Saints. And, in my opinion, the best 6 yard tap in against Colchester that got us promotion. Put simply. George you were THE BEST.
Thanks for the memories. RIP

hopesprings

The west end changed the words of "these boots are made for walking" by Nancy Sinatra (I think) to "Huds boots are made for scoring, and thats just what they'll do, on Tuesday night he'll score 4 more past Crewe" Well he didn't get 4 but City did Feb 14th 1966 ! Got to be a legend when you can remember events like that surrounding him

RIP George

bringbackrattles

Be a fitting tribute to George if we finally beat Preston at Deepdale tonight seeing we've never won there in the league. Do it for the HUD !

Magwitch

George scored one of the best goals I ever seen, wonder if anyone can remember it, was a corner, free kick or just a cross that was going behind him and he ran back away from goal turned, jumped and headed a bullet header into the net. This guy was so talented.

bringbackrattles

I've finished the article on George Hudson for Late Tackle magazine, just have to wait now to see if the editor publishes it ? Enjoyed writing it though and hopefully made it a fitting tribute to the City legend. Brought back great memories, I could picture the HUD netting yet another great goal as I typed away, with us kids jumping about on the Spion Kop !

bringbackrattles

I've never Seen the magazine. Let us know if it’s published. I’d love to track it down on line
Unfortunately it's only sold in shops and not published online. If they put the article in the magazine, and you're unable to get a copy,I'll get you one and send it on to you. They send us writers a free copy,no payment so that's the reward we get instead. We all do it for the love of writing on football !

bringbackrattles

I've never Seen the magazine. Let us know if it’s published. I’d love to track it down on line
Just been told the article is featured in the latest issue of Late Tackle football magazine. As I mentioned not online but sold in newsagents, or ordered etc. If you want to read the article/magazine and can't get a copy let me know and I'll get you one okay ?

Users who are viewing this thread