George Floyd (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

Wait, you are going to now try to claim people calling him a beast are racist too?

That's awkward.

I am saying black people are commonly referred to as beasts or savages and that's why water buffalo remark probably comes from someone who sees black people in that way knowing or unknowingly

Like the commentary bias report that came out about black players being praised for power and pace but not intelligence

All different ways black people can suffer racism without the N word being used

shmmeee

I am saying black people are commonly referred to as beasts or savages and that's why water buffalo remark probably comes from someone who sees black people in that way knowing or unknowingly

Like the commentary bias report that came out about black players being praised for power and pace but not intelligence

But how do you tease apart what’s what? I mean there are a lot of powerful black players, Baka is one that I’ve described like that. Should I stop saying that about him even though I think power and pace are some of his best attributes?

Nick

Administrator

Again, you might want to let him know if it's racist as his whole brand is based around it.

51E9-Btb0UL._SY346_.jpg

He has a clothing brand called "Beast Mode" FFS.

covcity4life

I never said beast was racist term

I am talking about the water buffalo remark

And it all stems from an idea that black people are less human.

Beast mode etc are all terms used commonly. That's not an issue. I am giving you my opinion on the water buffalo remark would hurt him

He can build a brand on beast if he wa ts. Doesnt mean people have a right to refer to him as different animals though

You have a personal dislike for him that much is clear. Because he rang klopp?

Shmee No one is syaing you cannot refer to bake in those terms. But can you not see that someone like kante has such amazing positional sense but many will see him as hard working tough tsckling defensive midfielder instead at best?

No one is saying that every single case is racist. But seems silly to deny there are any problems full stop and shut down discussion

Nick

Administrator
I never said beast was racist term

I am talking about the water buffalo remark

And it all stems from an idea that black people are less human.

Beast mode etc are all terms used commonly. That's not an issue. I am giving you my opinion on the water buffalo remark would hurt him

He can build a brand on beast if he wa ts. Doesnt mean people have a right to refer to him as different animals though

You have a personal dislike for him that much is clear. Because he rang klopp?

Shmee No one is syaing you cannot refer to bake in those terms. But can you not see that someone like kante has such amazing positional sense but many will see him as hard working tough tsckling defensive midfielder instead at best?

No one is saying that every single case is racist. But seems silly to deny there are any problems full stop and shut down discussion

I am saying black people are commonly referred to as beasts or savages

That seems like an accusation of racism to be fair.

People need to start making up their minds because while it's OK for me to be called a Gammon or a Snowflake based on skin colour I have absolutely no fucking idea when I might be accused of racism for saying somebody is Hench as fuck or something equally innocent.

If the buffalo remark is so hurtful, don't refer to himself as like one then.

It really is just common sense, a lot of it.

covcity4life

That seems like an accusation of racism to be fair.

People need to start making up their minds because while it's OK for me to be called a Gammon or a Snowflake based on skin colour I have absolutely no fucking idea when I might be accused of racism for saying somebody is Hench as fuck or something equally innocent.

If the buffalo remark is so hurtful, don't refer to himself as like one then.

It really is just common sense, a lot of it.
There was no accusation. You are always in argumentivr mood. Its troll like. I got a lot of likes for saying lets talk things thru but it seems thats just not possible on the internet

I said in my previous posts that I hate terms like gammon and snowflake. So let's not assume anyone who dislikes racism to black people automatically is fine with terms like those.

Hench is very different to water buffalo. We all know that.

Akinfenwa referee to himself as a water buffalo?

Alot of it is common sense
Shame people want to take that the wrong way and eliminate shades of grey

Fan saying he was a beast out there today , tormented their defence is very different tona fan shouting you fucking beast akinfenwa at him for e.g

Nick

Administrator
There was no accusation. You are always in argumentivr mood. Its troll like. I got a lot of likes for saying lets talk things thru but it seems thats just not possible on the internet

I said in my previous posts that I hate terms like gammon and snowflake. So let's not assume anyone who dislikes racism to black people automatically is fine with terms like those.

Hench is very different to water buffalo. We all know that.

Akinfenwa referee to himself as a water buffalo?

Alot of it is common sense
Shame people want to take that the wrong way and eliminate shades of grey

It isn't about taking things the wrong way.

Yes, he literally posted a picture of 2 animals referring to him and a team mate.

How can you then say "I don't want to be compared to an animal".

Just don't fucking say things like that in the first place. It's that simple.

covcity4life

It isn't about taking things the wrong way.

Yes, he literally posted a picture of 2 animals referring to him and a team mate.

How can you then say "I don't want to be compared to an animal".

Just don't fucking say things like that in the first place. It's that simple.
If that's case he is silly i agree

However he doesn't speak for all black people it should be remembered.

Grendel

Water buffalo is black right? It's more of a reference to him beining a beast anyway. All things black people have to put up with

Who was that big white guy that played upfront for Bradford or hull I think. Scored loads of headers. Heard him referred to as a tank or big lump. Never a "beast"

covcity4life

That's the one

To be fair he may have been called "the beast" now I think of it lol. I'll take the L on that one as couldn't remmeber his name let alone nickname.

So let's forget the B word as i think it takes away from the point that black players can tend to be categorised in more basic terms shall we say

Edit- ahh its in the url too

covcity4life

Wrote this to Nick in pm but thibk worth putting here too

Beast used wirh parkin I get it. If people want to use that as confirmation that no such bias exists towards black players then we will get nowhere.

Same token not every criticism of a black player is racist. I will not argue that!

Team humanity not team black or white

clint van damme

But how do you tease apart what’s what? I mean there are a lot of powerful black players, Baka is one that I’ve described like that. Should I stop saying that about him even though I think power and pace are some of his best attributes?

And that's my whole point.
There is a lot of ambiguity but we shouldn't just dismiss something because we don't think it's racist.
The majority of us haven't lived the experience so we shouldn't judge those that have.

If we draw a clear line there will be snidey fuckers who always push the boundary but make sure they stay just the right side of it to push their hate.

Look at antisemitism, it's not all rants like Wileys a lot is more discreet and similarly that can lead to people reading meaning into comments that aren't there.
As alan dugdale has said it's all about context. The same phrase can be used in both a racist and non racist way.

With regard to this incident imagine if the person who made the remark had had the bollocks to come out and say I was taking the piss but there was no racial intent and I'm sorry it was interpreted as such. This would have been done and dusted but instead it's Akinfenwa.

clint van damme

Simple as that really. A c**t is a c**t. Not a white c**t, black c**t, Chinese c**t etc.

I don't mean vagina either. Although the same probably does apply.

But some cunts are cunts to your face and some operate in the shadows.
The first one is a lot easier to spot than the second.

Nick

Administrator
But some cunts are cunts to your face and some operate in the shadows.
The first one is a lot easier to spot than the second.

Which is kind of my point.

While people are discussing if Coco Pops or a Buffalo that somebody has referred to themselves to it detracts from things.

This gives a pass to people who are racist and people who want to use their race.

shmmeee

And that's my whole point.
There is a lot of ambiguity but we shouldn't just dismiss something because we don't think it's racist.
The majority of us haven't lived the experience so we shouldn't judge those that have.

If we draw a clear line there will be snidey fuckers who always push the boundary but make sure they stay just the right side of it to push their hate.

Look at antisemitism, it's not all rants like Wileys a lot is more discreet and similarly that can lead to people reading meaning into comments that aren't there.
As alan dugdale has said it's all about context. The same phrase can be used in both a racist and non racist way.

With regard to this incident imagine if the person who made the remark had had the bollocks to come out and say I was taking the piss but there was no racial intent and I'm sorry it was interpreted as such. This would have been done and dusted but instead it's Akinfenwa.

I think youve Got to look for patterns of behaviour with sneaky stuff. Take teaching again, Id let a kid go to the toilet, but some kids would take the piss. Rather than assume every kid was taking the piss I’d consider the history of the kid in question. Then you get “why can he but I can’t?” I guess.

I think this is the problem. There’s no real way of knowing someone’s intent.

Nick

Administrator
I totally agree. Which means you can t make a definitive judgement either way.

So does everybody just stay quiet? There will be some people who want to rinse it which then detracts from people who are really suffering.

It's that thing about a good discussion, Prince William gets some footballers in a changing room to talk mental health and it's so hard hitting. When it comes to this the media publish shite like Coco Pops or black man wants to stab white man or white EDL man wants to attack mosque etc.

clint van damme

So does everybody just stay quiet? There will be some people who want to rinse it which then detracts from people who are really suffering.

It's that thing about a good discussion, Prince William gets some footballers in a changing room to talk mental health and it's so hard hitting. When it comes to this the media publish shite like Coco Pops or black man wants to stab white man or white EDL man wants to attack mosque etc.

No. Don't stay quiet. But don't just dismiss someone's argument when you can't prove they're wrong. Especially when you haven't lived there experience.

As Shmmeee said, it's hard to know someone's intent, in this case that goes for both Akinfenwa and the fella who threw the insult.

Nick

Administrator
No. Don't stay quiet. But don't just dismiss someone's argument when you can't prove they're wrong. Especially when you haven't lived there experience.

As Shmmeee said, it's hard to know someone's intent, in this case that goes for both Akinfenwa and the fella who threw the insult.

The whole thing about Akinfenwa was that he had previously compared himself to it.

There is absolutely no doubt he has suffered racism and if he was to sit down and talk about all the shit he has endured through his career it would do so much more to change things. Especially with the following he seems to have on social media and Soccer AM etc.

Instead it was a comment he didn't hear himself that has been assumed as racist.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

i don't think i've ever seen such a big beast of a player in professional football as Akinfenwa. I've seen taller, wider, but never such a huge battering ram of a player.
If that description makes me racist , so be it.
Just for the record, anyone who didn't know Akinfenwa was black upon reading that wouldn't assume he was.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Exeter Chiefs Rugby club have been hunted down by the social justice gestapo and told to change their name and logo. The ended up ditching their mascot (a native american version of sky blue sam) but they've kept the rest.

When the group lobbying for the change were asked who got offended, they said they had contacted some native american people to get their opinion. Basically, they went looking for who they could find that got offended.

Shit like this dilutes the real problems.
I just don't get it. The badge has a picture of what appear to be an indian chief wearing a full headset of chieftain feather . Why on earth is that offensive to native American Indians ? Has anyone actually stated the reasons ?
The world is going bonkers - lets look for people who are easily offended, find out what offends them and then set to get it removed .

Get rid of Sky Blue Sam - a fucking fat elephant that doesn't encourage healthy eating. I'm offended. Deal with it.

shmmeee

I just don't get it. The badge has a picture of what appear to be an indian chief wearing a full headset of chieftain feather . Why on earth is that offensive to native American Indians ? Has anyone actually stated the reasons ?
The world is going bonkers - lets look for people who are easily offended, find out what offends them and then set to get it removed .

Get rid of Sky Blue Sam - a fucking fat elephant that doesn't encourage healthy eating. I'm offended. Deal with it.

Reminds me of this: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-land-olakes-maiden-she-was-never-stereotype/

covcity4life

I think if people respond with but baka is pacey and powerful its looking at it th wrong way

No one is saying every case is racism. But to argue that that every case is not racism is kind of sayibg that there is no problem at all

shmmeee

I think if people respond with but baka is pacey and powerful its looking at it th wrong way

No one is saying every case is racism. But to argue that that every case is not racism is kind of sayibg that there is no problem at all

I think people are talking past each other. Both are concerned with the extremes and not trusting the “other side” to be sensible about things. How do you fix that trust?

covcity4life

I think people are talking past each other. Both are concerned with the extremes and not trusting the “other side” to be sensible about things. How do you fix that trust?
Havw no idea mate

People just need to be normal

Like to me

BLM great cause
BLM looting and violence is pathetic

Why would someone defend or support both statements?

Just be normal!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'm sure Onye Igwe did actually suggest that during his glorious spell with us
Yes he did now you mention it . He was way ahead of his time. Be offended everyone .
Elephants are a bit of a grey area though to be honest .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I read today on the BBC red button that the police have to use force more frequently when arresting black people (didn't specify which group) than white . One officer (didn't state who or rank) said it was because black people are more violent when arrested. You'd think that that would be the only possible reason, wouldn't you ?
I'm just putting it out there. Who's to blame for that ? Any thoughts anyone ?

Grendel

I read today on the BBC red button that the police have to use force more frequently when arresting black people (didn't specify which group) than white . One officer (didn't state who or rank) said it was because black people are more violent when arrested. You'd think that that would be the only possible reason, wouldn't you ?

Tony ROS and David will be sharing their collective brain cell before responding

covcity4life

If they have stats to back it up I don't see an issue with it

Users who are viewing this thread