George Floyd (4 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Is he? Where is the evidence for that? As for your tattoo analogy, he'd have to have the face of the person who murdered his father tattooed on him for it to make sense.
Oh I see. In that case perhaps relatives would have a tattoo of a large hammer or rope or whatever Sutcliffe used. Either way, it's unhinged.

NorthernWisdom

As foir the Akinfenwa schizzle. Personally I'm not convinced it's racist, I'm not convinced whoever said it thought it racist (although the choice of water buffalo for an insult is interesting).

If, however, the person it was directed to said it was racist, I'd think of another insult for next time, rather than trying to justify why I should use it again.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Or else I won’t ask again, which I think was reasonably obvious. Here’s a guy that’s actually had monkey chants aimed at him, and you still can’t / won’t see that perhaps there is a bigger problem here than is evidenced by random videos of cyclists on Twitter.
So what have you done about it ? Just constantly slagging those off who don't quite agree with you .
What have you actually done apart from rant on here ? Nothing I assume. Shame on you.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

As foir the Akinfenwa schizzle. Personally I'm not convinced it's racist, I'm not convinced whoever said it thought it racist (although the choice of water buffalo for an insult is interesting).

If, however, the person it was directed to said it was racist, I'd think of another insult for next time, rather than trying to justify why I should use it again.
Absolutely spot on with this. I don't believe the individual who made the remark necessarily knew the colour of a buffalo in the first place.
However, if the same remark was to be made now, knowing how it was taken first time, it could be deemed different.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Maybe if there was a rope or hammer culture that they'd vowed not to get involved in but obviously that isn't a thing so it still doesn't work.
If your relative was murdered with a machete, would you consider having a machete tattooed in response ? Or gun , crossbow etc .

Marty

The photo is not himself referring to himself in a derogatory manner as a fat water buffalo repeatedly. So it's not the same.

Of course he said it in a derogatory manner, doesn't mean it's racist though.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Maybe if there was a rope or hammer culture that they'd vowed not to get involved in but obviously that isn't a thing so it still doesn't work.
It was a great excuse wasn't it ? Is it a " cultural" thing do you think ?

Ring Of Steel

So what have you done about it ? Just constantly slagging those off who don't quite agree with you .
What have you actually done apart from rant on here ? Nothing I assume. Shame on you.

lol, your response is typical, expected and kind of sums up a very big part of the problem. Quick to write things off as “playing the race card” (and some of it is indeed nonsense, no argument there), however utterly unable/ unwilling to see racism when it’s right there in front of your face.

RegTheDonk

As they say they drove a bit further down the road and pulled into a parking space when safe to do so it's the same road.

Still any excuse to blame the black folk
Notice the Met chief has apologied to the lady for any distress during the stop. Thats good, if the police need taking to task about how and when they handcuff people, all for that. Anything that makes sure we are all are dealt with professionally, safely and respectfully when we interact with them should be policy.

If it ends up in court then maybe we can see the police footage, but they seem to be sticking to what they say led up to them being stopped.

Last sentence, to be honest, is a lazy unfounded swipe at anybody who wants to know the facts before they pass judgement.

NorthernWisdom

Absolutely spot on with this. I don't believe the individual who made the remark necessarily knew the colour of a buffalo in the first place.
However, if the same remark was to be made now, knowing how it was taken first time, it could be deemed different.
But here's a thread where it's being justified?

I'd have thought the natural reaction is to say 'I didn't think that was racist - ooops' isn't it, if a black man says they think it's racist? It's not like there aren't plenty of other animals you can use for an insult. A blubbery walrus might be a start! If that doesn't work, how about an asthmatic polar bear?

I can see the connotations, why a water buffalo is an... odd choice for an insult. There can be many things I say that I may unwittingly cause offence, but unless it's utterly bonkers, with no grounding in any kind of logic, then it's no great shakes to just move on, and vary my behaviour. If Akinfenwa thinks it's racist, it's better, surely, to ask why he might, rather than jump on him for saying it? Even the person who posted it is happy to ask why it might be.

I dunno, maybe I've got it wrong, and everybody *is* asking why it might be racist, so they can't use it themselves anymore! I'd have thought the choice of animal in terms of appearance and origin (a lazy generalisation of from being 'over there' is sufficient) is enough to at least understand why he might find it racist.

I may not, but I'm not convinced I really matter in this particular judgement.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

lol, your response is typical, expected and kind of sums up a very big part of the problem. Quick to write things off as “playing the race card” (and some of it is indeed nonsense, no argument there), however utterly unable/ unwilling to see racism when it’s right there in front of your face.
In other words ,no. You've done nothing.
You're response is typical, expected and sums up a very big part of the problem . All gesture, all pointing the finger but doing nothing about it. Wanting to be seen as part of the solution by slagging off everyone who doesn't want to follow the crowd whilst doing sweet nothing. Well done .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Why are you so offended at his tattoos? I can’t stand tattoos but I don’t get wound up at what other people want to do to themselves
Context. Keep up .

Ring Of Steel

In other words ,no. You've done nothing.
You're response is typical, expected and sums up a very big part of the problem . All gesture, all pointing the finger but doing nothing about it. Wanting to be seen as part of the solution by slagging off everyone who doesn't want to follow the crowd whilst doing sweet nothing. Well done .

Well actually I’d say that in other words I don’t owe you any explanations of myself when you are presenting yourself in such a bad way.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Fortunately I have no idea what I'd do in that situation.
Me neither, but I doubt if ever get a copy of the murder weapon engraved on me.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Well actually I’d say that in other words I don’t owe you any explanations of myself when you are presenting yourself in such a bad way.
I'm going to cry.i expected better.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Ah, I see. So to sum up, you are offended at Sterling deciding to get a tattoo of a gun, but not offended when he gets monkey chants aimed at him. I think we’re done here.
I couldn't actually give a toss about raheem sterling suffice it to say he's unhinged.
You though, in your insecure way would instantly whine that I'm racist .
You say you're " done" because you do sod all about racism in football except to point out monkey chants and bananas and slag off anyone not taking the knee or towing your line. To that effect, you do no more than I do.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

But here's a thread where it's being justified?

I'd have thought the natural reaction is to say 'I didn't think that was racist - ooops' isn't it, if a black man says they think it's racist? It's not like there aren't plenty of other animals you can use for an insult. A blubbery walrus might be a start! If that doesn't work, how about an asthmatic polar bear?

I can see the connotations, why a water buffalo is an... odd choice for an insult. There can be many things I say that I may unwittingly cause offence, but unless it's utterly bonkers, with no grounding in any kind of logic, then it's no great shakes to just move on, and vary my behaviour. If Akinfenwa thinks it's racist, it's better, surely, to ask why he might, rather than jump on him for saying it? Even the person who posted it is happy to ask why it might be.

I dunno, maybe I've got it wrong, and everybody *is* asking why it might be racist, so they can't use it themselves anymore! I'd have thought the choice of animal in terms of appearance and origin (a lazy generalisation of from being 'over there' is sufficient) is enough to at least understand why he might find it racist.

I may not, but I'm not convinced I really matter in this particular judgement.
I really don't know when I've ever heard of a buffalo being used as a racist term. I just don't. I think if I'd have said it to a mate who was built like a battering ram and he'd taken offence on grounds of colour I'd have been genuinely shocked and apologised.
If I used it again towards him that's being antagonistic and this time I'm aware that I'm probably going to offend him in a way that is racist. So I don't do it.

NorthernWisdom

I really don't know when I've ever heard of a buffalo being used as a racist term. I just don't. I think if I'd have said it to a mate who was built like a battering ram and he'd taken offence on grounds of colour I'd have been genuinely shocked and apologised.
If I used it again towards him that's being antagonistic and this time I'm aware that I'm probably going to offend him in a way that is racist. So I don't do it.
And I can't argue with that.

And it's why I don't quite see why there's been so much questioning on this thread of Akinfenwa for bringing it up. If he thought it was racist and doesn't want it used against him again, what else is he supposed to do but bring it up, so it won't be used again!

shmmeee

Why does Raheem Stirling wind up the gammon so much? I’ve got a mate who turned up once absolutely fuming at the guy for something. Can’t remember what. Same bloke was as annoyed as ADM about the tattoo as well. Weird.

It’s not even “lol shit tattoo”, people genuinely worked up about it. Very strange.

clint van damme

Why does Raheem Stirling wind up the gammon so much? I’ve got a mate who turned up once absolutely fuming at the guy for something. Can’t remember what. Same bloke was as annoyed as ADM about the tattoo as well. Weird.

It’s not even “lol shit tattoo”, people genuinely worked up about it. Very strange.

maybe it's the perception of him they have through the media.
Remember when him and Phil Foden bought houses for their mums, the difference in the way it was reported? One was the loving son the other the flash bastard throwing his money around. Not all criticism of him is based on racism, but some of it definitely is.

Same as the disgusting article that grade A wanker McKenzie wrote about Ross Barkley, dripping with racism.
They don't like to see young, working class men with money but they fucking hate seeing young, working class black and mixed race men with it.
When was the last time you saw a headline about Eddie Redmayne or Benedict Cumberbatch getting paid millions or splashing the cash on something frivilous.

ajsccfc

I get the feeling more people like Raheem Sterling these days than don't, when your photo is continually used to illustrate negative articles about things like crimes you have literally nothing to do with people start to sympathise.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm not sure but there are certain people that just manage to get people's backs up for no seemingly good reason. Bono and Bob Geldof for example. Morrissey used to as well before he gave people just cause. Maybe it's something to do with a 'holier than thou' attitude towards something and being quite preachy about certain things?

There's definitely worse behaved footballers than Sterling out there, both black and white. Gazza for example.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They don't like to see young, working class men with money but they fucking hate seeing young, working class black and mixed race men with it.
Complete bollocks on both counts. So how come I have all the time in the world for the likes of Mo Salah , Troy Deeney , Vincent Company and have great regard for Dion Dublin etc ? They're black or of mixed race or not "white" . How do you work that out?
Is it possible to dislike someone of black ethnicity on the grounds of something other than race ? You don't seem to think so. I can dislike Craig Bellend for a host of reasons but if he's a black person i must be racist.
Oh dear .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread