George Floyd (6 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

When we have a black James Bond and Jimmy White changes his surname.

Honor Blackman
Norman Whiteside
Willie Whitelaw
etc etc.....they all have to go .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So we just give up then?
No. But do those marching on these BLM actually know what it is they want, in terms of nitty gritty points of change ? When I watch footage of some of these marches I see quite a number of white folk out on a jolly, getting some fresh air and meeting up with mates. I bet if I were to ask them what exactly they are demanding , they'll just say equality. If I were to ask for specifics, they wouldn't have a clue
. They're happy to pull down statues but I bet they'll melt away in the next few weeks.

chiefdave

But do those marching on these BLM actually know what it is they want, in terms of nitty gritty points of change ?I
Specific things have been put forward.

For example yesterday Gavin Williamson, the Education Secretary, refused a meeting request from Black Curriculum UK. They are a group who have carried out research into the teaching, or lack of, black history in schools. Their report concludes that without it being included in the national curriculum it gets ignored.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Norwich and Everton players took the knee before kickoff, though the shirts had each player's name on the back.
So it seems it's continuing.
If they are, leaving their 'black lives matter" shirts at home seems to be sending a half baked message to me. Either do it wholeheartedly or stop .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Specific things have been put forward.

For example yesterday Gavin Williamson, the Education Secretary, refused a meeting request from Black Curriculum UK. They are a group who have carried out research into the teaching, or lack of, black history in schools. Their report concludes that without it being included in the national curriculum it gets ignored.
We were subjected a few years ago, during " black history week" to a kind of inspection by a group of incredibly serious black women who questioned why I was teaching the children about Mary Secole.
" Because I've been told to pick a topic that raises the profile of black achievers"
"And why is Mary Secole more important than Florence Nightingale for you this week ?"
"Because she isn't white. " I replied.
You couldn't make this stuff up .

chiefdave

We were subjected a few years ago, during " black history week" to a kind of inspection by a group of incredibly serious black women who questioned why I was teaching the children about Mary Secole.
" Because I've been told to pick a topic that raises the profile of black achievers"
"And why is Mary Secole more important than Florence Nightingale for you this week ?"
"Because she isn't white. " I replied.
You couldn't make this stuff up .
Exactly, a perfect example of why they are campaigning. Yet the government aren't even prepared to discuss it.

As has been mentioned before in this thread there's 375 recommendations in various government reports into racism that have yet to be implemented yet rather than actually do something the government are planning to havre another enquiry, this time headed by someone with a history of racism.

shmmeee

The point is, there is no point at which people will agree that such a point is reached. Its a forever moving target.

Is it? If you accept we aren’t there yet and therefore have never been there, how would you know? Maybe when we get there all the minorities stop giving a shit? I mean look at gay rights, hardly a political football at all, accepted everywhere and as a result gay people rarely protest or vote as a block.

shmmeee

No. But do those marching on these BLM actually know what it is they want, in terms of nitty gritty points of change ? When I watch footage of some of these marches I see quite a number of white folk out on a jolly, getting some fresh air and meeting up with mates. I bet if I were to ask them what exactly they are demanding , they'll just say equality. If I were to ask for specifics, they wouldn't have a clue
. They're happy to pull down statues but I bet they'll melt away in the next few weeks.

In America certainly the protests have always had clear demands around bringing the policemen responsible to justice and then later around police reform which is an ongoing changing discussion from what I’ve seen.

I’d agree there’s less clarity here, beyond solidarity with the yanks. As I’ve said before not much point in a protest without a specific request for action.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Is it? If you accept we aren’t there yet and therefore have never been there, how would you know? Maybe when we get there all the minorities stop giving a shit? I mean look at gay rights, hardly a political football at all, accepted everywhere and as a result gay people rarely protest or vote as a block.
How would I know what ?

shmmeee

not sure I'm comfortable with that to be honest.
He's obviously a c**t but if he wants to spunk his money on a plane and banner I'm not sure why he should have his employment terminated over that.

It’s alright he’s mates with Robinson, he’ll be on the right wing Patreon/YouTube grift before you can say “so much for the tolerant left”.

Nick

Administrator
He's obviously a c**t but if he wants to spunk his money on a plane and banner I'm not sure why he should have his employment terminated over that.
It's the go to on social media, find out where they work and get them sacked.

See the city fan who had one of the trust gimps go to his employer because he didn't like what he was saying about the council and wasps.

Nick

Administrator
it's an engineering company I think, not really sure that much damage was done.
Don't want to defend him too much but it's not like he's head of PR for a global brand.
Think they had to else they would have been hammered.

You see it on social media, amongst the first questions is "where does he work".

clint van damme

Think they had to else they would have been hammered.

You see it on social media, amongst the first questions is "where does he work".

yet Robert Jenrick is getting up to all sorts of mischief that's costing the tax payer millions and he still in a job.

Otis

it's an engineering company I think, not really sure that much damage was done.
Don't want to defend him too much but it's not like he's head of PR for a global brand.
I see his girlfriend has been sacked too, for for "abhorrently racist posts on social media". Strong word "abhorrent", so you have to think they were particularly nasty

David O'Day

The utter lack of comprehension as to why the guy was sacked capsulates the whole issue of ingrained racism.
It really isn’t difficult to work out lads

If I had done that, my employer would have sacked me for gross misconduct.

Exactly, if I was a racist and I got caught posting racist things my employer would have me on a charge even without the hiring a plane.

skybluetony176

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. He wanted to make a statement clearly looking for a reaction. He’s got it. Possibly not the reaction he was expecting but then again he’s probably got the victim worship he craves from Tommy Robinson, his cronies and those who think Tommy Robinson has something to say. I wouldn’t feel too sorry for him, he’s probably living his own perverse dream.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

How would you know that the goalposts keep moving? We haven’t hit the target yet.

Wider point you’re deflecting from is people don’t take to the streets for shits and giggles, protests happen because people aren’t happy and stop when their grievances have been addressed.
"We" haven't got the target yet ? What target is that ? By "we" you're clearly including yourself as an active member of some kind of action group are you ? Or are you another who feels the need to take the knee because everyone else is ?
Look carefully at any footage of the BLM in London or Bristol etc. Lots of white people clearly more interested in selfies, chatting with their mates and finally pretending to be part of something that they feel the need to be involved in. Obviously it's not all, but a good many are on a jolly.

RegTheDonk

Do you also think Breast Cancer Awareness should be All Cancer Awareness? Or even All Illness Awareness? Or Everyone Awareness? International People’s Day instead of International Women’s Day?

Why is it just BLM that needs to be inclusive of everyone?
That's a fair point, but do these individual Awareness charities highlight differences that would encourage hatred in some dinosaurs? Are there any mindless idiots with brest cancer that would want to beat up people with colan cancer? Or tear down or pretend to protect statutes?

It's a very sorry situation but just as that Burnley plane saying WLM has stoked up the fires on the opposite bench, BLM will attract negative attitudes simply because it will offer a target for neandathol hatred.

I just feel if they adopted ALM it would be a banner for unity, rather than highlight division, but totally respect any lawful cause for equality.

Otis

That's a fair point, but do these individual Awareness charities highlight differences that would encourage hatred in some dinosaurs? Are there any mindless idiots with brest cancer that would want to beat up people with colan cancer? Or tear down or pretend to protect statutes?

It's a very sorry situation but just as that Burnley plane saying WLM has stoked up the fires on the opposite bench, BLM will attract negative attitudes simply because it will offer a target for neandathol hatred.

I just feel if they adopted ALM it would be a banner for unity, rather than highlight division, but totally respect any lawful cause for equality.
But as has been explained many times, by people.much wiser than myself, that doesn't work. It is black people looking to be treated equally to everyone else.

I am an advocate of Black Lives Matter Too, though. That might have caused a little less of a ruction with some.

clint van damme

The utter lack of comprehension as to why the guy was sacked incapsulates the whole issue of ingrained racism.
It really isn’t difficult to work out lads

If I had done that, my employer would have sacked me for gross misconduct.

But while I personally think the underlying message of white lives matter is racist it's hard to prove that that it actual intention.
I really don't want to be defending someone who I quite clearly have nothing in common with but if this is all he's sacked for then I really worry we're on a slippery slope.
I appreciate there may be more than just this banner but I haven't read anything about any additional remarks or actions.

The narrative might change next year and it might be one of us 'lefties' in the firing line.
I honestly don't think this a good route for society to go down and it's not going to help change people's opinions.
He's been rounded on by many people in his own community that should be enough.
I'm not going to post any more on it so if people disagree fair enough I don't want to keep defending someone from the far right.

Johnnythespider

But while I personally think the underlying message of white lives matter is racist it's hard to prove that that it actual intention.
I really don't want to be defending someone who I quite clearly have nothing in common with but if this is all he's sacked for then I really worry we're on a slippery slope.
I appreciate there may be more than just this banner but I haven't read anything about any additional remarks or actions.

The narrative might change next year and it might be one of us 'lefties' in the firing line.
I honestly don't think this a good route for society to go down and it's not going to help change people's opinions.
He's been rounded on by many people in his own community that should be enough.
I'm not going to post any more on it so if people disagree fair enough I don't want to keep defending someone from the far right.
Is there more than this plane banner involved, such as his social media, the danger is he will now become a martyr for those with like minds. If he was my employee i wouldn't want my business associated with him so can understand his sacking.

Otis

Is there more than this plane banner involved, such as his social media, the danger is he will now become a martyr for those with like minds. If he was my employee i wouldn't want my business associated with him so can understand his sacking.
Yup. Many a person has been sacked for less, because behaviour like this can reflect badly upon an employer.

Like Spider says, I wouldn't want him working for me.

Ring Of Steel

Yup. Many a person has been sacked for less, because behaviour like this can reflect badly upon an employer.

Like Spider says, I wouldn't want him working for me.

You can get banned for posting something untoward on Facebook or twitter nowadays, so bringing huge embarrassment & shame on a company, football club and entire town on an international scale will likely land you in a disciplinary pretty quickly.

SBT

I've heard of some dodgy HR policies in my time, but "We're cool if you feel like you want to hire a plane to stir up racial tensions in the local community" is a new one for me. Maybe I should start asking about it at interviews.

shmmeee

"We" haven't got the target yet ? What target is that ? By "we" you're clearly including yourself as an active member of some kind of action group are you ? Or are you another who feels the need to take the knee because everyone else is ?
Look carefully at any footage of the BLM in London or Bristol etc. Lots of white people clearly more interested in selfies, chatting with their mates and finally pretending to be part of something that they feel the need to be involved in. Obviously it's not all, but a good many are on a jolly.

You really are a loon.

We as in humanity you fucking doorknob.

Nick

Administrator
I've heard of some dodgy HR policies in my time, but "We're cool if you feel like you want to hire a plane to stir up racial tensions in the local community" is a new one for me. Maybe I should start asking about it at interviews.
There are plenty of people stirring up racial tension who don't get sacked.

Half of the journalists are employed to just do that now it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread