George Floyd (6 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

You're a very condescending person and actually quite a vile person to engage with. Jumping to all sorts of conclusions over a simple question. My post history shows I'm not right wing or even against the LGBT community.
Well on the plus side he's apologised and you're now aware it's a crass and insensitive thing they did at best, racist at worst. Everyone's enlightened :)

clint van damme

You're a very condescending person and actually quite a vile person to engage with. Jumping to all sorts of conclusions over a simple question. My post history shows I'm not right wing or even against the LGBT community.

From memory your post history does show some fairly right wing, bordering on far right opinions. I'm fairly sure they include a fair dollop of misogyny as well.
I agree I don't recall you saying anything homophobic.
So your post history isn't as innocent as you're making out.
And as pointed out above, you claim you don't follow the news then make a comment about the behaviour of the press.
Now given your opinion of me I'd do yourself a favour and block me.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

This is correct, I did, doesn't take a genius to see that having thousands of people congregated together in a small area during an epidemic probably isn't the smartest thing to do, but also let's ignore me saying to close the borders and laying into the government for there lack of action in that regard.

You're wasting your time I'm afraid.

I don't think there is anything wrong with arguing all lives matter, neither is there anything wrong in wanting to put a stop to racism.

Sadly though, having that view point makes you 'ignorant' or 'racist'.

NorthernWisdom

I don't think there is anything wrong with arguing all lives matter, neither is there anything wrong in wanting to put a stop to racism.

Someone is targeting cats!

Dogs lives matter.

All lives matter is not an appropriate response to said protest. To do so marginalises and diminishes the message.

shmmeee

What help is saying All Lives Matter? What’s the motivation for saying it? Because it comes across like a spoilt child upset someone else is getting attention at best.

I know some outright racist people. They are the only ones who get visibly upset when BLM comes up. After a while if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it’s a duck.

David O'Day

What help is saying All Lives Matter? What’s the motivation for saying it? Because it comes across like a spoilt child upset someone else is getting attention at best.

I know some outright racist people. They are the only ones who get visibly upset when BLM comes up. After a while if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, it’s a duck.

Only motivation can be "We don't like black folk demanding the same rights and respect that we have"

Al Sharpton in Clint's post said it spot on, all lives matter but white folk have never had to fight to prove this.

clint van damme

You honestly telling me you think the people using the white lives matter slogan are humanitarians or do you think in most cases they've got an agenda?

If it's the former in the case of the ex prominent BNP member behind the plane stunt I'd genuinely love to read about his epiphany.

I don't 5hink you're racist but I do think you see calls by minorities for equal treatment as in some way prejudice against you (us). That's what happens when you're part of the demographic that's called the shots for centuries.
It's 2021, time to move on.

Marty

This is the problem, quick to label people, yet do they know I'm a child of an immigrant and dating a black women? So.... Those far right racist labels don't really sit well.

David O'Day

You honestly telling me you think the people using the white lives matter slogan are humanitarians or do you think in most cases they've got an agenda?

If it's the former in the case of the ex prominent BNP member behind the plane stunt I'd genuinely love to read about his epiphany.

I don't 5hink you're racist but I do think you see calls by minorities for equal treatment as in some way prejudice against you (us). That's what happens when you're part of the demographic that's called the shots for centuries.
It's 2021, time to move on.

If Mark Hamer has had an epiphany then he sould of told the bloke who posts on his twitter account.

clint van damme

This is the problem, quick to label people, yet do they know I'm a child of an immigrant and dating a black women? So.... Those far right racist labels don't really sit well.

Who labelled you a racist? No one said that.
It's incredible how people on here invent things to get themselves angry about.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's irrelevant sadly. Even if you are black and don't follow the narrative all of a sudden you aren't black enough.

The problem is that people cannot see BLM actually divides more people than it brings together. The response to all lives matter is met rather aggressively which not only doesn't win anyone over, but it also suggests to me a slightly more hidden agenda.

It's sad really. I don't think much of George Floyd, but his death was outrageous and should be used as a wake up call. I think if anything the behaviour of some has resulted in this making racial tensions worse.

hill83

I can’t believe this is still going round and round. I explained all this about 70 pages ago. If people don’t want to understand they are actively making a point of not understanding and/or are just thick.

Is it time to close this thread yet it’s doing my fucking head in.

clint van damme

It's irrelevant sadly. Even if you are black and don't follow the narrative all of a sudden you aren't black enough.

The problem is that people cannot see BLM actually divides more people than it brings together. The response to all lives matter is met rather aggressively which not only doesn't win anyone over, but it also suggests to me a slightly more hidden agenda.

It's sad really. I don't think much of George Floyd, but his death was outrageous and should be used as a wake up call. I think if anything the behaviour of some has resulted in this making racial tensions worse.

2nd half of post- George Floyds death should have been a wake up call.
1st half of pot - people who used George Floyd's death as a wake up call have made things worse.

And as for your comment about black people who don't follow the narrative you're a massive hypocrite.
You'll listen to a minority black voice like Candice Owens but ignore the majority who disagree with you.

David O'Day

I still can't get .my swede around people taking Candace Owens seriously.

She doesn't believe what she says, she does it for the pay. If the left offered her a better deal she'd swing back to being a liberal.

clint van damme

Protest will 'demand justice for Darren Cumberbatch' outside Cov court today

Things like this will just give the whole "white lives matter" thing more ammo, surely?

Why? If it was a member of my family I'd want answers.

The last white person I can remember been.killed in dubious circumstances by 5he police was Ian Tomlinson and the officer involved got prosecuted.

Edit - there's also the lad in Radford. Not sure what's happening with that one. Definitely something dodgy about it but it's more recent than the Cumberbatch one

NorthernWisdom

An inquest jury ruled last June that the actions of police officers - including baton strikes, other physical strikes, multiple punches, stamps, tasers and handcuffs - were a contributing factor to his death.

As reported earlier this month in our Coventry newsletter, a review into the 32-year-old's death is yet to happen as crucial court paperwork is yet to be written up a year later.

tbh, it's hardly radical to want the review to actually happen.

Nick

Administrator
Why? If it was a member of my family I'd want answers.

The last white person I can remember been.killed in dubious circumstances by 5he police was Ian Tomlinson and the officer involved got prosecuted.

Edit - there's also the lad in Radford. Not sure what's happening with that one. Definitely something dodgy about it but it's more recent than the Cumberbatch one

Of course people will want answers about what happened, however with everything about police brutality I have only seen the guy in London who had the sign with the long list mention it and fair play to him. I doubt the majority of people will even know about the guy shot in Radford.

clint van damme

Of course people will want answers about what happened, however with everything about police brutality I have only seen the guy in London who had the sign with the long list mention it and fair play to him. I doubt the majority of people will even know about the guy shot in Radford.

The guy in London's list also contained terrorist who'd been killed. Not sure that helped!

TomRad85

Hearing Black Lives Matter should really just result in a nod of the head and agreement. Until we get to that stage, that's why the campaign is there. Once we get to that stage, there'll be no need to mention it.
If it was just a slogan yes but its not, its a left wing movement brought over from another country and people are starting to realise this. To think there would be no blow back at all is ridiculous.
The Premierships Kick It Out campaign is perfect imo, we don't need black lives matter on the back of shirts and players essentially being forced to kneel before every game, its cringe for starters.
As mentioned above though, this thread is kind of going in circles and should probably be closed.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

If it was just a slogan yes but its not, its a left wing movement brought over from another country and people are starting to realise this. To think there would be no blow back at all is ridiculous.
The Premierships Kick It Out campaign is perfect imo, we don't need black lives matter on the back of shirts and players essentially being forced to kneel before every game, its cringe for starters.
As mentioned above though, this thread is kind of going in circles and should probably be closed.

Just because a movement originates in some way doesn't mean that is what it becomes. You can be as righty as you like, and still say Black Lives Matter!

Nick

Administrator
Just because a movement originates in some way doesn't mean that is what it becomes. You can be as righty as you like, and still say Black Lives Matter!

Can you say White Lives Matter or does that mean you are a racist? I have seen people say the issue with that is where it originated.

The thing about it all is context, which is what people are playing with.

"Any racism is for cunts" is a much catchier one that nobody can argue. If they do they are a c**t.

NorthernWisdom

Can you say White Lives Matter or does that mean you are a racist?
If there was systematic racism and abuse of white people then no, it wouldn't be.

If saying it now then yep, it would be as it would be attempting to shift discourse from one where there is an attempt to strive for equality. You can be as righty as you like and still agree with the latter. In fact, if you were that concerned by the insidious encoachment of lefties, then the best way to counter it is to agree with the statement, make sure you follow a path that treats people equally, and let it die down as there would be nothing to crusade against.

Nick

Administrator
If there was systematic racism and abuse of white people then no, it wouldn't be.

If saying it now then yep, it would be as it would be attempting to shift discourse from one where there is an attempt to strive for equality.

That is again what you perceive White Lives Matter to mean and what you perceive Black Lives Matter to mean based on 3 words.

Then it comes back down to all the lefty / righty nonsense we see. Those perceptions then change to suit.

You can agree with certain parts of both without being all or nothing. You can see that systematic racism is wrong but disagree that police should be defunded. The same as you can see something from the "other" side but not be trying to shag Tommy Robinson or ordering some braces and doc martens and booking yourself in for a union jack tattoo.

clint van damme

The thing is you're questioning certain actions taken on its behalf like BLM on shirts which is fine to do so in my opinion.

But I think it's wrong to question it's motives. A left wing movement?
Wanting equal treatment for black people surely isnt the preseve of the left is it?

I've asked at least 3 times on this thread without answer why were armed white militia allowed to storm government buildings during antii lockdown protests while police stood and watched?
They were on the streets at the Tulsa Trump rally.
Why have white mass shooters been treated with kid gloves by police while they've shot unarmed black men or knelt on their neck for over 8 minutes until they die?

Yes, it's been exported from the States but there will always be a ripple affect in the UK from what is happening in the US. What other world leader has people so vocally supporting or opposing them in this country as Trump for example?

You're right we're going round in circles because everything I e posted above I've posted at least once before in this thread but I think we'll continue to do so until there's change.

NorthernWisdom

That is again what you perceive White Lives Matter to mean and what you perceive Black Lives Matter to mean based on 3 words.
Nope. It's reading formation theory and how discourse is framed. *Any* movement will have a wide spectrum of beliefs. You have Liberal Tories like Johnson, and psycho Tories like Rees Mogg. You have radical lefties like Corbyn, you have moderates like Cooper.

The very phrase Black Lives Matter is not one to argue with, that's a human truth.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is you're questioning certain actions taken on its behalf like BLM on shirts which is fine to do so in my opinion.

But I think it's wrong to question it's motives. A left wing movement?
Wanting equal treatment for black people surely isnt the preseve of the left is it?

I've asked at least 3 times on this thread without answer why were armed white militia allowed to storm government buildings during antii lockdown protests while police stood and watched?
They were on the streets at the Tulsa Trump rally.
Why have white mass shooters been treated with kid gloves by police while they've shot unarmed black men or knelt on their neck for over 8 minutes until they die?

Yes, it's been exported from the States but there will always be a ripple affect in the UK from what is happening in the US. What other world leader has people so vocally supporting or opposing them in this country as Trump for example?

You're right we're going round in circles because everything I e posted above I've posted at least once before in this thread but I think we'll continue to do so until there's change.

Again, so much of it is based on America. You have people over here going on about the thousands of black people killed each year by white people in racist attacks etc. It's stuff that is seen on social media and repeated. There's no doubt that the media are stirring people up into a frenzy as usual.

Im not saying racism in America is great and shouldn't change, of course it should. Just like everywhere else, the world would be a much better place without it.

There's no doubt there's institutional racism that "we" don't see here as well as the blatant racism that is seen, there's no doubt there needs to be changed but when you have people who watch stuff in America and start shouting over here it just gets away from the point. Doesn't it?

Why is somebody preaching about police brutality thousands of miles away, in a completely different country when they probably have no idea about the bloke who got shot in their own city by the police?

clint van damme

Then it comes back down to all the lefty / righty nonsense we see. Those perceptions then change to suit.

You can agree with certain parts of both without being all or nothing. You can see that systematic racism is wrong but disagree that police should be defunded. The same as you can see something from the "other" side but not be trying to shag Tommy Robinson or ordering some braces and doc martens and booking yourself in for a union jack tattoo.

If people were worried about defunding the police they would have been opposing it for the ladst ten years and not voting Tory

20,000 officers and 20,000 civilian support staff gone.

Users who are viewing this thread