George Floyd (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

"Why can't they protest peacefully?"

Police are inciting these riots. What would you do if your wife was walking away from police and they pepper sprayed her in the head? What if your brother was being beaten on the floor for no reason? What if your friend was begging for his life while a policeman purposefully murdered them?

The police have been infiltrated by white supremacists.

David O'Day

Only took a few minutes to find that there may well be more to it. The person who shot the video, Elijah Schaffer of Blaze TV (an alt right host on a Conservative online channel), has said "I cannot confirm he was the store owner". Dallas Morning News have since confirmed he wasn't the store owner.

There's a longer video which shows the man with the machete instigating the attack, running after people and trying to attack them with his machete.

Someone on twitter, well at least until the account was deleted, has claimed it was him and if it is then other tweets allegedly from the same account do not show him in a good light.
Yep even the shorter edited version marty posted aren't what he claims

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

This is literally a matter of life or death for millions of people and you’ve made it about you and to add to that it’s something you’ve made up.
Life or Death for millions of people?
The vast majority of African-Americans are law-abiding people and never have a run-in with the police.
George Floyd was not a law-abiding citizen, he put himself in harms way by resisting a police officer.
From Wikipedia:
Preliminary results from the official autopsy found no indication that Floyd died of strangulation or traumatic asphyxia, but that the combined effects of being restrained, underlying health conditions, including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease, and potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death

David O'Day

The vast majority of African-Americans are law-abiding people and never have a run-in with the police.
George Floyd was not a law-abiding citizen, he put himself in harms way by resisting a police officer.
From Wikipedia:
Preliminary results from the official autopsy found no indication that Floyd died of strangulation or traumatic asphyxia, but that the combined effects of being restrained, underlying health conditions, including coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease, and potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death
Oh fuck off you small dicked racist c**t.

They knelt on his neck for 9 minutes and the copper is up on a murder charge.

David O'Day

From Wikipedia:
8000 posts of racist shite.

Brighton Sky Blue

From Wikipedia:

To turn this around, the vast majority of American police are reasonable and it doesn't enter their minds to be cruel or murderous. A small minority do have sadistic tendencies and have killed people posing little threat. Hardly any have faced charges for it.

chiefdave

Really? Mike Abumayyaleh, the owner of the store where the counterfeit $20 was used, has said Floyd was a regular and never any trouble. He's also stated Floyd at no point resisted arrest.
Not sure what point you're trying to prove here. He was being restrained in a manner not taught or approved by the police which led to his death. Even if you believe what you've quoted that's still the case. The murnder charge states 'by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life'. Wouldn't have thought that was something you could defend.

chiefdave

To turn this around, the vast majority of American police are reasonable and it doesn't enter their minds to be cruel or murderous. A small minority do have sadistic tendencies and have killed people posing little threat. Hardly any have faced charges for it.
That may be the case but they aren't doing themselves any favours. There is post after post after post from this weekend showing officers all around the country exhibiting disgusting behaviour. Some of which have been posted on this thread.

chiefdave

More police violence caught live on TV. You have to wonder if this much is being captured on film how much is actually going on that never comes to light?

Their 'crime' was breaking curfew. Only problem was the alerts for the 9pm curfew were sent to phones after 9pm.

Brighton Sky Blue

That may be the case but they aren't doing themselves any favours. There is post after post after post from this weekend showing officers all around the country exhibiting disgusting behaviour. Some of which have been posted on this thread.

Clumsy phrasing on my part, we have crossed wires here

PurpleBin

We're being distracted. There's something happening "they" don't want us to know about...Sure of it.

Search Twitter for #obamagate

Last edited:

skybluetony176

From Wikipedia:
He also had a long history of not being bulletproof. If the police had shot him would it have still been his fault he died.

Skybluefaz

From Wikipedia:
Can't believe you are protecting it.

Sky Blue Pete

"Why can't they protest peacefully?"

Police are inciting these riots. What would you do if your wife was walking away from police and they pepper sprayed her in the head? What if your brother was being beaten on the floor for no reason? What if your friend was begging for his life while a policeman purposefully murdered them?

The police have been infiltrated by white supremacists.

Just fear and hatred of which we are all capable. It’s all going to shit

shmmeee

I certainly have compassion and empathy and I'm not surprised people are rioting.

My own personal thoughts and unfortunately I have seen many posts saying as such, is to feel guilty as a white man is just ridiculous. Sadly this hasn't just been something I invented because I was bored.

The reality is that people need to join together to show it is not acceptable.

I say the same thing about feminism, which is obviously totally different from this. Saying all men are hideous beings doesn't win many of them over to push for equal rights.

Sorry if my post appeared visicious, it wasn't supposed to be at all.

You’re conflating fringe views in social justice with the overall message though. Are there men hating feminists? Yes of course. Is that a majority strand of belief in feminism? No not really.

Same for anti racism campaigners. Are there some racist campaigners who bang on about all whites people being to blame? Yes. Are they the majority viewpoint? Not at all.

It’d be like saying all right wing people are Tommy Mair. It’s called nutpicking (as opposed to cherry picking) and it’s taking the worst examples of something as representative.

You shouldn’t feel guilty for being white. Anyone who has implied that is wrong and the language of social justice activism is poor because it’s easy to think that’s what people are saying (especially with the more batshit White vs white stuff). But the overall message and the one of everyone on this thread at least is about compassion for black Americans and understanding that the experience of black people can be very different to the average white experience.

That’s what white privilege really means: that you have the luxury of not worrying about the cops being called for literally nothing or those cops then deciding to execute you in the street. It doesn’t mean you feel guilty for being white it just means you accept other people’s experience is different from your own.

Last edited:

jordan210

RIP to all sneaker shops across America !

On a serious note. Some of the videos of both police and "protesters" are crazy and disturbing. Beating people for no reason.

It's the small shops who are going to get hit the hardest. The ones that support their local community. Yet people are being beaten for defending their business and then watch it get looted and burnt down.

hill83

People get upset about the mention of white privilege. But for a bit of context from my life.

My mum is black and the majority of my family are. I look white. All of my male cousins have had multiple run ins with police and all of them are law abiding. I’ve had a cousin murdered with an axe for being black. I’ve never so much as had a police officer look at me and I’m not doing anything different to them. There’s stories in our family WhatsApp group regularly. And I’m not anti police at all, the irony being my auntie is a retired police officer of 35 years. It exists.

“Just do as you are told and it will be fine” doesn’t always work. My cousin got stopped and questioned by police going for a jog 3 days ago.
I’ve got absolutely no issue realising my life is easier having people think I’m white. Why can’t some people get to grips with this. It’s not an attack on anyone.

Grendel

From Wikipedia:

He didn’t resist arrest there is a video stone where showing that. His alleged offence was a fake 20 dollar bill

Your comments are gobsmacking but as you are a fully fledged yank it gives some insight in the minds of some US Republicans I suppose

Have you seen the video it’s horrific

Liquid Gold

If i were involved in BLM at the moment no matter how nuts it is I’d be encouraging their supporters to arm themselves with automatic weapons and block government buildings and police stations.

They let anti lockdown people trying to incite a race war get away with it and if nothing else it would show the hypocrisy.

People also say peaceful protest is the way and highlight MLK and Ghandi without mentioning that MLK was the most unpopular man in America at the time of his murder, they were both murdered and there were significant violent movements at the time in both nations including groups like the black panthers. Kaepernick has been peacefully protesting this shit for years and told it wasn’t the right time to do it, shut up, stay in his late etc. And lost his job for it.

Staying peaceful is what you’re told by power to make you compliant. Any Historical movement that has forced chance has involved a significant degree of civil disobedience.

Finally, this isn’t a time to be going on about antifa, or making anything about yourself. This is about having solidarity with a people that are fed up of being summarily executed because of the colour of their skin. It has to stop. Trump will distract his morons by talking about random fringe groups but racism is imbedded in the system and this has to be a moment of change.

Otis

People get upset about the mention of white privilege. But for a bit of context from my life.

My mum is black and the majority of my family are. I look white. All of my male cousins have had multiple run ins with police and all of them are law abiding. I’ve had a cousin murdered with an axe for being black. I’ve never so much as had a police officer look at me and I’m not doing anything different to them. There’s stories in our family WhatsApp group regularly. And I’m not anti police at all, the irony being my auntie is a retired police officer of 35 years. It exists.

“Just do as you are told and it will be fine” doesn’t always work. My cousin got stopped and questioned by police going for a jog 3 days ago.
I’ve got absolutely no issue realising my life is easier having people think I’m white. Why can’t some people get to grips with this. It’s not an attack on anyone.
Great post, Hill.

Liquid Gold

Also, the cop has been charged with third degree murder which means he undertook a course of action “without any design to effect death”.

He knelt on the guys neck for 10 minutes while he begged for his life in a restraint method he’d never been taught in any official capacity.

You’re also likely to see his colleagues testify that he was an exemplary officer who made an awful misjudgement which throws the whole ‘one bad apple’ bullshit out of the window. They are there to serve the populace and are just murdering them. Steroid abuse is rife, a lot or army vets with undiagnosed PTSD and the culture of machismo has been infected with white supremacist views. Any officer defending him should face charges too. Luckily for them they have the psychopath in chief in the Oval Office and Mr. ‘Nothing needs changing’ going up against him.

Liquid Gold

Apart from the fact it needed to be said. I’ve been banging the same drum for decades and I’m sick to death of it.
People only seeing bits of it now we all have smart phones and can see it. Been happening since there was a police force. Same in this country with people dying in custody. Nothing ever happens.

People will listen to your experiences as a mixed race guy and stories from Your black family members and not dismiss but internalise them exaggerating because it isn’t their experience. That is white privilege.

David O'Day

The far right wingnuts are circulating pictures of who they say are the "antifa" ringleaders. Sadly they are just sharing pictures of of the band The National

clint van damme

Apart from the fact it needed to be said. I’ve been banging the same drum for decades and I’m sick to death of it.
I went to a few anti Nazi league marches and events when I was younger (still at school)
I was strongly anti racist but I'll be honest it always used to kick off with the NF and for lads of our age out was a great laugh.

There were real issues with racism back then and you may tell me different and I'll accept that but I think things did get better for a long time (not perfect but better).
I think we've hurled backwards in the last few years and it pissed me off. Life throws up enough shit as it is without this silly ignorant bollocks looming over society

Otis

You have. I have heard you say the same sort of thing many times on here, but here we still are and nothing really changes.

The only real positive I come out with is that I look at all that footage and say thank god this isn't America.

I treat everyone as an individual. That is what we all are, individuals.

It's incredibly saddening to see what's going on, while accepting this is the 21st century.

Users who are viewing this thread