George Curtis (2 Viewers)

NortonSkyBlue

George Curtis was a massive figure in the history of Coventry City and his contribution will stand as long as the club stands. Great leader and I will never forget the photo of George on the stretcher at Forest with a broken leg in our second game in the top division. looked totally unfazed. Legend.

higgs

RIP Sir George thanks for the memories general of sky blue army

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Covkid1968#

RIP George. I remember throwing my season ticket onto the pitch one game in anger. After the game having calmed a bit I went around to the office at highfield road and George was in there. When a legend like George Curtis tells you you’re a prat you tend to listen. He went and got it and safe to say I never did anything like that again. A true gent and such a sad loss.

stevefloyd

Ohhh what a sad day, I remember seeing him at the Boro' ground the night before we played Bayern, he had broken his leg at the time, he looked absolutely huge and towered above me, I then seen him at a pre season friendly years later and I was taller than him, I recounted my thoughts to him and had a lovely chat with him, the word legend is bandied around at times but he was a true legend...RIP big man sad sad loss in my mind you will always be that towering figure !!

Users who are viewing this thread