General Election 2019 thread (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Lol Innes is a disaster area
I would suggest the national party would do well to keep anyone connected to the local council as far away from campaigning as possible. Nothing would put me off potentially voting for Labour than them turning up at my door.

Grendel

I would suggest the national party would do well to keep anyone connected to the local council as far away from campaigning as possible. Nothing would put me off potentially voting for Labour than them turning up at my door.

Tbh I can’t see Coventry turning blue but if it does it’s going to be down to a shocking lazy and arrogant campaign in both South and NW - they are just going through the motions

SkyBlueDom26

Donald Trump London NATO visit includes tea with Prince Charles Queen and Downing Street reception | Daily Mail Online

General election: Donald Trump backs Boris Johnson but says 'I'll stay out of election'

Asked about whether the NHS would be discussed between US and UK officials for a future trade deal after Brexit, he said: "No not at all. I have nothing to do with it. Never even thought about it, honestly.

"I don't even know where that rumour started.

There we go, can we put this nhs for sale to bed now

skybluetony176

Donald Trump London NATO visit includes tea with Prince Charles Queen and Downing Street reception | Daily Mail Online

General election: Donald Trump backs Boris Johnson but says 'I'll stay out of election'

Asked about whether the NHS would be discussed between US and UK officials for a future trade deal after Brexit, he said: "No not at all. I have nothing to do with it. Never even thought about it, honestly.

Fake news.

The minute he said he backs Boris he hasn’t stayed out of it

I don’t know where this rumour started? Mmmm? Him himself, members of his staff and the minutes from trade negotiations.

SkyBlueDom26

Fake news.

The minute he said he backs Boris he hasn’t stayed out of it

I don’t know where this rumour started? Mmmm? Him himself, members of his staff and the minutes from trade negotiations.

You know its bullshit deep down, still you'd never criticise Corbyn would ya

SkyblueBazza

You know, when you have to start making up imaginary scenarios to make an argument you don’t really have an argument.
You mean you find it an awkward one so don't want to answer it.

It wasn't so long ago nobody imagined life away from the EU.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SkyblueBazza

Weird how the bombastic buccaneering Brexit spirit goes missing and suddenly we’re a useless country that doesn’t deserve better and couldn’t achieve it if we wanted to.

As we are exploring imaginary scenarios...where did that one come from? If I see or hear anyone say or even intimate we are useless etc. I will take issue with them...whether or not your post was aimed at me

NorthernWisdom

Well if Labour went through the same process & came up with a policy to abolish the armed forces. Are you saying people would just say it is irrelevant as it isn't actually in the manifesto? Or would they be concerned enough to vote for someone else?

Some would, some wouldn't...personally, I would.

What if they went through the same process for putting tigers in charge of childcare?

What if!

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Come on Dom, Trump has publicly stated the NHS is on the table and its in the minutes from trade negotiations!

Do you not think there's the slightest chance Johnson has asked him to play it down as its causing issues?
So when a couple of singles marry. One has a pink table cloth on their table, the other blue. They negotiate as to which they keep for their table, & even which table they keep.

So perhaps we can assume that we have said absolutely no way...we will use your table but my tablecloth!?

Who knows but Pharma drug negotiations & policy on pricing is entirely different to selling off the NHS

clint van damme

No we can't put it to bed. He said it was when standing next to Theresa May in front of the British press, even you must now acknowledge that either way he is a proven liar. And there is too much evidence that the NHS is up for grabs for me to believe what trump says.

Grendel

He isn’t...

He is and the claims regarding assumed extra costs are absolutely absurd - he’s said people will have to fund their own childbirth it’s an outright lie

clint van damme

So when a couple of singles marry. One has a pink table cloth on their table, the other blue. They negotiate as to which they keep for their table, & even which table they keep.

So perhaps we can assume that we have said absolutely no way...we will use your table but my tablecloth!?

Who knows but Pharma drug negotiations & policy on pricing is entirely different to selling off the NHS

the king of the non sequitur strikes again!

Ian1779

He is and the claims regarding assumed extra costs are absolutely absurd - he’s said people will have to fund their own childbirth it’s an outright lie
In the American system - that is what happens. So if we sell off the NHS and go to an insurance based system that will happen.

SkyBlueDom26

You clearly drink the Tory ‘Kool-Aid’ and believe every word that they say. If that works for you then fair play.

The rest of us know it’s horseshit.

And you clearly drink the Labour 'kool-aid' believing all the free things we'll be getting!! Don't forget it will be free unicorns next

clint van damme

In the American system - that is what happens. So if we sell off the NHS and go to an insurance based system that will happen.

are we talking about a persons own childbirth or the birth of their children, the wording's a bit ambiguous but if it's the latter then you definitely have to pay or have adequate insurance.

Otis

I was fine with that until he said 'honestly.'

Grendel

Drivel we won’t and you know it. The US trade discussion is nothing to do with that

SkyblueBazza

the king of the non sequitur strikes again!
Which means you cannot counter argue the principle or the point.

Not the first time though. I have noticed how sometimes you and one or two others suddenly go AWOL so you don't have to answer questions or might have to conceed.

You know - just like what Bojo is accused of.

clint van damme

Which means you cannot counter argue the principle or the point.

Not the first time though. I have noticed how sometimes you and one or two others suddenly go AWOL so you don't have to answer questions or might have to conceed.

You know - just like what Bojo is accused of.

of course it does Baz!

chiefdave

But in that scenario Johnson and co would come out and say the US were after the NHS and we put our foot down and said it wasn't up for discussion.

What we're actually seeing is a denial from everyone involved that there has been a discussion when we can all see the evidence there has been for ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread