General Election 2019 thread (11 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

Can see the brexit party and lib dems taking votes off the 2 main parties with all of this infighting/allegations going on

Johnnythespider

the irony here it’s in response to a tweet by a defector Nick Bowles who unlike the labour defectors retains a loyalty to his original routes against Mr Corbyn - the irony is hilarious
"Yeah, well i can't hear anyone else laughing" - Jarvis Cocker

Philosorapter

Still waiting on the decision from Labour's NEC for their Coventry South candidate.

I do think we need a change there but definitely not from the names being banded around from the local council.

We must have some Labour councillors who are being silent but able to do the job.

Philosorapter

It looks like Gordon Brown may be crossing off Coventry and the surrounding areas for any forthcoming book signings.

shmmeee

Still waiting on the decision from Labour's NEC for their Coventry South candidate.

I do think we need a change there but definitely not from the names being banded around from the local council.

We must have some Labour councillors who are being silent but able to do the job.

Out of the Sultana into the O’Boyle

Join a political party folks!

Philosorapter

Out of the Sultana into the O’Boyle

I actually left Coventry to do a Masters in Philosophy, and a good proportion of that was naturally in political philosophy. Probably the only one there not aligned to a political grouping.

I have realised after exchanging tweets with a good few Labour councillors is that we do need change.

I always remember one councillor proudly telling me they joined Labour because of Tony Blair.

Must of been because of his war record.

Always considered myself Labour but I don't recognise many values I would hold to in the local party in Coventry.

Last edited:

Johnnythespider

Fuck me talk about a click bait headline

“Be it Corbyn or whoever, I will always claim Argentina's sovereignty over the Malvinas and South Atlantic islands.”
Is that what it says, i can't be arsed to read it.

chiefdave

How on earth do they get that headline?

When you read the story Argentina's new president Fernandez has been elected on a platform of reclaiming the Falklands. Both Johnson and Corbyn have given Fernandez their congratulations on winning the election and Fernandez will be seeking talks regarding reclaiming the Falklands from whoever wins our election.

Used to clickbate crap but this takes the biscuit.

stupot07

When you read the story Argentina's new president Fernandez has been elected on a platform of reclaiming the Falklands. Both Johnson and Corbyn have given Fernandez their congratulations on winning the election and Fernandez will be seeking talks regarding reclaiming the Falklands from whoever wins our election.

Doms bought it hook, line and sinker

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

djr8369

Same as the previous president as well then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I actually left Coventry to do a Masters in Philosophy, and a good proportion of that was naturally in political philosophy. Probably the only one there not aligned to a political grouping.

I have realised after exchanging tweets with a good few Labour councillors is that we do need change.

I always remember one councillor proudly telling me they joined Labour because of Tony Blair.

Must of been because of his war record.

Always considered myself Labour but I don't recognise many values I would hold to in the local party in Coventry.

You’d be surprised. Labour is a pretty broad church. If you want a party for people like you, best thing is to join one so it has people like you in it. If not then you have to accept your views aren’t popular enough or you aren’t motivated enough to push them (I happily accept both :D )

Philosorapter

You’d be surprised. Labour is a pretty broad church. If you want a party for people like you, best thing is to join one so it has people like you in it. If not then you have to accept your views aren’t popular enough or you aren’t motivated enough to push them (I happily accept both :D )

I can understand differing views but if I wanted to join a local party mostly full of Conservatives ideas I would join the Conservatives.

Astute

Yeah, but, Dianne Abbott , yeah, but, Dianne Abbott.
So level or one vote out is a Diane Abbott? :wideyed:

Saying that those putting it together should have done better. But we know where we are when some make 1 vote out of many such a big deal.

skybluetony176

Saying that those putting it together should have done better. But we know where we are when some make 1 vote out of many such a big deal.
It’s the most simple equation ever. Divide the difference by two then add one. This is on top of the chancellor was going to destroy Labours spending plans, right up to the moment he discovered that he couldn’t explain his own.

clint van damme

It was the same when Phillip Hammond got his figures wrong by tens of billions, ( I think on 2 occadions).

The same when Matt Hancock said 20000 is the same as 21000.
The same when Hancock tried to explain where the money was coming for the 40 new hospitals.
Yeah, but, Dianne Abbott.

Astute

It was the same when Phillip Hammond got his figures wrong by tens of billions, ( I think on 2 occadions).

The same when Matt Hancock said 20000 is the same as 21000.
The same when Hancock tried to explain where the money was coming for the 40 new hospitals.
Yeah, but, Dianne Abbott.
It was. And I agree. But you must admit a link to how many votes needed to turn a seat and being level isn't that much of a sin. Just thick fuckers that don't understand. Just adding 1 more would have changed it.

clint van damme

It was. And I agree. But you must admit a link to how many votes needed to turn a seat and being level isn't that much of a sin. Just thick fuckers that don't understand. Just adding 1 more would have changed it.

true, not a massive faux pas in the scheme of things.

clint van damme

so both parties have announced they're going on a spending spree with the tories doing it in conjunction with tax cuts.
Be interesting to see the working out on from the pair of them though I don't expect Labour to deviate too much from their last manifesto.
Obviously the tories had no costing in their last manifesto I expect this one to be more comprehensive.

shmmeee

The pause in this...

Oh, and the content!

She’s going to have to go. But I still hate this idea that we don’t know that people use a turn of phrase. Can anyone honestly say that they seriously don’t understand this, or that Tory woman saying people should be put down, or Jess Phillips when she said she’d stab Corbyn in the front?

It’s just so dishonest.

Astute

so both parties have announced they're going on a spending spree with the tories doing it in conjunction with tax cuts.
Be interesting to see the working out on from the pair of them though I don't expect Labour to deviate too much from their last manifesto.
Obviously the tories had no costing in their last manifesto I expect this one to be more comprehensive.
A Tory spending spree is a tax cut. Part of their offer will be to give what they should have done years ago. Pay freezes finished. Benefit freezes finished.

This is what worries me if Labour get in and McDonnell going on a major spending spree. When the Tories get back in it would be time to pay for the spending spree. More cuts. Tax brought back down so more cuts again. More NHS cuts.

It won't bother me hopefully as I will be gone. But we all know how bad the austerity years are. And I have kids and grandkids that will still be here. I might be leaving the UK but it will still be my home. I will get to more football games than now. Not working but close to airports that will get me to Birmingham quicker than I can get there now from where I live.

Users who are viewing this thread