General Election 2019 thread (3 Viewers)

Philosorapter

My ex wife struggled with the concept of money.

If this place didn't take a sideways glance at issues I would be worried.

Let me tell you though, it was no fun finding out after the social worker was cut that he had racked up bills to point of debt collection. No fun going through the finances when they were threatening to cut off his utilities over non-payment and debt collection agencies calling.

Spent one afternoon absolutely bollocking some debt collectors over the phone. This was before the FCA came in to being.

I will say the utility companies were good and do have a social fund but it's connecting the dots for people. This should not be a personal problem for a person who has issues with money but one that society deals with through letting the person have use of a social worker.

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

When I lived in Coventry I did know someone who struggled with the concept of money. Had a social worker to look after the issue this caused until austerity came along.

But does that mean they should be paid less? What this woman is effectively saying is 'exploitation is fine'. That in itself is horrific.

To then make the assumption disabled people struggle with the concept of money is sickening. Plenty of physically disabled people have a very good understanding of money because their condition means they struggle to get enough of it. Meanwhile I'm sure Ms heart goes around shopping for brand names and at 'posh' shops and restaurants paying above the odds for the same stuff that's cheaper elsewhere but with a different label in it.

I reckon Last Leg will be mentioning this tonight.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Your normal out of touch Tory. The type of person she mentioned does exist. But does she think they don't have living expenses? A lot of people give up their life as they know it to look after someone. They suffer a big income reduction most of the time. Every penny that comes in is needed. Those who have never had financial difficulties or even don't know anyone who has just haven't got a clue. To them it is ready cash....or lack of it that is hard at times. But they don't know what it is like to worry about a bill due in.

I would like to see something like working out how much it would cost for someone to be looked after by the state. Then a minimum payment of 50% given to relatives who look after this person. The ones most in need of help would then get it. But they want it all done for free.

I agree. The whole 'Big Society' was basically a con into how to get people to do stuff for free by people who wouldn't get out of bed for less than most people earn in a month.

I've said before that if you wanted to prove how much this system doesn't work and how it's a bottom-up not top-down society is for all those that do things for free/unpaid to stop doing it or demand payment (even a MW rather than going rate) and within a couple of weeks we'd be on our knees. Parents/grandparents looking after children, family/neighbours looking after elderly, sick or disabled relatives, volunteers and charity workers, unpaid interns or unpaid overtime. Meanwhile Belgium went 18 months without a government.

Philosorapter

Must not forget this peach from a few years back about the wonders of austerity.

Many of those hit by a cut to the winter fuel allowance might "not be around" at the next election, said Alex Wild of the Taxpayers' Alliance.

Otis

I have a feeling that Tories and Labour both have something big (and nasty) up their sleeves that they have been saving until just before the election, in order to have maximum impact and less time to defend against. Some nasty sleeze on Johnson, and something other than the usual anti-semitism stuff on Corbyn. Wonder what it will be.
Boris Johnson will rip off his mask and it will be a Boris Johnson mask underneath.

hill83

Boris Johnson will rip off his mask and it will be a Boris Johnson mask underneath.

giphy.gif

skybluetony176

And the bad news (or truth as it’s commonly known) keeps coming for Boris.

“The lead Brexit envoy in the UK's embassy in Washington has resigned, saying she can no longer "peddle half-truths" on behalf of political leaders she does not trust.

Alexandra Hall Hall sent a resignation letter earlier this week, warning that there were increasing demands being placed on civil servants not to be "fully honest" with the public.”

Even the Daily Fail has picked up on the story. The details they’ve released are pretty damming.

Top UK diplomat in the US quits just before election with a blast at Boris Johnson over Brexit | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Won’t even face his own constituency now.

“Anger as Boris Johnson refuses to attend his own constituency hustings

Boris Johnson has been accused of thinking he is “above accountability” after refusing to attend his own constituency hustings – despite locals rearranging the event to make it easier for him to be held up to public scrutiny.

The prime minister has faced criticism for declining interviews from both the BBC’s Andrew Neil and ITV’s Julie Etchingham after Labour’s Jeremy Corbyn featured on the programmes of both.

Now local polticians have said they too are being sidelines by the PM’s determination to avoid scrutiny after Mr Johnson failed to attend a hustings event in his Uxbridge and South Ruislip constituency.”

Chick chick chick chick chicken, lay a little egg for me.

Brighton Sky Blue

Won’t even face his own constituency now.

“Anger as Boris Johnson refuses to attend his own constituency hustings

Boris Johnson has been accused of thinking he is “above accountability” after refusing to attend his own constituency hustings – despite locals rearranging the event to make it easier for him to be held up to public scrutiny.

The prime minister has faced criticism for declining interviews from both the BBC’s Andrew Neil and ITV’s Julie Etchingham after Labour’s Jeremy Corbyn featured on the programmes of both.

Now local polticians have said they too are being sidelines by the PM’s determination to avoid scrutiny after Mr Johnson failed to attend a hustings event in his Uxbridge and South Ruislip constituency.”

Chick chick chick chick chicken, lay a little egg for me.

Doesn't matter he'll have a double figure lead no matter what

shmmeee

Good for you. There's always Dianne Abbot to fall back on to do number bonds to 10.

This really is bald men fighting over combs. You simply can’t vote on competence this election. You’ve got two radical visions: far right or far left (by modern standards). Pick one and hope the idiots in charge don’t totally fuck the country.

Should we fuck it up trying to help the average person or fuck it up trying to help a bunch of billionaires.

covcity4life

This really is bald men fighting over combs. You simply can’t vote on competence this election. You’ve got two radical visions: far right or far left (by modern standards). Pick one and hope the idiots in charge don’t totally fuck the country.

Should we fuck it up trying to help the average person or fuck it up trying to help a bunch of billionaires.
well when the average person is voting to help the billionaires...........

eastwoodsdustman

Cov north east. One candidate says she’ll fight to bring the club back to the city the other had a £700 hospitality gift from wasps this year.

Otis

Anyone count how many tines our Boris said 'Get Brexit done' tonight?

Must have been double figures mustn't it?

Brighton Sky Blue

You’ll see the light eventually comrade!!

No mate thanks to your wisdom I have seen the light right now. It all makes so much sense when you realise that the crazy commie with the stubbly beard is the biggest threat of all time!!! I heard he wants to build a bridge straight to Caracas?!!?!

Users who are viewing this thread