Garlick new stadium group (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Rotherham's 12K capacity stadium cost £20m to build plus cost of land, planning, legals etc so I would say you're looking at £30m as a minimum. There are no other facilities to sell on or lease to generate money. Potentially you could sell naming rights but I can't see them being worth a great deal. Would anyone invest in a stadium. From what SISU tell us about the Ricoh the actual value for resale will be way below the build cost so how would you make a profit? If it all has to be financed the loan repayments would way above the level of rent that was said to be crippling the club.

So if it costs 30 million. If we take SISU's lowest debt figure of 30 million.
They need to sell it all on for 60 million.

Considering Reading is a better stadium and a better prospect due to parachute payments it is getting sold for 50 million ....

chiefdave

So if it costs 30 million. If we take SISU's lowest debt figure of 30 million. They need to sell it all on for 60 million.

You also need to factor in at least 3 years (I'd say 5 as a minimum, more likley longer) of massively reduced income due to playing at Sixfields as well do it is going to be over £60m they need to sell it for. Of course any buyer has leverage, assuming the bowl at the Ricoh is still available there will be a surplus of stadiums, simple supply and demand tells you that will drive the resale value of the new ground down.

Grendel

As stated on the other thread the debt will be considerably less. Probably £8 to £10 million.

wingy

You also need to factor in at least 3 years (I'd say 5 as a minimum, more likley longer) of massively reduced income due to playing at Sixfields as well do it is going to be over £60m they need to sell it for. Of course any buyer has leverage, assuming the bowl at the Ricoh is still available there will be a surplus of stadiums, simple supply and demand tells you that will drive the resale value of the new ground down.

Unless a second team appears on the scene
Maybe SISU will realise the value of this in that parallel world and build one from scratch

AJB1983

I'll have a guess at whose on it..
Pat Raybould, Johnathan Strange, KevinHeffernan, Kevin Monks, Steve Bradshaw the usual suspects...

J

Jack Griffin

See OSB and Godiva's posts - its the debt in the Arvo fund.

You forgot the rest. It was about £35M when OSB last analysed the figures, there are more creditors than ARVO, also another sum was borrowed from ARVO recently, the amount has yet to be disclosed, but all the ARVO loans have interest payments attached..

Grendel

You forgot the rest. It was about £35M when OSB last analysed the figures, there are more creditors than ARVO, also another sum was borrowed from ARVO recently, the amount has yet to be disclosed, but all the ARVO loans have interest payments attached..

The council poster boy returns. I am trying to find a football related post "Jack" - can you help me out? Yo Yo training doesn't count.

Hobo

Rotherham's 12K capacity stadium cost £20m to build plus cost of land, planning, legals etc so I would say you're looking at £30m as a minimum. There are no other facilities to sell on or lease to generate money. Potentially you could sell naming rights but I can't see them being worth a great deal. Would anyone invest in a stadium. From what SISU tell us about the Ricoh the actual value for resale will be way below the build cost so how would you make a profit? If it all has to be financed the loan repayments would way above the level of rent that was said to be crippling the club.

"Plus cost of land".
Rural farm land in UK is fetching around 7-10,000 pound per acre. On the borders of Coventry and Warwickshire I dont know of any old industrial land for sale the size SISU want? 60 acres is it?

Users who are viewing this thread